all i want for christmas

gingerbread (christmas collection)
 

 

pairing: sehun x luhan
word count: 2.3k+

 

all i want for christmas


 

Luhan doesn’t celebrate Christmas, but he enjoys the winter nights when Christmas is approaching. It’s cold and chilly but nevertheless, it’s beautiful. With a cup of warm cinnamon tea in hands, he is sitting on his expensive red single couch by the fireplace. He is having another movie marathon on a lonely night.

Luhan is a charming guy. He has women waiting in line to be his girlfriend. But women are not his cup of tea and finding an attractive gay man is not as easy as hiding gay magazines from your parents. Luhan has had a few flings and unstable relationships here and there but no one manages to get his full attention.

The guy is a promising artist in his twenty-six. He has got everything he needs; a big house, a nice car even a cozy two-story villa in Jeju. But his parents are not satisfied yet. After they have given up in pulling him into their business, now they are persuading the guy to be tied into a marriage. He admits that he longs for someone. Someone to be the first person he sees in the morning and the last person he sees before he ends the day. But then again, no one is worth the position yet. Thus, here he is, watching various Jackie Chan movies until his eyes cannot stay open anymore. He ends up falling asleep on the couch.

It has not been long since he falls asleep and a loud bang on his door can be heard clearly. Luhan widens his eyes out of surprise. He quickly grabs his golf stick, preparing himself to fight an intruder.

He walked carefully to the back door of his house. It must be a robber or some sort of unprofessional criminal. Luhan is thankful he has learned kendo and taekwondo back in his youth days.

Luhan is planning to attack the intruder from behind while the guy is trying to look for a spot to hide. The intruder is not a big guy so he is sure it will be easy to fight. He raises his golf stick and almost hits the target, if it’s not because of the intruder’s scream.

Actually, they both scream.

The intruder tugs Luhan’s wrist and instantly covers his mouth with his palm, signaling the owner of the house to keep quiet. Luhan doesn’t stay still. He keeps struggling to get away from the mysterious man but he ends up being locked in the intruder’s arms.

This is wrong in so many different levels!

But Luhan doesn’t show any other kinds of resistance. He decides to go along first to see what the intruder really wants.

Not long after, Luhan sees a guy running here and there bringing a beer bottle. Luhan raises a brow. Is this guy being chased by a crazy man? After the man leaves, he hears a long sigh from the guy next to him. He almost forgets that his mouth is still being covered.

Luhan quickly pulls away from him and inhales a deep breath, trying to gain as much oxygen as possible to fill his lungs. He turns to look up to get a look at the intruder’s face.

“Your face is familiar but I don’t remember! Who are you? No, what are you doing here?”

The intruder smiles apologetically to Luhan and stands up, followed by Luhan. He then says, “I’m sorry, hyung. I know we don’t really know each other and when we get the chance to talk, it has to be like this.”

Luhan raises a brow. He is sure he has seen the male somewhere before but he just cannot recall where and when.

“I’m Oh Sehun,” the Sehun guy continues.

Luhan tries to remember the name and when he finally gets a clue, he asks, “Are you Sekyung ahjumma’s son?”

Sehun smiles a little too bitterly at the mention of his mother’s name. He nods lightly and replies, “Yes, I brought foods to your house when you moved three years ago. We have never spoken to each other after that though.”

Luhan nods, agreeing with the information he gets from Sehun. He then remembers that the younger hasn’t answered what his purpose is. But seeing how broken and cold the younger look right now, he pulls him into his house. It gains him a surprised look from the taller male.

“T-Thank you,” he mumbles and looks down to his feet.

Luhan smiles as he sits him on the couch near the fireplace. He then goes to the kitchen to get another cup of cinnamon tea, serving Sehun like a proper guest.

Sehun smiles thankfully to him as takes a sip. “I’m sorry for disturbing you this late… no, this early.”

Luhan shakes his head after he takes another chair to sit on. “Don’t worry. So, what were you doing?”

Sehun finishes his cup before speaking up, “It was my dad, the one holding a beer bottle. It’s embarrassing to tell this to a stranger but he drinks a lot and became abusive after my parents divorced.”

