Coincidental (Part 1)

Ricsyung's Dribbles 2

On the other side of world in Seoul, two men hangout by the Han River. The taller man among them were walking towards the riverside and dropped a bottle into the river. Inside the bottle was a piece of paper and he watched it drifted together with water.

'Please... I just need someone to talk to' he prayed inside his heart, hoping that someone grabbed the bottle and replied it.

'Eric-ah, let's go' another man who was leaning against the BMW I8 looked at his friend. He didn't even know why Eric would call him in the middle of the night just to go to Han River.

'Coming, Minwoo' he stood up slowly and walked towards his friend.

Minwoo raised his eyebrows and asked, 'Did you just did what I think you did?' 

Eric rolled his eyes and got inside his car without saying anything.

'I wasn't littering. I was just hoping that someone would get my letter. I want someone to personally know the real me as Mun Junghyuk' he explained.

Being Eric Mun was hard for him. People chasing him, people kissing his ass, people wanting to be with him just because of his looks and wealth. He was tired of it. He hoped he was reborn and lived a normal life. 

Is it so wrong to ask for a simple wish?

Minwoo who had been his best friend since God knows how long understood his complicated problem. Sure, the older guy had been in a few relationships before but that wasn't love. It was just merely likeness. 

Throughout his whole life, Eric was lonely. Everytime he saw couples clinging onto each other, he felt a pang in his heart. And now, he didn't think he had time to date seeing that he was busy with his job.

'Geez, Eric... You don't have to do something like this. That's extreme!' Minwoo jokingly said in horror.

'One more word or you'll find yourself drowning in that river' Eric glared at him making Minwoo to shut his mouth up.

X

It had been a routine for a young handsome boy to jog around his house area every morning. His house and Han River weren't that far, so he straightaway went to the said river. As he was jogging, he saw a bottle at the riverside. Usually, he would just ignored it but the paper inside the bottle made him attracted to it. Then he remembered what his parents always told him.

'Hyesung-ah, never take things that you found on the streets. It could be dangerous' 

But the young guy just shrugged his shoulder and for once, he decided to break the rule. He took the bottle and took the paper inside it.

*Hi, stranger! ^^ if you're reading this, please read everything first before you want to throw it away. You see, I just want to talk to someone and don't worry, I have no bad intentions at all! If you decide you want to talk to me, please add me on Kakao : Kitty_Hello P/S : I'll be waiting :)*

Hyesung laughed out loud when he read that. Does this person doesn't have friends or something? He knew he should throw away the paper because he might a bad person. But deep inside Hyesung's mind, he wanted to have some chat with this person. Who knows if he/her was a good person to talk to.

He took out his phone and added the person using his username : Jung_Kyo.

*Hi, I found your bottle at Han River. You wanted someone to talk to, right. I hope I could be that someone ^^*

A minute later, Hyesung received a text back and he laughed harder.

*Omg, someone replied! Hello!! I still cannot believe that you would reply. Just so you know, despite my username, I'm a guy but you don't have to feel scared :)*

*Nah, just chill. I'm a guy too lol*

That was the start of a friendship between Hello_Kitty and Jung_Kyo without them knowing each other's real identity.

XXX

The DJ mixes was heard throughout the Play Club and the DJ in-charge was having the time of his life playing with his 'boys'. He spun the tune and when the beat dropped, everyone was dancing more wildly. It wasn't his first time working with the club but that didn't mean it was his permanent workplace. It was 2 o'clock and it was time for the DJ to go home because he was getting sleepy due to his lack of sleep the day before.

When he was about to exit the club, he heard some noises. He turned his head just to see some guys pestering a guy who was sitting alone at a table. The guy's expression made it obvious that he didn't like the disturbance, usually the DJ would just go but maybe he was in a good mood that night that he decided to help the poor guy. He walked towards the guys and pulled the guy away from them.

'I'm sorry, guys but this guy is with me and we're leaving now' the DJ said with his hands grabbing the guy's. When they turned into the corridor, he released his hands before apologising.

'I'm sorry for my sudden rudeness. I hope that you're fine' he smiled at him.

There was a huge relieved on his face and he smiled widely at him, 'No, it's fine. I'm really grateful for what you did earlier'

'I hope that you're not alone in this kind of place. The people here are quite aggressive' he advised.

'No, I'm with my friends. Thanks for your words tho'

'No prob. If you want to try other clubs, you should try the Roof. It's a nice club' he recommended his friend's club.

'Sure! I'll tell my friends about it. Thanks' he smiled again.

The DJ nodded, 'Nah, it's nothing... I guess I have to make my move now, see you around' he waved his hands.

'Yeah, goodbye' he waved his hands back to him.

