Final.

Thank You For Being Born.

Thank You For Being Born.

Word Count: 4,223

Warning(s): Bad writing. Fluff. Just fluff.

Himchan watches as Daehyun tries, once again, to sweet talk Yongguk into going on a date with him. It's gross and a little pathetic because both parties are blushing and giggling like school girls but he knows what Yongguk is going to say.

“It's just not a good time right now.” Yongguk tells Daehyun for about the tenth time this week. Daehyun has stopped looking like a kicked puppy every time Yongguk turns him down and started looking determined. Himchan admires his gusto. Himchan turns around when the bell at the counter rings and goes to help out a customer. He sighs and grumbles when he sees it's just Youngjae, his obnoxious co-worker who constantly tells him that he should work harder.

“Hi, hyung, what are you doing?” Youngjae's smile is sickly sweet and Himchan rolls his eyes.

“What do you want Youngjae?” Himchan asks with a raised brow.

“I want to know if you're done with counting the inventory for your part of the store?” Truthfully, Himchan hasn't even half way finished checking his inventory, but he's not going to tell Youngjae that. Youngjae's the literal definition of pain in the .

“Yes, I am.” Himchan lies.

“Good, then tonight before we leave you can have the paper on my desk right?” Youngjae smiles and walks off and Himchan mocks him behind his back. When he walks back into the back room, he sees Daehyun standing far too close to Yongguk and smiling like the little grease ball he is. Himchan decides it's time to put a stop to this.

“Daehyun, quit flirting with Yongguk and come do your job.” Himchan tells him. Yongguk looks up at Himchan and he can tell by the furrow of his brow that Youngjae just paid him a visit. Daehyun scurries off to do whatever it is that he's going to do and Yongguk walks over to Himchan to be his shoulder to cry on. Sometimes he means that literally too; Himchan can get so frustrated with Youngjae that he'll actually cry.

“What's wrong?” Yongguk asks and Himchan leans his head on his shoulder.

“Why is our boss such a hard ? He's younger than us, he should show some respect!” Himchan says and Yongguk laughs. Yes, Youngjae is younger than both of them, but he's been working at the pharmacy longer than anyone else has so it only makes sense that he's the boss. Yongguk, while being the oldest of most of his co-workers, just started working at this pharmacy a couple of months ago, thanks to Himchan. He and Himchan had been best friends since they were in diapers and they're still roommates to this day.

“He's still our boss Himchan. And you know you aren't being very respectful of his authority either since you have yet to do your inventory.” Yongguk says tells him tying his hardest to sound sympathetic but failing miserably.

“You know what? I hate you both.” Himchan says as he raises his head from Yongguk's shoulder.

“First off, you don't hate me, and second, inventory isn't that hard. I'll even help you so that you can have it done by tonight.” Yongguk offers.

“But what about customers?” Himchan asks.

“We'll deal with them as they come. Come on, let's go count pills!” Yongguk holds his arm out and Himchan takes it with a laugh. The best thing about working with your best friend is that work never really feels like work. At least not to Himchan. “So,” Himchan says as he looks at a prescription bottle to see what pills need to go into it. “I saw Daehyun flirting with you. Again.” Himchan states not looking up at Yongguk.

“Yeah, he asked me out again.” Yongguk says sounding a little distracted.

“Oh, I know. And I know that you used your signature line again too. You'd think the kid would just give up already.” Himchan tells him. Yongguk looks up from the bottle in his hand at Himchan with a smile.

“Not everyone takes rejection as rejection. He seems to take it as a challenge which is fine, but it's just not a good time right now.” Yongguk says for about the two-hundredth time.

“And why not?” Himchan has completely lost focus on the inventory as he focuses all of his attention on Yongguk.

“It's still too soon, ok? I mean to go from being engaged to being single and getting asked out every day in a few months is a lot to handle.” Yongguk says. Himchan nods, understanding. Yongguk and his old flame were engaged to be married but, as soon as they told his ex's parents, things took a turn for the worst and they forced him to break up with Yongguk and move to another country. It hurt them both, but Yongguk would never forgive himself if he had forced his fiance to alienate his parents from his life. They'd said goodbye to each other for good with heavy hearts and Yongguk quit his old job where they first met and went to work with Himchan.

