Things Happened

Our Promises

Kai was fixing his hair and putting on his snapback while staring at his own reflection oh the mirror. He was wearing a loose black t-shirt with his favorite jeans. Done with his look, he let out a shaky and nervous sigh from his plump lips before he turned around and grabbed his backpack from the top of his desk. He rubbed the back of his neck softly as he made his way to the door, "Where is it again..?" He muttered under his breath before he made a sharp U-turn all of sudden. Dang it, Jongin. He shook his head over his own clumsiness for almost forgetting the purple wallet on his bed. "You're coming with me." His plump lips curled up into a small smile after he secured it safely inside his backpack.

He made his way downstairs and greeted by some familiar people, Hara was one of them. Kai lowered his head to greet Hara and her parents with his confused look. "Jongin, join us." Said his mother, followed by Hara's sparkling eyes, she was hoping for Kai to say yes. Kai bit his lower lips while humming lightly, trying to find an excuse, with the remaining people staring at him, he need to get out from his house as quick as he can before they forbid him from leaving house. "I would love to but I'm sorry I need to pay my friend a visit." He lied.

Hara's pink lips curled into a bitter smile and Kai's mom noticed that, she then cleared before glaring at him indirectly, "Who is this friend that you're talking about, Jongin?" Hara's parents also gave him the same look which make Kai pretty pissed and uncomfortable. He let out a pretty loud sigh to gave them a sign that he doesn't want to do that kind of a stupid dinner party or whatever they call it. "It's Kyungsoo, he's really sick. He's my best friend so I'm going to see if he's okay. Now if you will excuse me-" Kai turned around as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. He started to feel tired about all of those stupid things his mom forced him to do.

Kai's mom let out a sudden gasp, she immediately stood up about to stop his son when Hara landed a soft touch on her arm, "It's alright, omoni. He's right, as a friend, he needs to take care of his best friend." Hara's parents cleared their throat which make Kai's mom get back on her seat with an apologetic look, "I'm sorry for his attitude. He has been acting really strange nowadays." She explained. Hara's mom nodded her head while taking a sip of her wine, "I understand, Mrs. Kim. Maybe he's having a mood swing due to his graduation. My dear Hara also had it back when she just graduated." 

Hara is actually two year older which make her a noona for Kai. But that doesn't stop her for having a massive crush at Kai, even her parents agree. Besides, her parents and Kai's parents have agreed to hook them up ever since they were still a kid. 

"Now that Jongin has graduated," Hara's father stared at his beautiful daughter before switching his gaze to Kai's mom, "He should start working at the company soon, and then we can announce when will we held Jongin and Hara's engagement." Of course, the older ladies are giggling in happiness about hooking their kids. Hara herself was blushing madly, her cheeks pink-ed in an instant and she couldn't stop her lips from smiling. Although she still hesitate whether Kai will be happy about to engagement or not, she doesn't want to forced her own will to him but she also doesn't want to let him go. Maybe this engagement is the only way to make him hers. 

"So, what do you think, dear?" 

"Ah-" Hara blinked twice as she gathered her mind back to reality, "I'm sorry, I was spacing out." She lowered her head to Kai's mom with an apologetic look, earning a soft pat on her back. "I was asking, how would you like your engagement to be held, my dear? Is a garden party alright?" Kai's mom repeat.

Hara immediately nodded her head in agreement, "That would be lovely, omoni." She smiled.

 

 

Meanwhile, Kai was busy running around to catch the bus. He could've just asked for his driver to take him to the address but that will be very risky. He doesn't want his mother to find out about his real crush, at least not now. Especially when his mother's still spazzing over Hara all the time. He sighed in relief while still trying to catch a breath right after he stepped inside the bus, "Thank God, I made it in time." He muttered under his breath then noticed an empty seat at the middle row of the bus. 

After he fill the empty seat, he took his phone out to make a phone call to his best friend, Kyungsoo. In less than five seconds, Kyungsoo's low voice could be heard from the other line of the phone. "Sup?" Said Kyungsoo. "Hey, I need your help." Kai his lower lips while staring at the view outside the window, "If my mom or my driver or anyone ask you about me, just tell them that I did pay you a visit because you're really sick, alright?" Kai earned a scolding session from Kyungsoo which make him couldn't help but laugh a little. "You're secretly hoping that I am actually dying, aren't you, bastard?" Kyungsoo's words make Kai could imagine how his face looks like at that moment. "Shut up, I will really pay you a  visit soon, alright? Will explain it later." 

Kyungsoo finally agreed under one condition. Only if Kai will buy him a whole bucket of his favorite cookies and cream ice cream. Kai said yes in defeat and Kyungsoo beamed in excitement. The bus finally stopped and Kai jogged out from the bus, bowing at the driver to thanked him. He then took your ID card from his pocket to read the address once again, sometimes he will asked some people around him about your address.

His long journey finally stopped in front of a medium-size house with lots of flower bushes around it. Just by staring at the main door, he felt like his heart almost fell to his stomach. He swear he almost feel like he's at a fairy tail world at that moment since he could feel thousands butterflies were flying around his tummy, tickling it. Instead of knocking the door, Kai keep walking back and forth with his thumb between his teeth, biting it gently.

"Okay, you can do this, Jongin." He slapped his own cheek gently twice before he finally made his way towards the wooden door. 

"NO- STOP IT! AH-" 

His foot steps stopped when a loud voice came out through the gap of the opened door. Kai quickly threw himself behind the brick fence to hid himself, he leaned out a little to take a look of what just happened.

"IT'S HURTS- STOP IT."

His eyes widened in horror when he saw you got dragged harshly with your hair got pulled and your body got dragged on the ground. He could see some bruises on your face and arm, also the tears that flowed to your cheek. His eyes then landed on the guy who was dragging you, Kai's eyes filled with anger, he swear if look could kill, that guy might be dead by now. 

"UNGRATEFUL KID! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE!" Said the old man as soon as he let go of your hair roughly, he then started to throw your things out of the house one by one.

"YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT, THIS IS MY MOTHER'S HOUSE! I'M NOT LETTING YOU STAY IN HERE WITH THAT !"

Slap. A hard slap landed on your cheek, not once, not twice, but repeatedly. The old man kept on slapping your swollen cheek again and again and again. Kai's chest started to rose due to anger, he can't stand it anymore, he finally made his way to your direction and landed a hard punch on your dad's face. The punch was hard enough to send your dad fell to the ground. You immediately shot your head up, only to see Kai's angry face, no- he was furious.

Kai get on his knee to check if you're alright. His heart ached at how horrible your face look with those bruises, his face shows how hurted he was. "K-Kai.." You whispered but then eyes got widened in horror when your dad got up all of sudden with a wooden baseball bat on his hand. With Kai's back facing him, he doesn't realized about what will happen. As your dad swing the baseball bat, you quickly threw yourself over Kai before the bat landed hard on the back of your head. Kai's eyes got widened in horror as he noticed the red liquid that flowed down to your side neck, "JIYOO!!!"