After he walked out from the club, he didn't go straight to his apartment, instead he went to his friend's club. He rode his motorbike to go there. As soon as he entered, he saw the owner of the club DJ-ing and the owner's boyfriend who was sitting at the bar. 

'Yo!' the boyfriend greeted when he saw the DJ.

'What are you doing here? Don't you have practice tomorrow?' he raised his eyebrows.

'I have a day-off. What about you? Weren't you from the Play?'

'Yeah, I left early. My work there was done' he replied after he ordered his drinks.

'Are you going to stay here?' 

'Nah, I'm going after I finish this drinks. I'm sleepy'

The boyfriend scoffed, 'What kind of DJ that sleeps early?'

'DJ Eric...?' he said in sarcasm.

'Sure, sure... Whatever' he rolled his eyes. While chilling at the bar, he took out his phone and contemplating if he should text his online friend or not. It's been a few months since they've been online friends and he was enjoying the friendship he made because he felt like he can be himself without revealing his true identity. 

*Hey, I know that you might be sleeping but I just want to say hi :)* he texted knowing that his friend usually slept early. Like him.

*Hi!! Why are you still awake?*

The DJ didn't expect any reply but when he did, a smile crept on his face.

*Just finished working, heading home now. What about you? Don't you always sleep early?*

*My friends dragged me to a place and honestly all I want to do now is to go back home and sleep*

'Yah, Minwoo! I'm going home now, bye' he shook hands with him.

'Hmm, okay... See you, Eric' he smiled while waving his hands.

Before Eric left, he made an eye contact with the DJ and coincidentally, he looked at Eric too and waved his hands.

*You can just leave now* he replied before riding his motorbike. He checked his phone again after he got back home.

*I want to but it's my friend's birthday:(*

*Aww, poor you. Have fun! *smirking widely**

While waiting for his friend's text, he took the chance to take a shower.

*Whatever... *rolling my eyes* Are you going to bed now?*

*Later, after I check my emails. Why?*

*Nothing, I thought that you can accompany me because I'm alone right now*

*Sure, I can accompany you!*

*Really? :)*

*Yeah :)*

So the whole night, Eric texted his friend. Even though they've been contacting each other, they never talked on the phone before because they promised each other before they decided to be friends. But deep down inside his heart, he wanted to talk to his friend for once but he was too shy to tell him. It was Eric who slept first and when he woke up the next day, he received a text.

*Hey, are you asleep? :(*

*I guess that you are*

*Thanks for accompany me. Goodnight :D*

*Hey, sorry for falling asleep. But I hope that you got back early last night*

XXX

'I'm going to SHW Company now to discuss Lee Minwoo's latest music video' the film director announced before he went out. He received a call from his CEO that the top star wanted him to direct his music video and when he received the news, he was thrilled.

'Okay, bye Hyesung!' Hyesung's co-worker waved her hands proudly.

(SHW Company)

Before Hyesung went to meet Minwoo, he received a text from Kitty_Hello.

*Good luck for today!! :)*

Hyesung's nervousness reduced when he received it as he told the guy that he was too nervous to meet a client, not to mention a very famous client. He never expected that the company was so big that he eventually got lost inside there. He stood in front of the directory but still couldn't figure it out.

'Can I help you?' someone suddenly said.

Hyesung blinked his eyes and looked beside him. 

'If you're free... I want to go to Virgo Room but I don't know what floor it is' he chuckled awkwardly.

'Ahh, you want to see Minwoo is it' he replied in understanding, indicated that he was someone a close friend to the superstar.

'The room is on the fifth floor. The last room on your right' he smiled while explaining the way.

Hyesung grinned widely and thanked him, 'Thank you so much. Hmm, do you work here?'

He nodded, 'Yeah, I'm one of the behind the scene crew' he said.

'Oh... Anyways, thanks again for your help. I've got to go now' Hyesung bowed once again before leaving. The guy waved his hands as he watched Hyesung left. 

'Where did I see him before?' Hyesung mumbled alone. He just shrugged it off and went to the respective room.

Knock... Knock... Knock...

'Hello, sorry I'm late. I couldn't find this room' Hyesung apologised when he saw Minwoo sitting at the chair while playing with his phone. 

Minwoo looked up and gave a big smile at him, 'It's okay, I was meeting with my friend'

Hyesung : I wonder if his friend was that guy...

'Ah I see... Shall we start now?' Hyesung continued.

'Okay' he nodded in agreement. That day, they spent their day talking about each other's ideas and fortunately, Minwoo was very content with the way Hyesung thought, very creative and open. 

'Junjin was right! You are the real deal in the business!' Minwoo praised as he mentioned his friend who used to work with Hyesung.

'Eh, you know Junjin too?!' Hyesung looked shock.

