False Hopes

My Unjealous Boyfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyungsoo?" I whispered under my breath hopefully. Could it be that he had chased after me to apologise? After all, he was my boyfriend.

My jaw dropped when I saw who had stepped out of the car.

"Heeyeon?" Came the familiar voice and my eyes registered the tall, lithe figure and the distinctive facial features in the street light.

"Jongin?" My eyes widened and immediately, I looked down at my outfit in horror. This was not happening...

"Surprise," Jongin smiled, closing the car door with a resounding smooth click. He was wearing only a hoodie and sweatpants, but somehow with his fit body, the outfit made him look like an Abercrombie model. My past affections rushed over me and I felt myself blush. "Happy birthday, Heeyeon!"

"What are you doing here?" Was the first thing I blurted out. Way to go, Heeyeon.

"Well, I was driving around the area and you were taking way too long to reply me so..." Jongin gave a small pout, which looked absolutely adorable on him. 

To my utter embarrassment, I felt my eyes well up with tears. This was like out of the scene of a cheesily bad Korean drama and I should rush into his arms and hug him... except he wasn't my boyfriend. 

"Heeyeon, are you okay?" Jongin stepped towards me, shocked when he saw the tears in my eyes.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo's face popped into my mind unceremoniously. I bristled, blinking my tears away. I shouldn't lead Jongin on. No matter how much I want to. I already said yes to Kyungsoo and I'm his girlfriend. I shouldn't let another man comfort me when I'm down.

"Yeah, yeah I am." I forced a sunny smile on, ignoring the fact that I probably seemed like a mad woman. "I actually need to run off... My family wants to cut the cake for me before midnight." I gestured towards the direction of my house. I'll probably regret this.

This was probably the first time someone so sweet and handsome like Jongin had been rejected and the sad, kicked puppy-expression on his face made my heart jolt.

"Ah, okay." He immediately gave me a bright, charming smile again and opened the shotgun car door. "I'll send you back then."

I gulped, finding myself nodding. Getting a ride back in Jongin's car... I would have done anything for this moment a year ago.

"So, how did you spend your birthday today?" Jongin asked, shooting me a warm smile.

I felt myself start to disintegrate from within again when I thought about Kyungsoo. "It was... just another day." I chuckled weakly. "Nothing special." Weirdly enough, I found myself wishing he would drive faster. Somehow, even though Jongin was attractive, it reminded me why we couldn't work out- being with him was intimidating. He was so perfect. He gave me butterflies in my stomach- the sort that made me heave a sigh of relief when I was alone again. I couldn't give him perfect answers because compared to him, my entire being was dull. Even my relationship was lacking.

"Aw, don't say that. I'm sure you must have had a good time." Jongin beamed, sending tingles down my spine- something I never felt with Kyungsoo, whom I was so comfortable with. See what I mean? "Oh, we're here." Did my eyes see wrongly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter