Weak | Explanation

A heart can change

Chapter 4

B.I’s POV

I walked while hearing some songs in my phone. I walked casually at the corridors. I studied last night really hard until 3 am as a punishment for making my umma mad. So I covered for today’s lesson so I don’t have to worry to study now. I was early today. I don’t want to stay at home. I sent Hanbyul to kindergarten like usually and went to school after because probably studio won’t open right now. Which dumba** would go at this hour? Oh there is, I am. I forgot about it and went to school after being told that the studio can’t be used now.

I went upstairs and went straight to class. I stopped at the door frame as I saw a figure sitting at his place. He was leaning against his chair, eyes shut and earphones were on. He looked calm but hurt. He’s like trying to recovering from something. I went to him and crouch beside him. I pressed stop so there were no sound except from the latter. I hear closely and then a song can be heard. It was a song, telling to move on. I heard a voice I really know, singing, without music to support him but the harmony was a top notch. It was amazing but what make me curious were why the singer is Jinhwan, no music background and it was sound purely recorded but still a daebak song and why the lyrics were about moving on. I know he can sing about whatever he wants but this song was somehow has aura that’s telling me this song was dedicated to this poor latter beside me. And should be more a lot nicer if it had music background in it. This showing that it didn’t happen in the studio but somewhere else. Somewhere, at that time, Junhoe needed this song, probably, and that’s why Jinhwan advised him by singing spontaneously what he wanted to say and also no music. It all make sense but it worries me to be honest.

If this all true, that means, Junhoe was having a dilemma that telling him to move on. ‘’Love can be sick. Love is somehow a pain. But it is the sweetest thing if you can protect it until the end.’’ Love? ‘’Maybe you hurt now but you gotta move on. You have to search it patiently, and trust me, it’s all worth it. You have to move on~ Don’t let it bury you down in the darkness. Don’t be hurt if you know the taker. Just wish them and yourself the best. We’re all humans, facing our own problems. But trust me, if you move on for the best, it’s all worth it.’’ Move on? Hurt? Taker? Love?! I was shocked. Is Junhoe heart broken? Who’s the heartbreaker? I’m too curious. ‘’June ah~ Promise me you won’t hurt and move on.’’ ‘’Ne~’’ Junhoe suddenly spoke but softly, eyes still shut. I stood up by surprise. Ok. That’s weird. I took one of his earphone and it came off. ‘’Jinan hyung!’’ He shouted out of nowhere.

I just stare in confusion and surprised.  He stare and rubbed his face. He sighed for like nth times. I cleared my throat. ‘’What do you want?’’ he asked.  He was still in the same state, face palmed and lowering the head. Did he knew I was here?  He looked up after a long wait to receive a reply. His face was terribly swollen. I feel bad suddenly. ‘’What’s wrong?’’ I asked. ‘’Nothing, I guess…’’ He said while looking longingly to my eyes. ‘’Junhwe…’’ I cooed. He suddenly stand up and went straight forward hugging me. ‘’I miss you so bad…’’ He whispered. ‘’…I’m not gonna lose you again…’’ My ears were feeling his hot breath. It shivers me. ‘’… ain’t I?...’’ I feel his hugging went tighter. ‘’I’m not gonna ruin this chance because of just a stupid love…’’ His hand gripped my vest uniform even tighter than before that I can feel his fingers like it were clawing my back. He pushed from the hug and saw me with his terrible beady and swollen eyes. ‘’I… I wish you the best.’’

I was shocked by everything, from A-Z. I pushed him slowly to his seat. I took my mineral bottle and gave him. He gladly accept it and drank. I pulled a near seat and slowly landing my precious on it. ‘’What happened Junhwe?’’ I asked. ‘’Just some sick drama.’’ He went drink again. Then, I noticed a bandage on his knuckle. I quickly grabbed his hand and went examining. The water spills from the bottle and landed some on his uniforms and most of it on the floor. I was still looking at it and his hands were still on the same spot, making the water dripping out from the bottle until the last drop. The floor was wet but it wasn’t important. The bandage wrap was thick. I looked at him. He didn’t budge from what I was doing. Surprise? He stared longingly at his injured hand. ‘’How did this happen?’’ I asked. My voice was full with concerns. He just stay silent. ‘’How did this happen?’’ ‘’You’re pretty early today.’’ He said. Avoiding the question. ‘’Junhwe. Answer me.’’ ‘’It’s really quiet and peaceful at this hour.’’ ‘’Junhwe…’’ ‘’I should always come here alone.’’ ‘’June!’’ I shouted and without me realizing, I called by his old nickname.