'Yeah, he's my friend when I first started becoming a singer'

'Oh, he didn't tell me about that. He's actually my cousin!' Hyesung said proudly.

And that was how Hyesung and Minwoo became closer and they mentioned briefly about the Jindy couple. They also promised to see each other for another meeting regarding Minwoo's music shoot.

After Hyesung got back home, he received a text from Kitty_Hello.

*Hello! ^^ So, how was your meeting with your client? Did it go well?*

*It was! Surprisingly, we became friends and I don't feel awkward with him :)* he replied as he once told him about his awkwardness with people.

*Well, I'm glad to hear that*

*What about you? 

XXX

'Yah, Eric!' 

A sudden loud voice was heard when the said guy picked up his phone.

'What do you want, Minwoo?' he replied calmly but annoyed.

'Come to the set now' 

'I'm busy'

'Don't lie. I bet you're at the studio just playing with the DJ mixer' he said.

'Still busy' he shrugged his shoulder.

'Yah, I'm serious! Help me' Minwoo rolled his eyes.

'What?'

'Can I borrow your DJ mixer please..?' 

There was a hesitation in Minwoo's voice and yet he gave the sweetest softest voice. He knew how Eric treasured his mixer and the last time Minwoo borrowed the mixer was a few years ago. That time he had to sponsor Eric to go abroad for a short vacation. Pretty hard right..?

'No. Bye, Minwoo' he said directly causing Minwoo to hurriedly said, 'No,  I wait! Come on, Eric... The one that we have on the set broke and it's the same brand as yours'

'No, it's not!' Eric replied defensively. The one that he had was much more advanced and cooler.

'Sorry, sorry... Yours is so much better. That's why I want to borrow yours. Please...' Minwoo tried to be extra patient when handling Eric's bitchy attitude. If not, he won't get what he wanted.

'But I don't trust people with my mixer other than Dongwan' 

'Then, you come and play' he suggested.

'No, I don't want to be in that video'

'Then you won't. I'll make sure of that' Minwoo said firmly. There was silence on the phone and later, Eric finally agreed.

'Fine, I'll be there in 10' he said after sighing.

Minwoo cheered mentally, 'Thanks, Eric. I owe you one' he smiled widely.

'Sponsor me the beef that I like for a month' he said before hanging up.

Minwoo felt like knocking his head on the wall when he accidentally mentioned it. The worse thing was the beef that Eric liked was one of the high-class beef.

'Araso...' he said sadly. After hanging up, Minwoo went to Hyesung who was waiting for him inside the warehouse that they were going to film.

'So..?' Hyesung asked when Minwoo came back.

'It can be done but only with one condition' he smiled awkwardly.

'What is it?' Hyesung looked anxious, he worried that the condition was hard to be done.

'My friend is going to lend his mixer' he announced causing Hyesung to smile.

'And he might be in the video because he doesn't trust anyone with his mixer'

'Okay...' Hyesung nodded in understanding.

'But he didn't want to show his presence in the video' Minwoo finally said the truth along with a sigh.

'Excuse me..?' Hyesung didn't seem to understand.

'Is it possible that you can make him invisible in the video..?' Minwoo smiled nervously.

Hyesung thought about it for awhile before answering, 'Can we put like a mask on him? Because if we want to make him invisible, it would affect the quality of the video' 

'Can can! I'm sure he would agree to anything as long as his face isn't going to be shown'

'May I ask something..?' 

'Sure' he smiled.

'Is he shy that he doesn't want to be filmed?'

'Rather than shy, he just doesn't like to be anywhere near the camera or the industry. Even though, he has an excellent talent to contribute to the music world' Minwoo smiled proudly when he thought about his friend.

'Is he that good?' Hyesung seemed amuse.

'Really good that you want him alone' he chuckled.

As if on the cue, Minwoo received a call from the said friend.

'Hey, Eric! You're here already?' Minwoo said when he picked up the call. He gestured to Hyesung that he would go outside and checked for his friend.

'Yeah, I'm here. Get your ass out here' he ordered.

'Yeah, yeah, I'm coming now' he said hurriedly and saw Eric who was waiting inside the car. When he saw Minwoo, he got out to shake hands with the shorter guy.

'What took you so long?' Minwoo asked.

'I was still contemplating whether I should come or not' he shrugged t shoulder as he took his mixer out from his car.

'I'm happy that you came' he smiled.

'I came only for the beef' he joked while smirking causing Minwoo to roll his eyes.

'Let's go, I want to introduce you to the music director. He's a cool person! Same age as you' Minwoo said excitedly.

Eric just let Minwoo dragged him and unknowing the reason, his heart thumped when he saw a guy discussing some stuffs with people in front of the computer.