“I get it, I do.” Himchan says and that seems to end the conversation. Daehyun pokes his head around the corner to tell them they have a customer. “Alright, I'll be right out.” Himchan calls as he stands and goes to tend to the customer.

“Yongguk hyung?” Daehyun says and Yongguk looks up at him with a quirked brow.

“What's up?” Yongguk asks sitting up to look at Daehyun fully.

“You like roses right?” Daehyun asks and Yongguk snorts out a laugh.

“You're very persistent, you know?” Yongguk asks him.

“I know, I've been told. You need some help?” Daehyun asks motioning to the many bottles and sheets in front of him.

“I'd love that.” Yongguk says with a small smile. Daehyun sits directly beside him and he shakes his head laughing a little. When Himchan makes it back about fifteen minutes later he takes in the scene before him; Yongguk and Daehyun are sitting on the floor extremely close to one another and counting pills in silence. Daehyun keeps leaning in too close to Yongguk who blushes in turn and Yongguk keeps somehow rubbing against Daehyuns knee which makes the younger blush as well. He shakes his head and decides not to say anything as he joins them silently. It takes about twenty minutes for either of them to notice that Himchan has joined them and he rolls his eyes in exasperation when they do.

“Yeah, I've been here. Keep counting.” Himchan says without looking up at the two pairs of eyes on him.

At the end of the day Himchan, Yongguk, and Daehyun have all managed to do inventory and correct any of their (Himchan's) mistakes and Himchan can proudly turn in his paper work. As he goes off to do just that, Yongguk packs up their things and gets ready to go to the car. Daehyun had left a little while earlier and, although he hated to admit it, he was actually upset that he didn't get to see Daehyun before he left. He was helping a customer at the time, a nice little ahjumma who was constantly pinching his cheeks and calling him cute, and the last thing he's seen of the man was the back of his head as he walked out the door. Just as Yongguk is turning off the lights in the back room, Himchan storms in looking no less than pissed off.

“That bastard still had the nerve to tell me that I didn't do it right and I need to do it again. Who does he think he is?!” Himchan asks as he storms out of the door grumbling to himself. By the time they make it to the car, Himchan has ranted and raved until he was blue in the face, almost literally, and Yongguk can't help but smile.

“What are you smiling at?” Himchan asks sending a glare his way as he unlocks his door.

“Nothing.” Yongguk says putting his things in the backseat right along with Himchan's. Himchan, for all intents and purposes, is confident but he's apparently blind to the fact that Youngjae has an obvious crush on him. Yongguk could tell as soon as he'd started working with the two that Youngjae had a crush and that he purposefully tried to get under Himchan's skin just because he knew he could.

“No, tell me.” Himchan demands and Yongguk sighs.

“You are far too smart to be this dumb.” Yongguk tells him. Himchan looks scandalized at him with his mouth gaped open.

“I am not dumb, you jerk!” Himchan says.

“Yeah, ok, sure.” Yongguk tells him as he turns on the car. Just before he closes the door he sees a pink note on the ground beneath his feet.

If kisses were raindrops, I'd send you showers.

If hugs were seconds, I'd send you hours.

If smiles were water, I'd send you the sea,

and if love were a person, I'd send you me!

~~~Daehyun. <3

“That is actually the cheesiest thing I have ever read.” Himchan says with a scowl. “I'm pretty sure you could file ual harassment for this.” Himchan says flicking at the page.

“He's harmless. He just has a little crush and it's nothing serious.” Yongguk tells Himchan with a soft smile.

“It's creepy.” Himchan tells him with his arms crossed over his chest.

“A little but in a sweet way.” Yongguk tells him folding the paper and slipping it into his back pocket. This isn't the first cheesy poem that Daehyun has given him and he doubts that it's going to be the last. When they make it home Himchan goes to the freezer and pulls out a tub of ice cream.

“Come eat ice cream with me. It'll cheer me up.” Himchan tells him. They sit on the couch side by side and shovel ice cream in their mouths as some TV show or another plays and Yongguk loves these moments with Himchan. They don't even have to talk to each other, they just have to be sitting together in silence and it can calm Himchan's frazzled nerves. After a little while, Himchan slumps against Yongguk's shoulder and Yongguk doesn't have the heart to move him so they fall asleep on their semi-comfortable couch slumped against each other.

The next couple of days go by much like they usually do; Himchan and Youngjae get into a spat about something petty (on one of the days they were actually arguing about staples), Daehyun spends far more time flirting with Yongguk thank actually working, and Yongguk smiles and let's Daehyun flirt with him but also turns down his invitations for dinner.

“You really should file ual harassment, Guk.” Himchan says thumbing the petal of one of the two dozen roses that were placed inside of Yongguk's work locker meticulously.

“This doesn't even qualify as ual harassment, Chan. Nothing about roses is ual.” Yongguk tells him as he reads over another cheesy poem that Daehyun seems fond of giving him.

“He probably has a shrine to you.” Himchan says pulling himself up on the counter.

“Shut up, Himchan.” Yongguk says rolling his eyes.

“I'm just saying he seems like the type.” Himchan says with a shrug. Yongguk punches him in the shoulder lightly and it's the last moment of peace they have for the rest of the day. It's Monday which, for whatever reason, seems to be the pharmacies busiest day. By the end of the day Yongguk is exhausted and his feet hurt and he has to deal with an overly grumpy Himchan. Just as they're about to leave, Youngjae stops them with a call of Himchan's name.

“I need to see you in my office so that we can correct your paper work. I'll even help you since you obviously need it.” Youngjae tells him before waltzing off to his office. Himchan groans and stomps his feet a little before giving Yongguk a sullen look.

“You can have the keys, I'll walk home.” Yongguk tells him handing him the keys.

“I hate my life and I'll see you when I get home.” Himchan says before turning to follow his boss into his office. Just as Yongguk is walking out the door he hears Daehyun call his name as he runs to catch up to him.

“Hey Daehyun, what's up?” Yongguk asks slowing to a stop so that the other man can get to him.

“Do you need a ride home? I saw Youngjae and Himchan in his office and I figured that since you're so nice you probably gave him the keys to your car.” Daehyun says with a wide smile. “Also I may have been eavesdropping a little.” Daehyun says sheepishly as he rubs the back of his neck. Yongguk chuckles and shakes his head a little at the younger.

“I don't want to cause you any trouble.” Yongguk tells him but Daehyun shakes his head.

“It's no trouble at all. Besides, I'd feel awful if something were to happen to you.” Daehyun says with genuine worry in his eyes.

“Alright, I guess.” Yongguk tells him. Daehyun sends him a blinding smile and leads him to his car. It's red and sort of flashy and so utterly Daehyun that Yongguk isn't sure how he'd missed it before. Daehyun looks at him curiously when he laughs and he shakes his head. “It's just that this car is just so you.” Yongguk tells him.

“You know, I hear that all the time.” Daehyun tells him. Yongguk laughs again and this time Daehyun joins him and it's a small moment, but it's a moment nonetheless. “Ok, surprisingly enough I don't know where you live so if you could just give me your address that would be great.” Daehyun tells him. Yongguk tells him his address and he puts it into his GPS and the drive is silent except for the radio playing in the background. Yongguk thinks the silence is relaxing while Daehyun thinks it's a little stifling. He's finally in close proximity with Yongguk without them being at work and he has nothing to say. They make it to Yongguk's house a lot faster than he would like and he tries to keep the disappointment off of his face as he parks the car.