Luhan frowns but doesn’t say anything since he knows Sehun has got more things to say.

“He comes home very late almost every single night and hits me. Sometimes I’m lucky enough if he falls asleep right away.”

“Sehun, how old are you?”

“I’m eighteen, hyung. How about you?”

“Well, I’m eight years older but it’s not important. I’m reporting this to the police.” Luhan is about to stand up to get his phone but Sehun pulls him back.

“No, hyung, don’t. I know he has is stressed out and I hate him but he is still my family. The only one I have.”

Luhan gives him a look. “Then, you want to continue living like this?”

Sehun shakes his head and gives him a small smile. “Of course not, I’m going to be legal soon and move out. I have enough savings… I think.”

Luhan stares at the younger male in disbelief. How can Sehun be such a fool? But he knows his decision is not for him to make. It’s Sehun’s.

“Well, do you want to stay here for the night?”

And Luhan thinks Sehun has the brightest smile he has ever seen.

 


 

“Sehun, can you pass me the salt?”

It has been three days since the incident happened, and surprisingly, Sehun is still staying in his house. Sehun told Luhan that he needed to go home but Luhan is stubborn. He reasons that it’s better for Sehun to stay with him, for the younger’s own safety. Luhan knows there are other reasons behind but he doesn’t think it is the right idea to tell the taller male. Sehun doesn’t need to know how much he likes his company.

“Sure, hyung. What are you making?” Sehun asks after giving the salt to Luhan.

Luhan smiles and adds the salt into the saucepan. “Corn soup.”

Sehun grins widely and walks over to Luhan and stands behind him, which makes the distance between them is only left a few inches apart. Sehun is oblivious but Luhan is getting nervous.

“It smells so good, hyung,” Sehun comments.

Luhan merely nods quietly and tries to move away. Sehun, who finally notices, quickly steps backward. “Sorry,” he mumbles softly.

Luhan smiles and shakes head. “It’s okay. Oh, I almost forgot. I want to show you something!”

Sehun raises his eyebrow. “What is it?”

Luhan doesn’t say anything else. He takes Sehun’s wrist and pulls him into a room Sehun has never been in before. Sehun stares in awe. Paintings with different sizes of canvases are hung on the wall, and Sehun feels like he is in some kind of an art exhibition.

“Y-You are an artist?”

Luhan laughs and smiles proudly, happy to see his reaction. “Yeah, do you like it?”

Sehun nods his head like a little kid. “Yes! This is totally cool, hyung! Whoa, I didn’t know I have a professional artist as a friend.”

If heads could get bigger, Luhan’s head would probably explode because of Sehun’s endless compliments. But he doesn’t get the chance to reply when he remembers about the soup in the kitchen.

“The soup!”

 


 

“Hyung, Christmas is in two days,” Sehun says out of the blue.

They are now on Luhan’s long couch, cuddling with each other under Luhan’s expensive blanket. It has been six days since the incident. Sehun came home on the fourth day but he still comes to visit Luhan every single day. Luckily for him, his father doesn’t even notice the change for now.

“You like Christmas, hmm?” Luhan asks as he tilts his head to the other side to glance at Sehun.

Sehun nods, his lips curving up into a small smile. “I do, hyung. We used to celebrate it together. Until, things changed, I guess.”

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows at the tone Sehun used. He sounded very casual yet a hint of bitterness was always there. He smiled, cupping Sehun cheeks before he said, “We will have the most beautiful Christmas together.”


 


 

“Sehun, can you help me with this? I hate to admit but you are taller than me,” Luhan shouted but lowered his voice at the last part, earning a soft chuckle from Sehun.

Sehun nodded as he got up from the couch, getting onto the dining chair to hang the garland above the curtain. Sehun smiled at the sight, the room was beautiful. Sehun’s eyes sparked like a little child, Luhan’s eyes gleamed like a man in love.

 


 

Sehun woke up at seven, the sun was barely up. He ran to open the curtain, showing the beautiful snowfall. He ran towards the bed to wake Luhan forcefully. Luhan only groaned in return, pulling his blanket up to bury himself under it. Sehun whined and tugged the blanket away.

