Notice

Just Friends

Seokmin likes Soonyoung.

He realized a long time ago, and accepted immidiately. After all the time they had spent together, it would be lying if Seokmin said he didn't feel anything. He felt everything. Every single time he's happy, it's always somehow related to Soonyoung. He'll be satisfied just by talking with Soonyoung. He would enjoy any activity if there's Soonyoung in it. He knew he fell hard for Soonyoung.

The problem is, Soonyoung doesn't like him.

Or maybe he does. Seokmin doesn't know! The elder did the accurate amount of skinship that left Seokmin ing confused of his feelings. Not too little, but not too much. Just enough to make Seokmin fall for him, but not enough to convince Seokmin his feelings are reciprocated. Just the correct amount to make Seokmin ing confused.

Soonyoung would stay with Seokmin during his practices, but then ditched him for another member. Would accompany Seokmin to the market, but then spend his time with Minghao back at the dorm. This kind of acts drove Seokmin crazy. But hey! he's so desperate for the elder's attention that he would tolerate anything as long as Soonyoung cares for him. Or pretends to care, anything works, really.

But it has been over 2 years now, and Seokmin deserves an award for all of his toleration trying not to punch the guys who has hugged Soonyoung. Or practically did any kind of skinship with Soonyoung. (Seokmin is secretly very possesive)

Another thing he has had enough of is his label. Or what Soonyoung always calls him. A friend. A fellow trainee who he's very comfortable with. Everytime they would be a little bit more intimate, one of their bandmates would joke about how they look like a couple. And without fail, Soonyoung would always defend himslef with the same answer, that dull, tedious, monotonous word that Seokmin hates very much fom the bottom of his heart, "Just Friends."

Well . That. .

He has had enough of this stupid repetitive cycle where it always ends up with his heart breaking into tiny little fluffy pieces. He has had enough of the jealousy he felt even though he's not even Soonyoung's boyfriend. Enough of Soonyoung's confusing actions. Enough of the butterflies wiggling inside of his stomach everytime Soonyoung smiles at him. Just. Enough.

Giving up on Soonyoung is very tempting to Seokmin at some point. Heck he even wished he was able to give up on Soonyoung. Then again, everytime he tries to, the elder would somehow make Seokmin fall for him even deeper. After some time, Seokmin realized there's no such thing as moving on when the subject of his affection is his bandmate in which he lives together with and see everyday. Sometimes Seokmin questions his choices in life.

For now, he'll just settle with his feelings. He doesn't even know if he still hopes for the elder to return his feelings. He'll try to surpress his intention on killing other people that's close with Soonyoung. Maybe he should be distant with Soonyoung for a while. You know, just to sort out his feelings. 

 

Seokmin nodded to himself as the thought of avoiding Soonyoung for a while came to his mind. He doesn't know what the elder feels, sometimes he doesn't even know what he feels for Soonyoung. Maybe putting it aside for some time will help.

"Guys! Practice's over for tonight, good job!" Seungcheol shouted to all the members.

All the members sighed in relief. They were still promoting "Mansae" and they have to go on a stage tomorrow, hence the all-night practice.They've been practicing for hours and all the members are hungry. They ate supper, but after the practice, they can't help but feel hungry again.

"I'm starving and i know you guys are too so let's just decide who will go to the convenience store." The diva Boo Seungkwan spoke up.

"Last time was Jun, right? So now it's Soonyoung." Junghan looked at Soonyoung and the latter nodded. "Anyone wants to accompany Soonyoung?"

At this time, Seokmin would usually volunteer. But he's doing his experiment which is 'avoiding Soonyoung for a while' right now so he decided to shut up.

Most members turned their heads to Seokmin. "Seokmin? Do you want to help Soonyoung?"

Seokmin met Jisoo's gaze and answered, "Uh, no. I really think I should take a shower right now, i stink."

Well, that's a surprise. The members thought Seokmin would say yes, because that's what he always does. Always with Soonyoung.

Jisoo decided to break the silence. "So, any other volunteers? Chan?"

The maknae looked up from his phone, "Sure, i guess."