“Thank you so much Daehyun! See you at work!” Yongguk says as he waves back to Daehyun. Yongguk walks into his apartment and Daehyun leaves with a small smile. A couple of hours later, when Himchan walks in looking disheveled with kiss swollen lips, Yongguk doesn't say anything, he just smirks at him knowingly.

“Shut up.” Himchan says with very little bite to his words as he makes his way to his room.

When Yongguk was about fourteen he'd started dealing with insomnia. He'd have some nights where he would sleep a couple of hours and he had some nights where he wouldn't sleep at all. It had gotten so bad that his mother had to take him to the hospital because he hadn't slept in four days. After his doctor prescribed the medicine, Yongguk and his mother went to their local pharmacy to get the pills that he would need to be able to sleep and Yongguk was immediately hooked on the idea of becoming a pharmacist. He saw them as a sort of super hero that helped people when they couldn't help themselves and that had become his dream job. And boy did he love his job. He hands another ahjumma her muscle cramp medicine and she smiles up at him gratefully and this is why he loves his job. He loves helping people when they can't help themselves.

“Hey, Yongguk hyung, have you seen Himchan?” Youngjae asks from across the counter. Yongguk nods and points to the stock room.

“Behave in there you two.” Yongguk calls out and he doesn't miss the blush on Youngjae's cheeks as he walks to the stock room. Yongguk feels a tap on his shoulder and he turns to see Daehyun there looking at the ground and holding out a cup of coffee.

“I know I'm not helping the creepy factor at all here, but I got you a coffee. Two pumps of with two sugars with whipped cream.” Daehyun tells him as he hands him the coffee. Yongguk smiles despite himself because that's actually pretty sweet.

“Thank you, Daehyun.” Yongguk tells him as he takes a sip of his coffee.

“No problem.” Daehyun says with a smile.

“So you know Youngjae pretty well right?” Yongguk asks because he's curious.

“Yeah, he's my best friend, why?” Daehyun asks leaning against the counter opposite of Yongguk.

“How long has he had a crush on Himchan?” Yongguk asks straight to the point. Daehyun's eyes widen but he knows there's no use in lying to Yongguk so he just sighs before he fesses up.

“For a couple of months now. Almost as long as I've had a crush on you.” Daehyun says boldly with his normal grin gracing his face. Yongguk rolls his eyes playfully and shakes his head.

“You want to see something funny?” Yongguk asks with a quirked brow and Daehyun regards him with intrigue.

“I'm game. What are you gonna do?” Yongguk's gummy smiles takes over half of his face and it's the actual cutest thing Daehyun has ever seen. Yongguk walks over to the counter where Daehyun is standing and motions to the bell. Daehyun moves out of his way and tries to stifle his laugh as he catches on to what Yongguk is trying to do. Suddenly Yongguk is pounding on the bell like his life depends on it and, within seconds, Youngjae and Himchan come out of the stock room looking confused and also extremely disheveled.

“Sorry, just wanted to make sure it worked.” Yongguk says with a sickly sweet smile. Himchan grabs Youngjae's sleeve and pulls him back into the store room but not without throwing an “” over his shoulder at Yongguk. Yongguk and Daehyun laugh loudly and obnoxiously but, most importantly, they laugh together. Just as they sober up and wipe the tears from their eyes, another woman comes to the counter and rings the bell timidly to ask for help. Daehyun watches as Yongguk helps the woman and sends her his charming smile and he hates that he's yet to be on the receiving end of that smile. He knows that he just needs one date and, if Yongguk doesn't like him back, he'll eventually get over it and they can move past this.

“Daehyun?” Yongguk asks tilting his head to the side.

“Hmm?” Daehyun asks focusing back on Yongguk.

“You were a little stuck in your head I guess.” Yongguk says with a shrug. Youngjae and Himchan come out of the stock room looking like they tried to fix their appearances and Yongguk rolls his eyes as he walks over to Himchan. “Seriously?” Yongguk asks with a raised brow.

“What can I say, he has a very sharp tongue.” Himchan winks and Yongguk grimaces.

“Gross.” Yongguk tells him and Himchan laughs loudly.

“So how are things with you and the lovesick puppy? Any creepy notes or dozens of flowers today?” Himchan asks using a metal shelf as a reflective surface to fix his hair.

“They're not creepy, they're sweet. And no, nothing today as far as I know.” Yongguk tells him with a shrug.

“Maybe he's done obsessing over you.” Himchan says as he straightens his lab coat and goes to help another customer.

