Sunshine

To the Moon and Back

01.

It was three in the morning, the thirteenth of May, and the world deprived of its usual commotion. Jimin felt a shuffling of his blankets and his tired eyes landed on a disheveled Jeongguk crawling into his bed. The younger boy settled next to Jimin and wrapped an arm around the older, snuggling into his muscular chest with closed eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jimin teased, his voice husky from being awakened.

"Sleeping," Jeongguk mumbled, voice heavy with sleep. Jimin grinned at the brown-haired teenager, albeit annoyed from being disturbed from his blurry slumber, and kissed his forehead before drifting off into a sweet, dreamless sleep.

-

Hours later, Jimin wakes to gentle taps on his cheek and focuses on Jeongguk straddling his waist with a cheeky smile and shining irises. He mimes the smile with a hint of sarcasm before pushing the younger onto the bed beside him playfully. Jeongguk lets out a high-pitched squeal before clasping a hand over his mouth in horror. Jimin takes it upon himself to make fun of the maknae for the following minutes, mocking dolphin noises coming from his lips before Jeongguk cuffs his head gently while laughing uncontrollably.

"We should go get ready, hyung," Jeongguk gasps from his oxygen deprivation while wiping unshed tears of joy from his eyes.

"Go where?" Jimin blinks innocently, taking advantage of the younger's look of astonishment clouding his features to reach over and tickle his sides. Jeongguk collapses in a heap of giggles and bites his lower lip to refrain from further breakdown.

"Jejudo, remember, hyung? We're going to Jejudo today!" Jeongguk whines in crystal excitement while dragging himself off the cozy bed to get dressed.

-

Due to a secret schedule, BTS was dressed in casual wear and awaiting the announcement for the start of boarding. Jeongguk had sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose and Jimin pulled a snapback over his eyes to avoid being recognized. The former rested his head on the shoulder of the latter, pressing his cheek against it as he found the feeling of the older boy's muscles rippling under the surface strangely comforting. Jeongguk eventually dozed off as Jimin continued to fidget with his handheld video game. As the intercom buzzed to life to welcome business class onto the airplane, he pressed a soft kiss onto Jeongguk's forehead after sweeping his bangs to the side. He felt the younger shifting from the physical contact, and with droopy eyes Jeongguk returned a small peck onto Jimin's button nose before rising to join the lengthy line forming.

-

"We're here!" Jeongguk shouted, cutting through the chilly air with airplane arms stretched while running in dizzy circles.

"Jeon Jeongguk, you look absolutely absurd!" Jimin laughed, but didn't hesitate to join the other in the act of pretend flying. Jeongguk began to make odd motor sounds with his lips and proceeded to collide with Jimin, and the two rolled onto the sand giggling.

"I love you, Jeon Jeongguk," Jimin mumbled as he captured the younger's lips in a kiss, head high in the clouds. They were taking a huge risk, exposed outside showing intimate affection where anyone could analyze their faces and report on SNS. However, the adrenaline rushing through his veins must have affected his brain as well, for his thoughts were severely incoherent.

"I love you more, Park Jimin. Hyung." Jeongguk grinned toothily, ruffling the brunette's hair from its already messy state.

"Get your asses over here, the food arrived!" Namjoon's voice delivered straight to their ears, and they exchanged mischievous glances before beginning a silent competition of who-can-run-faster-to-the-food.