Heart rate | I was right

A heart can change

Reader’s POV

I lied on my bed. Staring at the ceiling and thinking of something, I guess. My mind was in confusion. What happened just now was something I do not expect.

|flashback|

‘’I like you y/n.’’

I stared at him like he was doing something weird and it was certainly it. ‘’Junhoe… I-I… ‘’ I was unable to speak. I pushed away from the hug. His beautiful eyes met with mine. I stuttered. Not knowing the right word to say. ‘’Is this a prank?’’ I asked. His eyes widened as he was shocked with my question like it didn’t make any sense. ‘’Y/n, I-I’m serious.’’ He said, looking very serious. No, he isn’t, is he? He’s lying right? ‘’You don’t… Like me?’’ he asked in disbelief. His face shows that he was hurt and disappointed like he was expecting another reaction from me. ‘’No Junhoe. I like you. I really am, but, I like you as a bestfriend. My classmate, my partner in class. I like you like you’re my brother…’’ I guess… It all changes so quickly. Even I can’t follow up with my feelings. I actually like Junhoe a lot from the first. I admires his determination and his passion. He was someone with skills and perfection. He has the looks that can make every girl swoon and probably die by just hear him singing. But he rarely sings and that makes me even more eager to have him. He seems to avoid singing but it was such a waste. Maybe before I always deny that I like Junhoe but one day, Jinhwan oppa came by to me and asked a question that I wasn’t expecting to hear by him.

’Do you have any feelings for Junhoe?’

‘’You don’t have to lie. You can tell me what your heart contains. You can trust me you know?’

I denied it at first but Jinhwan oppa was smart enough to tell that I was lying to him, and myself. This oppa is like an angel who is watching and guide us. Now, the puzzle is connecting to each other and it made sense but it seems that, I don’t like it. Not even a bit. I should be happy that Junhoe has the same feeling that I had. I had. No, is it true? My feelings for Junhoe has change? But a heart is hard to change, right? I pushed him gently. I widened my eyes.

I feel numb in my heart. I put my hand at my chest area where the heart was located. No, no. This can’t be… I looked at him. He looked very hurt. His expression was no other than disappointed and hurt. ‘’Y/n…’’

‘’I thought you like me…’’ his voice were very soft. The tone of the voice was showing that he was hurt.  ‘’I-I…’’ ‘’Guess, I was just full of myself. Believing that you like me… Jinhwan hyung was wrong.’’ Wait, what? ‘’Trust your instinct June ah… Believe me, you always right.’’ He said while clutching his fist. ‘’All of those hopes are just phony, FAKE!’’ a tear escaped from his eye. No, no… I still like Junhoe, right? Please say yes… ‘’Butakhae…’’ I whispered to my heart. I looked at him once again. No… I only have one chance left to know if I was right or wrong. I grabbed his cheek with my both hands. He looked at me with his beady eyes and at the speed of lightning, our lips were met together.

And thats how I know,

I was wrong.

|flashback end|

I touched my lips. I just can’t believe that I did that. His lips were soft and was sweet to touch and make a connection. But, I didn’t feel anything… I checked my heart rate watch. Normal beating. Thinking of the kiss doesn’t make my heart beat fast like it should be. Am I a human or not? I stood up from my bed and walked to my desk. I grabbed my phone and open an application. I breathe and thought about Junhoe and the kiss. I looked at the result. Disappointing. I can’t believe it. I guess all device are just broken. I throw my phone at the bed. Suddenly, I remember Junhoe calling Hanbin. Hanbin. I felt something fishy about me. I looked at my heart rate watch, Wait. Aniya. No way. I put my hand at my chest. It was fast for sure. I leaned at the wall and fall down. I… No… Sure this not true. I like Hanbin as a friend, right? It’s broken right? I quickly ran up to my phone and quickly dialed a number. I impatiently wait for the latter to answer. ‘’Yeobseyo? Y/n ah? What’s wrong?’’ I was wrong but my heart was right. My mind was just fooling myself but my heart is proving something. My heart rate becomes higher.

Ladies and gentleman. Let me tell you something. I’m Kang Y/n is now officially likes a person named, non then other, Kim Hanbin.

And all of that is not a lie.

 

 

 

Jinhwan’s POV

I was sitting on a sofa in my bedroom. I was flipping some channels. What’s interesting today? I saw my phone was vibrating. I saw my umma’s message. ‘’Jinannie… There’s a guest down here. Why don’t you come here and welcome him.’’ Guest? I wasn’t expecting someone.  Probably the other boy in the neighborhood that keep stalking me. I went down and straight to the living room. I hear sobs that was familiar but rare to hear. I quickly ran to a figure and turned him around and saw a face that I wasn’t expecting to be here, eyes all wet.

‘’June?’’

 

 

I was sitting on my bed. I looked at Junhoe. His back was facing me. He didn’t utter any words since he came here. He was just sipping his coffee while watching the tv in my bedroom. I sighed and went to seat beside him. ‘’June ah…’’ I cooed. He was still glued to the tv, didn’t bother with my presence. I gave up. I took the remote and closed the tv. Junhoe looked at me. ‘’Wae?’’