"Well, okay then. Soonyoung and Chan will go to the convenience store. I'll write down what you want so tell me. Seungcheol hyung first!" Junghan shouted.

After Junghan had all the member's request he gave it to Soonyoung and the couple went out. All the members went to do their business and so does Seokmin.

Without Seokmin knowing, other members knew something is going on inside Seokmin's head (i wrote this before "Inside Out" came out yo).

 

---

 

The week continued like usual. The band being busy with their schedule, going to fansigns and interviews not to mention practicing for their performance. Everything is normal except for Seokmin. Others have noticed how he talks less with Soonyoung, only talking to him when it's extremely necessary. Seokmin even purposely sit in front to avoid Soonyoung, they usually sit at the back of the van together. Seokmin doesn't sit beside Soonyoung at fansigns anymore, and talked less at the van.

Their bandmates worry about this, of course. They didn't want something like this to break their group. But honestly, they can't help if they didn't even know what's the problem between them. Mingyu is pretty close with Seokmin but he claims that Seokmin didn't tell him anything. None of them knew what happened to Seokmin. 

Soonyoung on the other hand, looked fine. Well, fake fine. His bandmates notice how most of his smiles are forced now, Soonyoung doesn't laugh anymore and no more jokes came from him. So to say, it was a rough week for Seventeen. 

And it went on for another couple of weeks. It was pretty much hell by then.

Everytime Seventeen was in their waiting room or van or anywhere they're alone, it was pure silence. 13 people are together but no sound was produced. Seokmin and Soonyoung being the main clowns in the band is now not talking. And now it is just silence.

Even the usually chatty Seungkwan shut up. He felt awkward only talking alone. So the members opted to play with their phones to kill time. Unless for those who are in a relationship, like Jisoo and Junghan, they used the time to spend it hugging and talking with each other. It was getting very unbearable and the members are about to lose their minds.

 

---

 

It was a normal night filled with all-night practice and songwriting. They just finished practicing their choreo and were about to go back to their dorm. When the leader decided it was time to stop this childish fight.

All the members have exited the dance practice room except for Soonyoung and Seokmin. And Seungcheol spoke up.

"The members have had enough of this. The both of you are not allowed to leave this room before you sort out this, this.. conflict! Or whatever the hell you're going through." The sound of the door locking followed short after.

Seokmin glanced at Soonyoung. His experiment have been going on for almost 3 weeks now. And he doesn't think it was a success. He still likes Soonyoung. Even though there was no interaction between them, just looking at Soonyoung made him happy. So to say, it was a failure. He thinks it's fine though, he didn't expect to move on from Soonyoung that fast.

Looking at the elder now, his heart hurts seeing Soonyoung down like that. He doesn't know why, he didn't offend the elder in any way. Did someone hurt Soonyoung? It better not be that or he might have to hurt someone. But he felt bad ignoring him for a long time. There were many times where he wanted to give up on his own stupid projecs but noo he decided to continue just because of his stubborn mind.

The silence was getting suffocating so Seokmin decided to say the words he kept on repeating inside his mind whenever he thinks of Soonyoung.

 

"I'm.. I'm sorry." before Seokmin could say anything the elder beat him to it. 

"I-i did something wrong, didn't i? Even though i don't know what I did i hope you forgive me and-and I'm sorry." Soonyoung managed to talk even though his voice cracked.

Seokmin was shocked. He wasn't expecting Soonyoung to apoligize. If anyone should apologize, it should be him. "No, you.. you didn't do anything, hyung." Seokmin blurted.

Soonyoung was in the verge of breaking down but he tried to keep his composure. "Th-then, why are you av-avoiding m-me? You don't ta-talk to me anymore and i.. i miss you."

Shocked is an understatement of what Seokmin is feeling right now. He doesn't know what to think anymore. He never imagined this to happen. Seokmin turned his head to see Soonyoung and the sight before him was devastating.

Soonyoung was crying. Tears flowing non-stop from his eyes and onto his rosy cheeks. When Soonyoung's gaze met with Seokmin's, the elder immidiately covered his face with his hands. A whisper of "Don't look at me." blurted out of his mouth and Soonyoung pouted. The sight would have been adorable if Soonyoung wasn't crying.