He looked at me, his facial expression was very hurt. I bit my lower lips.  I quickly hugged him. ‘’June ya~ Please don’t hurt yourself. I-I… I can’t stand seeing you at this state… Tell me how can I fix this?’’ I asked and looked at his swollen eyes. His eyes flashes a hope, but suddenly it faded away. ‘’You can… Ani…’’ he said then he started whispering. ‘’No June… You have to accept it…’’ I stared at him. Accept what? ‘’I can what?’’ I asked trying.‘’Nothing.’’ He said. Then it started to get awkward and quiet. His just stare at the floor. His body was at limp state. I pushed him gently to lean at his chair. I stood up, ‘’I’m heading to Janitor’s closet.’’ I said and went out from the class. I shoved my hands and retrieved my phone. I pressed play and the song continued. I stopped in front of a door and went open it. I took a mop and closed it back. ‘’Hanbin?’’ I looked at my left and saw a girl running. ‘’Y/n, it’s-‘’

‘’Hanbin, did you saw Junhoe?’’ she asked, looking very worried. Now I realized what’s something wrong, Junhoe came early and he wasn’t with them. ‘’Y-yeah. I happen to see him. What’s wrong?’’ I asked. ‘’I-it’s something that you shouldn’t know.’’ She stuttered and her cheeks were starting to fire. ‘’What do you mean ‘it’s something that I should not know ’?!’’ I asked, emphasizing the word not. ‘’Hanbin… I-!…’’ I suddenly saw a petite boy, sprinting off from the stairs. He quickly stopped. His forehead was all sweaty and he seem very worried. ‘’Hanbinnie, June, where is he?’’ he asked. He gasped in breath. ‘’June?’’ y/n asked weirdly. ‘’Wh-who is he?’’ she said, his head slowly turned from Jinhwan to me but I ignored the question. ‘’June is in class.’’ I answered. ‘’How is he?’’ ‘’Rekt. Disaster.’’ Jinhwan’s face was more worried. He was about to make his leave but I quickly grabbed his arm. ‘’Jinan hyung, tell me. What’s happening?’’  I asked, my eyes stared to his pair. I let him go and the petite hyung left us. His eyes that telling me I-will-explain-later makes me even more curious and worry. ‘’June? Jinan?’’ the person in front of me asked. ‘’Who’s that Hanbin?’’ ‘’Not until you tell me this bull**8.’’ I exclaimed. She rolled her eyes. ‘’Geurae. I won’t.’’ she left me and run towards the class. I’m surprise with her. She was like someone else or is it just because she was too worried. Of course, it’s June, her big fat crush. I feel a bit taken back and, jealous? No, that’s not true. I went to my class. I saw Jinan hyung was hugging him back and forth. He was consoling the poor latter. I turned to see y/n. She looked very guilty. ‘’You did this?’’ I asked while pointing at them. ‘’I didn’t attend to do it. I-I… never know he’ll became like this. I’m sorry…’’ she said.  I was surprise. She did it? But how?

‘’June… Listen here. There are many girls out there. Sure you will meet a person like her or better for you.’’  His words were really but I’m here, already confuse with the situation. Jinan hyung ruffled his hair and kissed his forehead. I surely miss the comforts from this petite hyung. It was really comfortable and reassuring. Everyone loves it. June flashes a sad but satisfying smile to Jinan hyung and it made my heart ease a bit.  Jinan hyung stood up and went to us. ‘’You two should watch Junhoe. He is at a weak state and can pass out anytime. Made sure there’s no any weird sign or not call the teacher quickly. He might throw up. I leave the responsible to two of you. Enjoy. I mean literally.’’ He said, eyeing at the person beside me. I looked at y/n. ‘’Take care Junhoe. I must do something first.’’ I said. ‘’Wait-‘’

I quickly sprinted off to catch the petite latter. I grabbed and turned him. ‘’Care to explain?’’ I asked and lift a brow. ‘’Sure. Come.’’ He said and bring me to somewhere. Right now, we are at the rooftop. He sat on the edge and carefully placed his bag down. He inhaled the fresh dawn air. ‘’It’s surely a nostalgia up here.’’ He said. I widened my eyes and looked at him. I feel numb in my heart. ‘’Yah~ Don’t be hurt by that. At least, you have left the egoistic B.Itch, right? Have you?’’ he asked. I just stay silent. I felt I already left him but I still doubt his presence in me. ‘’Bean ah… Don’t tell me… Please… You’re still with us, right?’’ I wanted to say, maybe but I don’t want to break this angelic hyung but giving a hope that may not come true will damage him more.  ‘’I don’t know…’’ I whispered. He sighed.

 

Jinhwan’s POV

Okay. I thought he was sure to come back with us but after knowing he wasn’t sure, my mind was trembling. Guess, I was wrong at something that I really want to be right and opposite all of it. It’s really . Now, the plan that I want to make sure that he won’t leave us and won’t tell y/n to stop loving him too is totally broke. Think Jinan. Think! You have the best grades for good reasons! Ok, I’m blank. I sighed. Just pray to god and hope this spontaneously turn out to my side.