‘’Why are you here?’’ I asked like it was the obvious question when somebody suddenly came here without telling what’s the purpose. ‘’Just to chill with you hyung, obviously.’’ He said casually. I rolled my eyes. ‘’June, how long have we met?’’ I asked. He furrow his brows, ‘’Since we’re kids of course hyung.’’ He answered with no doubt. ‘’Then you should know that no matter how long you practiced to act, it will never worked on me.’’ I said, looking very serious. ‘’It’s nothing biggy hyung.’’ He said while looking at his feet. He looked very hurt. ‘’Koo Junhoe, my lovely sassy dongsaeng, tell me, your most beloved hyung what happened.’’ I said. He sighed and just continue to swaying his feet. I just sighed and hugged him. He froze. ‘’Tell me June.’’ I whispered to his ear. He shivered. ‘’Tell me…Don’t you trust me?’’ I asked. He nodded and hugged me. Then I feel my back was soaked wet.

I pat his back. ‘’Hyung, you are wrong…’’ he whispered. I was shocked with his confession. ‘’You were wrong about me being right…’’ He sobbed. I was wrong? About him being right? Right about…? ‘’June, I don’t understand.’’ No, I do but I’m scared if I was right. He pushed me gently then looked at me angrily. ‘’I know that you do understand me hyung. Don’t fool me!’’ he said in anger and disappointed. ‘’Y/n doesn’t like me hyung! I was wrong.’’ He said, crying after those were out from his dungeon. Sh**. I was right but I hate it. I was right all along. Y/n was no longer have feelings for this kid. Is it true that she’s starting to have feeling for that kid, Kim Hanbin? But I’m not too sure if Hanbin has the same feelings for her. ‘’Are you sure that I’m wrong June?’’ I asked trying to assure him. ‘’F***ing yes hyung!’’ he exclaimed in anger.  I swallowed my saliva. It was a tense moment. ‘’How are you sure about that June?’’ I asked. I need proof. Maybe I was wrong. ‘’Her heartbeat was… in normal state.’’ Done. I don’t need anymore. It clearly shows that girl was not crushing on this boy anymore. I know she’s an anxious girl who is easily get nervous even the simplest thing. If she’s not well… *sigh* ‘’She even kissed me but she wasn’t blushing that hard.’’ He continued to explain. I just lean back in defeat. There’s nothing to convince Junhoe that she still likes him but I didn’t want to hurt this guy. I hate the truth! I’m sick being right!

I sighed. ‘’June…’’ ‘’I’m right, right hyung?’’ he asked sarcastically. I just hung my head low. I can’t handle to see the latter. As much as he hurts, I was hurt too.  I’m hurt if 7 of us hurt. Once one part of the body is hurt, others will feel the sting and pain too.  The connection is strong. Too strong. ‘’You’re not answering me hyung.’’ He said, waiting anxiously for my answer. I just nodded in defeat. He stood up. He laughed sarcastically. ‘’I knew it…’’ He said then kicked my bed that was made of the finest thing. And it sure made him hurt. ‘’June!’’ I gasped in horror. ‘’I’m right!’’ He said while punched the mirror until the glasses were shattered to pieces. His knuckle was bleeding drastically. ‘’That hurts…’’ He said while smiling creepily. ‘’June, hajima!’’ I said while holding his bleeding hand. ‘’He pushed me aside roughly. He went to the wall and banged his head. ‘’I was right. I was right all along!’’ his action was non-stop. I quickly ran to him and back hugged him. ‘’June…Hajima…Your hurting yourself…’’ I whispered. He struggles but too weak. ‘’I’m hurt. Why you care?’’ He asked annoyingly with anger. ‘’Because I’m hurt seeing you hurt June…’’ I exclaimed in concerns. My bedroom was a mess but I didn’t care at all. All I care was this namja. He falled to his knees. I followed him. ‘’I’m sorry hyung… I’m just too weak…’’ he sobbed.

‘’It’s okay June… I forgive you… But promise me that you’ll move on. Araso June?’’

‘’Araso hyung.’’

I hugged while rocking him back and forth, trying to calm him them. I hummed to his favorite ballad song. He calmly accept it.

‘’Hyung?’’ he called while his eyes were shutted.

‘’Hmm?’’

‘’Saranghae hyung…’’ he said while smile appearing on his face. I smiled. I peck his forehead.

‘’Saranghae my trouble maker…’’

\End of 3rd night lol/

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello once again. sorry i didnt update earlier like i should since this chap is a bit shorter. and sorry this is kind of short. i thought i should do chap 4 but i just forget that i have to include this.... now chapter 3 has 3 parts lol me....  But I promise next chap will be chap 4 (i hope so unless i want make this to be more dramatic lol :p) I want to say thanks again for the support you gave me by commenting. It did lift my spirits... Remember I always love you even you silent readers (even if I have one :p) Hope u enjoy my craps... Comment if there's something u wanna say. ill try my best to reply.... and remember comment makes me more eager to update... Btw, what's ur opinion about Dumb&Dumber and Whats wrong? I totally love them! \>O<''/ I was screaming out loud while watching (true story) My cousin text me that it already come out and  i was like dying of excitement.  Tell me ur reaction... Im really eager to know. But if u dont wanna its ok... Well i talk too much. See u again my dear friends~~~