"You missed me?" Seokmin said as he removed Soonyoung'hands from his face.

Soonyoung blushed a darker shade of red. "Y-yeah."

"Why?"

"Be-because.. i-i-uh, like.. you--" Soonyoung didn't get to finish his sentence because a pair of soft lips met his. 

Soonyoung's originally slanted eyes enlarged. The kiss wasn't a soft peck. It was way more than that. Seokmin Soonyoung's lower lip and got a moan from the elder which he used the chance to explore Soonyoung's mouth. His arms was on both of Soonyoung's side, resting against the mirror. And Soonyoung's hands was on top of Seokmin's chest.

Seokmin tilted his head where he got a better angle to deepen their kiss. Soonyoung's hands moved to circle Seokmin's neck as he pulls Seokmin closer. Seokmin wasn't any different as he draped his arms around Soonyoung's waist and pulled the elder closer to himself. The room was filled with moans and slurps.

It wasn't a lustfull kiss. Even though they're kissing passionately, the kiss was filled with longing and affection. They stopped kissing to catch their breaths as the kiss was pretty much blocking all the air. 

Heavy breaths filled the air between their swollen lips and somehow Seokmin's head thought this was the best time to confess.

"I like you too." He said between breaths.

"For a long time now. But you weren't showing any signs of liking me back so i avoided you, trying to move on from you. But it was a stupid decision. I should have kissed you instead." Seokmin ended with a smirk.

"Stupid." and Soonyoung pouted.

Seokmin pecked Soonyoung's lips again, and laughed at the way Soonyoung blushed again. They were just so lost in eah other's eyes, no sounds just loving gazes full of feelings they have kept for a long time. Words really aren't necessary when their eyes did all the expressing.

 

"Soonyoung-hyung?"

"Hm?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"...."

"...."

"Do you really need to ask me that?"

"Yes, because I need to ask for permission to kiss you whenever and wherever I want."

"........ stop that."

"Hahah how could your cheeks still can get redder?"

"Cheesy ."

"Your ."

 

Seokmin and Soonyoung stayed there just hugging and enjoying each other's company. Safe to say, at least they get a happy ending.

 

 

 

Suddenly they heard the sound of the door opening. 

"FINALLY! All the tension was killing me, you guys. Now let's go back before you end up making out in here. Keep in mind that we dance here, go get a room." Seungcheol poked his head from the door and cringe at the sight before him (he wants Jihoon to get close to him like that too).

 


SO SORRY TO THOSE WHO SAW THE UNFINISHED CHAPTER!!! I forgot to check the 'Hide Chapter' box and it got updated... it wasn't supposed to :"(

FINALLY DONE YOU GUYS :D

When i almost finished the chapter, my mother sent me to my grandmother's house to take care of her. I intended to update after I help my grandmother, but the Wi-Fi was broken there :'(

So sorry for the long update ;_; I knew the story was going to be very long but i don't want to divide it to 2 parts.

I almost abandoned this because most of my fanfics are like that. First i got an inspiration and imagined how it would be like in my mind, then I published the description to AFF and start to write the chapter, but my mother (told me to go sleep) and wi-fi would block me sometimes and by the time i got time to update, I already lost the feels for the fanfic :'(

But i want to thank my readers so much that I just had to update this for you guys. Thank you so much for the upvotes, subscribes, and comments <33

I'll be updating "The Question" soon, so please wait for it! 

Did anyone love EXO's comeback??? I love Kyungsoo and Minseok so much omg (this was for the cmb/lmr comeback)

Updated 19/06 : I came back to this acc this morning and there were notifs for a new comment so i checked this out again and re-read it. I realized there were a lot of typos, weird sentences and grammar minstakes so i fixed it. 

BTW, HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN MONSTER AND LUCKY ONE? SO GOOD OMG I AM SCREAMING AND SLAMMING TABLES DJSJDWJHSAOPAPI

 

hiddensoo