'Let's reshoot this with a different angle...'

'Hyesung!' Minwoo called.

Hyesung looked up and saw Minwoo who was running slowly towards him. He noticed someone who Minwoo dragged along and automatically a shy smile was plastered on his face. 

'Hello, is this the friend that you were talking about?' Hyesung asked while looking at Eric.

'Yeah, this is Eric!' Minwoo introduced the older guy to the director.

'I remember you... We met briefly at the lobby right' Eric smiled while shaking hands with Hyesung.

Hyesung sighed in relieved mentally when he got the correct guy. It would be shameful if it was a wrong guy. Even though it had been a few weeks, Hyesung could remember Eric's face perfectly and so did Eric. The exotic features and the simple clothes that Eric was wearing yet he looked so good in it. The pretty features and the journalist look that Hyesung was pulling off made Eric remembered him.

'Yeah, thanks again though' he smiled back.

'So, what should I do? I hope that Minwoo told you about me not wanting to be in the video' he made it clear again.

Hyesung nodded in understanding, 'Yes, of course. What about you wearing a mask? Like Prime?' he suggested.

'Good idea... But how are we going to get the mask?'

'Hold on... Mina' Hyesung called one of the stylists.

'Yes?' she smiled sweetly at him.

'Do we have any masks?'

'What kind of masks?'

'Like animal masks..?'

Mina thought about it for awhile before smiling apologetically, 'Sorrt, Hyesung-sshi. We don't but we do have the kind of masks like masquerade ball'

Hyesung looked at Eric and asked, 'Is that okay...?' 

Eric just shrugged his shoulder, 'Sure, that sounds okay' 

Minwoo who didn't say a word spoke, 'But can you please change your clothes? I don't want you to ruin my music video' he said.

Eric just grinned and gave a salute, 'Yes, boss... Anything for my beef'

Minwoo rolled his eyes when Eric left with Mina.

'Beef..?' Hyesung asked as he didn't understand.

'He wanted beef if I want his help. And unfortunately he would be getting it for a month'

'A month?!' Hyesung's eyes widen.

'It's better than a trip to Japan' he sighed.

Hyesung couldn't believe his ears, 'Woah, is he serious?'

'Damn serious' Minwoo said annoyed.

After waiting for Eric to get changed, Minwoo and Hyesung discussed about the next part of film and they let Eric setting up his mixer as he already told them not to let anyone touch his toys.

'What song is this for?' Eric asked.

'Toxic' Minwoo replied.

A smirk appeared on Eric's face when he heard that. There was a debate between them on what song to choose for Minwoo's main song and finally, he won. Again.

'Are you ready?' Hyesung said out loud to those who were on the set. Receiving an OK sign from Minwoo, Hyesung gave a cue. Everything was perfect and most astounding was Eric's part. He played his mixer so well and looked so natural. It was like Hyesung just found a hidden gem.

'So, how was it?' Minwoo asked after Hyesung said cut.

'It was perfect!' Hyesung said happily and he showed Minwoo the shots of the film.

'Yah~ This is so cool and look at Eric... Eric!' Minwoo called when he saw Eric walking towards them.

'What?' Eric stood beside Hyesung and leaned closer to see the recordings.

'You looked better compared to when you play in the clubs' Minwoo praised.

'Because clubs are a dark place' he explained.

'So you're a DJ?' Hyesung assumed.

'Part-time, if I feel like it. I'm not a night person' Eric said.

'This guy can only be awake until 2' Minwoo made fun of his friend.

'Yah, there's nothing wrong with it!' Eric hit him.

'It's nothing wrong with that. I sleep early' Hyesung interrupted with a smile.

'See! He sleeps early' Eric rolled his eyes. After his job was done, Eric excused himself.

'It was nice to meet you, Hyesung. Hope to see you again' Eric smiled at him before leaving.

A shy smile crept on his face, 'Yeah, me too. Drive safe, Eric and thanks for today'

Eric waved his hands causally, 'It's fine, plus Minwoo is buying me beef' he grinned.

'Alright, but don't eat too often' he advised the taller guy.

'Let's just hope' he playfully winked.

(That night)

Before going to sleep, Eric texted his 'pen pal' as it felt he hadn't texted him in awhile.

*Hey, what are you doing? Are you busy?*

*Hi! :) Nah, I just got back home. It was a tiring day today. There was something wrong at my workplace but luckily someone came and helped!*

*Was it bad..?*

*No but if the guy didn't come, I postpone my work :( Anyway, how was your day?*

*Nothing special but I went out from my office because of work. Which was something I rarely did but it was fun!*

They texted until Eric's friend excused himself to go to sleep because he was too tired. Of course, he promised to text Eric the next day which he did.