“Luhan hyung! It’s Christmas!”

Luhan’s eyes fluttered open. He sat up slowly, stretching his back before sending a glare to Sehun. “Seriously? What time is it?”

Sehun shrugged after stealing a glance at the desk clock. “It’s seven, why?”

Luhan flicked Sehun’s forehead and smiled. “Nothing. You are so excited, aren’t you?”

Sehun nodded and grinned. “Yes, especially you said you have something for me.”

“You are such a kid,” Luhan mumbled and got up from the bed, leaving to the bathroom to wash up.

Sehun decided to wait in the living room, holding a little box behind his back. Sehun also had something for Luhan although he didn’t mention it to the older. Just in case he decided not to give it, he wouldn’t feel bad for the pretty faced man.

Sehun noticed that Luhan had finished washing up his face. He also noticed that the older man was making his way to the living room with a quite big box in hand. He felt somewhat embarrassed. Luhan had done so many things for him yet he was being a shameless brat.

Luhan finally handed the box to Sehun, a little shyly if he could say. “This is for you. Merry Christmas!”

Sehun dropped the box from his hand and took the box from Luhan. “Thank you, hyung. Can I open it now?”

Luhan nodded in excitement. “Yes, yes. I hope you will like it.”

Sehun unwrapped the nicely tied ribbon. He opened the box carefully, only to widen his eyes. It was a drawing of him and Luhan. It was not painted on canvas but it was beautifully drawn like always. The beautiful frame of silver and gold was protecting the paper.

“H…Hyung.”

Luhan studied Sehun’s expression, which was pretty much stiff and blank. He started to get worried if Sehun didn’t like the present.

“S… Sehunnie! If you don’t like it, you could have said it. I don’t mind. I mean, I know it’s not much but I didn’t know what to give you.”

Sehun quickly shook his head, his hands waving in front of Luhan as a sign of disagreement. “No! This is really beautiful,” he said.

Luhan finally let out a breath of relief and smiled. “Thank god, I’m glad you like it,” he continued.

Sehun closed the box again, putting it away next to him. Luhan had given him so much; he thought it was only right if he gave him something in return. He sneaked his hand behind his back, taking the small box unsurely. He bit his lower lips out of habit but he knew there was no turning back. Luhan had shown a confused look.

“What are you doing?”

Sehun eventually showed the box in front of him and closed his eyes in embarrassment. “F… For you. Merry Christmas.”

Luhan laughed at the cuteness of the younger but he decided not to say anything. He took the box. Although small, he was really happy Sehun actually thought of buying something for him.

“Hyung, it’s really embarrassing. Please don’t hope too high. I don’t have the money to buy something expensive and oh gosh I really-“

Luhan put a finger on his lips to stop the taller from rambling. “Stop it, Sehun. It’s not the end of the world.”

“It is!” Sehun whined childishly.

Luhan gave Sehun a little pinch before he opened the box. Sehun looked down, mentally slapping himself for being a little too daring.

“A mistletoe?”

Sehun puffed his cheeks, which were turning red. “Y… Yeah. I’m sorry. It’s useless.”

Luhan raised his eyebrow and laughed. “Why are you sorry? I can actually use this though?”

Sehun looked up to meet Luhan’s eyes for a brief second before he felt a pair of lips being softly pressed against his.

Sehun knew the real present he got was not the masterpiece Luhan gave, yet the beautiful artist himself.

 

Santa, I want someone who will love me and stay by my side, going through hardships and happiness together. Someone whom I will love and cherish, someone who will never leave like my mother did. This is one naïve wish I have, but I’m putting my whole heart into this. Wish me luck on finding them!

 



author's note
hiii! i know this is super late i was planning to update like last week my i had some trouble with my aff so yeah. anyway this one is the worse out of the three, i'm sorry! : ( and i will mark this as complete for now. i apologize i cannot write your otp < / 3

i'm planning to make a sequel to baekyeol. what do you think? please leave your thought in the comment box.