Remember

Our Promises

"Can I help you, miss?" A waiter greet the customer with their best smile as he bowed a little, holding a menu on his left hand. "I've reserved a table for two." The girl said nonchalantly while fixing her sunglasses, waiting for the waiter to take her to the table. The waiter immediately showed her the way after she mentioned him her name. The waiter took her to the VIP section, a table for two inside a room where almost all of the wall covered in glass window. "Would you like to order first, miss?" The waiter asked again after he helped the girl to take a sit on the arm chair. The girl flipped her wavy hair backward as she scanned the menu through her sunglasses, her well-drawn nail moved in vertical line scanning the menu, "I'll have lobster firttata and a white wine." 

"One lobster firttata coming right up, miss." The waiter wrote down what the girl just ordered and about to leave the VIP room when the girl called for him again, "Actually, make it two." She said then the waiter left.

The girl sat with her arms crossed while waiting for her guest to come, she had to say that she was quiet impressed by the beauty of the restaurant. Especially the view from the VIP room, totally worth the amount of money she had paid for it. Few moments later, the waiter came again with the foods, he served the foods neatly on the table. One portion on the girl's side, and the other portion on the other side of the table. He also poured the wine to her glass before he bowed and left again. The girl took a sip of her white wine, leaving a red stain on her glass since she was wearing a red lipstick. 

"Looking sharp."

"Come have a sit. I hope you don't mind about the food I've ordered for you." She said without looking at her guest, taking another sip of her wine. Her guest sat across her, feeling rather satisfied with the food, "Of course. You've a great taste." The girl didn't say anything in respond, instead of paying attention to her guest, she took something out from her purse and put it on the table, pushing it to her guest's side with her fingers. "You know what you have to do, right?" 

She watched how her guest took the picture and stared at it with his serious look while enjoying his wine. A laughter then filled the room, "Of course, of course. You can count on me. This person on this picture-" The girl blinked when her guest threw the picture back to the table, not interested with it, "-I know that person too well."

The girl stared at her guest for a quiet long time before she finally took another thing from her purse, "I'll give the rest of it after you give me your first report." She said after putting an envelope on top of the table, the thick one. She pushed it to her guest's side again just like what she did earlier. Her guest gladly accepted the envelope, "You can count on me, Hara-ssi."

 

 

--

 

 

“And don’t ever do that again!” Dr. Lay gave your head a playful knock after he finally found you, “Or else-“ He widened his eyes a bit to glared at you which make you pressed your lips together to prevent yourself from smiling and zipped your lips in an instant, “Sir yes sir.” You playfully saluted at him as you lower you lower your voice a bit. Dr. Lay then put some oinment on your wounds, he patted his fingers gently it almost felt like magic when you feel no pain. He was smiling throughout the treatment showing his beautiful dimple and his adorable eyelids, no wonder why he’s called as the cupid doctor. Who wouldn’t fall for his charm especially when he was only this close from you. “Stop smiling like that, you’re creeping me out.” He laughed through his steady breath, knocking some sense out of your head by giving your head another playful knock. “Why? Do I make you nervous?” He said softly, eyes still on your wounds. “You wish, it’s just, you look like a zombie ten minutes ago.” Even the nurse giggled in agreement, you sticked your tongue out at Dr.Lay when he protested about you calling him a zombie. “Now shush.”

 

It felt kinda awkward when Dr.Lay applied some of the oinment on the corner of your lips, closing the gap between the two of you which make you choose to look away over his shoulder. You almost forgot about Kai’s presence when you saw him on the other side of the room, he was sitting on the couch with his right leg crossed over the other one, his head crooked to the side with his eyes closed. When you were staring at his face, time passed really fast, Dr.Lay suddenly pulled himself away, mumbling something to the nurse as she wrote down what he told her. “Kai-ssi-“ He stopped when he saw Kai has fell asleep, soon walking out of the room after he told you that he’ll come back when he’s awake. “Thanks.” You muttered softly while bowing the the doctor.

 

Sighing, you dragged both your body and your IV pole to Kai while hugging a blanket in your left arm. You waved your hand right in front of Kai’s face to make sure that he was really asleep before slowly, you wrapped the blanket around his body up to his neck level. Yellow orangish light that came from the sunset shines through the window filling the whole room with its beautiful color. Kai’s tanned skin looks even more beautiful when he got hit by the sun’s light. Squating down in front of him, you folded your arms on top of your bent knee and rested your chin on your folded arms. “If it’s not because of you, I might be dead by now.” You scanned every inches of his face and frowned a little when you noticed there’s something familiar about him, about his face. You put your palm above your eyes level, covering Kai’s upper face from your sight as some scenes from the past start to crawled back into your mind.

 

 

“Someone’s injured! We need the aid kit box!” The atmosphere went hectic when one of the soccer player got injured pretty badly, the player with the number 88 printed on his back being carried by his teammates back to the player’s bench. Seems like the hurted guy accidentally fell down while running and dragged his skin against the rough surface of the ground. His skin got cut and blood were pouring down to his ankle.

 

“Miss, we need your help!” The coach waved his hand as soon as he saw you, telling you to come quickly with his hand gesture. You were in charge for the emergency call with your other three friends that day, but the three of them were too busy arranging the players from the other schools so you were left alone. “Coming!”As soon as you arrived at the player’s bench, you quickly pushed everyone aside to give you some space. The guy flinched when you pressed a towel on his scar, he lowered his snapback to covered his face. You knew that he was trying to held back the pain so you gave his hand a gentle squeeze, “I need to stop the bleeding before I put on the bandage. You’ll be fine.”

 

He watched how you took a good care of his scar, he noticed that your legs were actually shaking because you had been squating for a quiet long time, how your skin had slowly covered in sweats, he could felt your gentleness through every touches that you made. “Done!” You beamed as you wiped your hand with a clean cloth, “Don’t  move too much alright? I’ve put some medicine on your scar but you still need to see the doctor later, okay?” You waited for an answer, but the guy didn’t say anything. He keep hanging his head low, you can’t even take a good look of his face. As the guy fixed his snapback, you got up. The soft breeze came in an instant and blew some strands of your long hair backward. “Excuse me, can I have some alcohol to clean up my wound?” Someone that stood a few meters away from you said, he clearly just got a scar on his arm. “Coming!”

 

The guy finally looked up as you made your way to the other person, his heart skipped a bit when your hair got blown beautifully by the wind. He secretly watched over you from his current position and without his knowing, his lips has curled into a small smile when he saw your motherly side. He couldn’t even blink when you tied up your hair into a messy bun exposing your milky neck.

 

“Kai, you alright??”

 

The guy called Kai cleared his throat followed by a fake cough as his best friend, Kyungsoo showed up with his worried face. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He nudged his chin to his leg’s direction. Kyungsoo sighed in relief, rubbing his chest then wiping his sweats away with the towel around his neck. Somehow Kai was hoping that he will see you again when he turned his head to the side, he took a deep breath and counted to three only to ended up with a heavy sigh. He frowned when he couldn’t find you anywhere in his sight, his heart shrank in disappointment.

 

 

It's him. Eyes blinking twice, your lips broke into a wide grin, “I remember you.” A soft laughter came out from your lips as you rest your right cheek on your folded arms, shutting your eyes while still giggling to yourself. However, you stopped when you felt something soft landed on your back. When you opened your eyes, Kai's face was already on the same level as yours, he bent down while wrapping the blanket you gave him earlier around you. "Good. Don't you dare to forget me ever again." He showed you the same smile that got you captivated, "Because I think I'm attracted to you." He added and that's when you almost forgot how to breath.