Cinnamon Buns Pt. 3

Eunhae Tales | Winter Edition

Donghae place one of those expensive looking porcelain plates in front of Hyukjae, who was pouting at the kitchen counter because Donghae was denying him of his bun cravings, and it wasn’t cinnamon buns he was craving for right now. Nevertheless, the plating of the festive treat seemed effortlessly exquisite, as expected of Donghae. Donghae made a normal cinnamon bun look expensive. The red velvet cinnamon bun sat in a pool of warm dark chocolate sauce, and the chocolate custard could be seen oozing from the tip of the bun, giving it a nice chocolaty glaze. Donghae had even dusted the bun with gold flecks for good measure.

 

“Wait,” Donghae said before Hyukjae could dig into his afternoon treat. He whipped out his phone and took several snapshots that he sent to the head patissier.

 

“Now, you may have the honours.” Donghae proclaimed and slid the plate closer to Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae slid the knife easily through the bun in a swift motion, and the molten chocolate custard flowed out from the centre of the bun. Hyukjae stuck out his bottom lip and nodded in an exaggerated manner to convey his approval. Donghae had outdone himself once again, incorporating the idea of a molten lava cake into the red velvet cinnamon bun.

 

“Impressive, Mr Lee.”

 

Hyukjae pierced a piece of the red bun and swirled it in the chocolate sauce before placing it daintily between his lips, closing his eyes as he savoured the treat. He couldn’t help but let out a moan at the burst of flavours in his mouth. The rich and warm chocolate tasted almost ic with the spicy cinnamon and not overly sweet chocolate custard. Donghae had never failed to amaze him with his talent at baking. Perhaps, what made Hyukjae fall head over heels with Donghae was his skillfulness with a whisk and an oven; and it just made Hyukjae love him even more right now.

 

When Hyukjae swallowed and opened his eyes, Donghae was staring at him with a twinkling expression. “I thought only I could make you moan like that, evidently I was wrong.”

 

“Maybe I should have an affair with these buns from now on.” Hyukjae lifted another forkful of the dessert to his lips and smirked back at Donghae.

 

“Honestly, how does it taste?” Donghae asked hopefully with his puppy eyes.

 

“Did that moan not express my opinion enough? Should I moan more?” Hyukjae replied with his mouth full of chocolate custard.

 

“I like hearing you saying it in words though, since you have such a way with words.” Donghae smiled endearingly at his boyfriend, who was spooning more chocolate custard into his mouth. Hyukjae was such a kid. He loved sweets with such fervor and sometimes Donghae wondered how Hyukjae would fulfill his sweet cravings in Donghae’s absence.

 

“It tastes delicious, as usual.” Hyukjae finally stopped inhaling the treat to speak.

 

“And?” Donghae urged him to continue.

 

Hyukjae tapped the fork against his lips in speculation, thinking of the right words. “Well, it feels like there’s a Christmas party in my mouth.”

 

Donghae burst out into laughter. “There’s a Christmas party in your mouth?”

 

Hyukjae stared at him, maligned. “You try it!” He stabbed a forkful of the treat, dipped in loads of chocolate sauce and forced into Donghae’s mouth.

 

Donghae’s eyes grew large as he savoured the flavours slowly.

 

“See, I’m right!” Hyukjae said triumphantly. “The flavours are so uplifting and they complement each other really well. It sort of lifts your spirits when you eat it, like there are really people dancing in your mouth. The only thing is that your could probably improve is to use more chocolate sauce, because it tastes so fine. And you know what will go really well with this? Hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and marshmallows on top. And maybe a drizzle of this amazing sauce on top –”

 

Donghae decided to stop Hyukjae’s rant with a close-lipped kiss that kind of blew Hyukjae’s mind away. Donghae’s kisses were really good. No, they were really amazing. They were the kind that made Hyukjae feel like he was dancing on fluffy, soft clouds and tingly all the way from the bottom of his stomach.

 

“What was that for?” Hyukjae asked, touching his lips like a high school boy that received his first kiss.

 

“You had some chocolate at the corner of your mouth for a while now. It was too tempting.”

 

“What! Lee Donghae!”

 

Donghae silenced him with another kiss.

 

“Thank you for your cinnamon bun craving. I think it would look great as a Christmas special at the patisserie. Do you want your second serving with hot chocolate?” Donghae said with all the sincerity in his heart.

 

“Yes! With marshmallows and lots of whipped cream on my hot chocolate!” Hyukjae demanded sassily.

 

“Anything for you, my cinnamon bun.”