‘’Hanbin… Umm…’’ I bit my lower lip. Sh8! I’m totally wasted! I’m waving my white flag people! Someone, save me! Butakhae~ ‘’Jinan hyung~’’ He snapped me from my wild mind. ‘’I hope after you hearing this, you wouldn’t do something stupid, Binnie…’’ I said, flashing my hopeful eyes. ‘’Ne.’’ he replied with a simple answer. ‘’June, he… He confess to somebody that he likes.’’ ‘’Omo. Is it Jimin noona?’’ he asked while showing his teasing smile. ‘’Aish you! Ani.’’ I replied. I show him my annoyed face but I couldn’t help it to smile the memories that we have. This kid always teasing me, well, all of them. Those ungrateful dongsaengs, always bully me. They should be thankful that I’m really well, umm… nice to them. Binnie smiled to his ears. Well, smirking actually. ‘’Ne ne… Serious time.’’ He said, acting all serious but it was too cute. I inhaled and exhaled the air. Okay, I think I’m okay by now. ‘’Well, actually, I know the girl likes June’’ ‘’Of course.’’ Binnie just rolled his eyes. Jealous Hanbin is still alive? Wow. Long time no see. Then I suddenly feeling a lump on my throat. ‘’But… she somehow, unconsciously rejected June…’’ Binnie widened his eyes. ‘’Reject? How? Why?’’ he asked, he was really shock by my statement.  ‘’Her heart rate when with him was normal, not like always. And surprisingly, she was also try to confirm whether she still likes June or not so she…. Kissed him and after that she wasn’t that you know, fangirling, or whatsoever stuff. ‘’Does it mean?-’’ ‘’Yes. She thinks June like normal people or I’m more sure close friends but the normal thinking of her to June was gone.’’ I said.

Phew, wasn’t that tough to say? I looked at him. He was at the shocking state. ‘’Close friends? Does June has any other close friends girl other than-‘’ ‘’Of course he has that wonderful cousin of his but to this case, no. No other, than her.’’ I stated. ‘’Wait. I can’t believe this. It’s not that Kang Y/N, right?’’ I sighed. How many times do I have to determine this kid with the truth? I face palmed. ‘’How can I convince you Kim Hanbin?’’I was about to give up with this kid. ‘’No… I know she likes him! When I was closed to her for the first time, she admits that she missed that sassy guy! There’s no way she doesn’t like him anymore! Who could she likes if there’s no other guy that she is closed to other than you guys?!’’ he asked in disbelief. He didn’t realise it? Oh my, even with his smart brain, he couldn’t answer this simple-?! ‘’There you have it.’’ I said, hitting a clue. ‘’What?’’ He asked in confusion. Oh you pabo… ‘’The answer. Ok first. She wouldn’t admit anything about her life unless, she feels comfortable with the latter. Second, yes, so far there’s no boy really closed to her except recently there’s somebody did.’’ I said. He was connecting the dots but he still doesn’t believe it? ‘’Who’s that guy, h-hyung?’’ I rolled my eyes.

‘’That guy is you, Kim Hanbin.’’

 

 

Reader’s POV

I looked him from my seat. Ok, not looking but peaking. He was replaying a song over and over. I don’t know what the song is but I couldn’t hear any background music. I only hear someone singing it but the harmony was too good. He looked really tired and his face was swollen but not as bad as I saw him early today. Argh. I feel something hit my head. I looked down below and saw a crumbled paper. I bend down and took it. I uncrumbled it.

:p   

Great. One of a smiley face, that stick out a tongue. What does that mean?! Argh. Another one?! I pick it up.

Look outside pabo ;p

I looked at the window and shot a glare. Those baboons are really asking for it. I stood up and dashed out from the class. I hugged my body. ‘’Annyeong yeppun yeoja.’’ The rabbit guy greeted with the cheeky smile of his. I quickly grabbed both of their ears and dragged them somewhere far from the class.

‘’Ow ow ow! T-that hurts…’’ ‘’A-aaah-aah! Y/n!’’ I looked at the stairs and look at the two guys. ‘’Yah! Should we head up or just here?’’ I asked while acting like a boss. ‘’Ooh… Head up to where?’’ The one with the tiny eyes that can smile asked while rubbing his painful ear. ‘’Pabo. The only ‘up’ is the rooftop. The prince quickly gazed to the person besides him and went back at me. ‘’Aniya… Aigoo… Here is enough… No going up…’’ He said. The latter just nod aggressively, agreeing with friend of his. ‘’Ok… It seems you don’t want to do this privately…’’ I said while eyeing the students that was passing by, watching us.