“Maybe...” As much as Yongguk hates the fact, Himchan's words bug him for the rest of the work day and well into the middle of the night. Yongguk knows that it's selfish to want the other fawning over him, but he's gotten used to the attention and it makes him feel special. Before his head can explode from all of the possibilities of reasons that Daehyun may not be interested in him anymore, his phone vibrates beside his head.

I know this seems creepy, but I got your number from the employee work book (I was actually doing something for Youngjae I promise!) and i've been stressing about texting you all day so, sorry it's late. ~Dae

Yongguk smiles at his phone and breathes a metaphorical sigh of relief at the fact that Daehyun still likes him.

It is a little creepy, but it's cool. You could have just asked me you know? - Guk.

...That probably would have been a better idea, I just know that Himchan thinks I'm creepy so I didn't want to ask you and have you laugh in my face. ~Dae.

Yongguk smiles a little sadly at the phone because he didn't know that Daehyun knew what Himchan thought of him.

Sorry about him, he's a little...well mean tbh. - Guk.

No joke, every time I get close to you he glares at me or rolls his eyes. ~Dae

Yeah, but that's because he thinks you're a little creepy and hopeless. No offense. - Guk.

None taken. There's nothing going on between you two though is there?? ~Dae

Not even close, he's not my type and I'm not his if Youngjae is anything to go by. - Guk.

It's about time they got together, I was actually tired of hearing about Himchan all the time. ~Dae.

At least you heard good stories about Himchan. The only thing I ever heard about Youngjae was how awful he was. - Guk.

I'd rather have heard that than heard all the gross things Youngjae wanted to do to and/or with him. Youngjae is nothing but a filthy ert. ~Dae.

Hahaha I actually think you had it worse than I did. Didn't even know that was possible. - Guk.

Yongguk isn't sure what changes for him, he isn't sure what happens to him during the conversation that they carry on for the whole night, but he knows that he really wants to give Daehyun a chance. He wakes up the next morning to not one but two people in his kitchen and he's confused until Youngjae turns around and they make eye-contact. Youngjae blushes and looks down and Yongguk just stares at the scene in front of him with narrowed eyes.

“I didn't hear your door shut last night which means that you two did it on my couch.” Yongguk says. Himchan turns around and sends him a wink and Yongguk fake gags. “I bought that couch and you guys just violated it.” Yongguk tells them as he pushes past Himchan to grab a muffin.

“It's not that big a deal. Just be glad we didn't break it.” Himchan tells him.

“Gross. I'm going to work, I'll see you two later.” Yongguk tells them.

“Don't you need a ride?” Himchan asks him tilting his head.

“Nah, I got one. Thanks though!” Yongguk says before promptly rushing out the door before they can ask him anymore questions. When he gets outside Daehyun is already waiting for him and he smiles as he gets in the passenger side. “Youngjae and Himchan are gonna be late to work today.” Yongguk tells him as he buckles his seat belt.

“How do you know?” Daehyun asks him as he puts the car into drive.

“Because they're standing in my kitchen in their underwear.” Yongguk tells him and he laughs and shakes his head.

“Of course they are.” Daehyun says around a laugh. When they pull into the parking lot Daehyun turns off the car and turns to face Yongguk. “I know you're probably gonna say no, but I still would love to take you out and I know that you're still –” Yongguk cuts Daehyun off with a sweet kiss and Daehyun's eyes go wide for a second before he closes them and kisses Yongguk back.

“I'd love to go on a date with you Daehyun.” Yongguk says when they finally pull away from each other.

“Oh. Oh, ok. Really?” Daehyun asks still feeling a little dazed. Yongguk chuckles and nods his head.

“Yes, really.” Yongguk tells him.

“Can I kiss you again?” Daehyun asks and Yongguk nods and leans into him. They kiss for what feels like an eternity and they only pull away when they hear a loud rapping on the window. Yongguk startles and turns toward the window to see Himchan with a too-wide grin.

“It's about time.” Himchan tells him and he flips him off with a smile while Himchan laughs loudly and obnoxiously.

“He's right, you know?” Daehyun asks and Yongguk rolls his eyes.

“Shut up, let's just go to work.” Yongguk tells him as he goes to get out of the car.

(The teasing that they receive from their co-workers is relentless but the date that they go on after work makes it all worth it.)

A/N: So this is probably not what the prompter wanted and I'm so, so, so sorry, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway! And Himjae just kinda squeezed themselves in there tbh because that was not planned at all. Comments are greatly appreciated and I hope you guys liked it!