‘’Aish. It’s not that we don’t want privacy, it’s-‘’ Bobby’s mouth was quickly been covered with Yunhyeong’s hands. I raised my brow. ‘’Oh, it’s since we’re lazy to go up. Ouw. Our legs… Very very tired…’’ the prince explained, avoiding any suspects. I looked at them suspiciously. ‘’Okay then you lazy baboons. Let’s start with an obvious question, Why are you guys here?!’’ I asked. ‘’Umm… We wanna ask. What just happen?’’ Bobby said. ‘’What happened?’’ I asked. Are they gonna ask about June? I sure hope not.

 ‘’Aish. Don’t act stupid right now. Your acting are not good as this boy so don’t dream about us to fall for it.’’ He pointed to Yunhyeong. ‘’Aissh hyung…. Listen here y/n. We think you might know what happened to June- I mean Junhoe. Why is he weak? You know his the ‘real man’ right? There must be a reason, a one that really explains everything for him to behave this. Can you tell at least what you know.’’ He said. Their face showed all the worries within them. Guiltiness suddenly conquered me. ‘’Actually…’’

 

‘’W…What?!’’ ‘’Aish! Slow down will ya?!’’ I shouted. This guy is sometimes, too loud. ‘’J-June ah… H-he likes you?!’’ this time his friend is also too loud. ‘’Aish! Slow down! People can hear you pabo!’’ I gritted my teeth while showing my hand. They flinched and just nodded nervously. ‘’You like Junhoe?’’ ‘’And you rejected him?’’ Those two question quickly rushed to me. Oh, give me a break. I’m K.O with this bull . I try to avoid their gaze. It’s just… It sent me a tingling electric feels. I don’t know, guilt maybe?

Then my eyes suddenly capturing 2 figures, walking down from the stairs. Oh, those two were hiding up there. I quickly shot a glare at the two guys in front of me. I rubbed my face and sighed. Well, today’s gonna be awkward he**.

 

 

B.I’s POV

That guy is you, Kim Hanbin.

I flinched. Wow, those words are really making me uncomfortable. I looked in front. And this is just the 1st class. Do I have to go through all this shi8y day? I really want to skip class but then again, June in the other hand, is weak. He needs me. I looked at the person sitting right beside him. Acting all focus, ha? Well tell you what, you ain’t gonna.  I know that she feels really at unease. I feel bad for her. It’s not her fault. Is it mine? Wait Hanbin. Why are you protecting her and blame yourself? I slapped myself. Ouw. That was, really painful. Reality su**s. I layed down face on my table and rolled.

‘’Ehem, Mr. Can you pay attention to my class?’’ the teachers voice went pass by through me. Babble all you want teach cuz I ain’t bugged from here. ‘’Ehem, Mr. Get your face up and glue to the whiteboard please. I don’t want to see you at the bottom of the class next exam.’’ Well tell you what. I always top the class even I ain’t paying attention to the class. I don’t need this. I just have to pay for the exams only.

‘’Mr.! I have enough of you! Wait till I lay my hands on you, you gonna be glued to the board and I mean literally.’’ I put the finger. I smiled sarcastically. But it seems something wrong. The teacher… Is not talking to me, ain’t she? I looked up and saw she stood right beside him while pulling one of his ear. ‘’You deaf Mr.?!’’ She shouted. I quickly jumped to my seat and looked at the teacher. ‘’Mr. Kim. You get back to your seat now.’’ I looked at June. I gritted my teeth. He looks really weak and limp and then I realized. ‘’Yah seonsaeng-nim! June is passed out!’’ I scream and the teacher quickly left her finger from him. I was at the nick of time to catch him but I lost my stable so I stumble and hit the table next him. The person looked shock. I quickly kneeled and slapped his face.

‘’Yah Koo Junhoe! Yah! Wake up! Don’t sleep you pabo! You never sleep in class right?!’’ I shouted and the entire room froze. They literally froze. Ok, they are not much of a help. ‘’June! You promised me that you will never miss any class to beat me right so wake up!’’ I screamed. I was afraid, I was afraid that he could…. No. No don’t say that! Then I feel a tap on my shoulder. ‘’Hanbin~ Sent him to nurse office and take care of him like you would.’’ The teacher smiled and her smile was a sincere one. I carried June with a piggy back ride. ‘’Be careful of him, Hanbin.’’ The teacher said. ‘’Of course I would. You know that too, right seosaeng nim?’’ I said and leave the room.

‘’Can I come?’’ I turned my head and see Y/n hesitantly stood up. ‘’It’s better for them alone.’’ The teacher’s voice were soft like she understands it. Y/n slowly sit back. She looked very disappointed. I sighed and proceed to bring June to the nurse office. I hope he’ll be fine.