So Cold.

Never-Ending Love Story.

                    I've had bad experiences with girls, they tell me they love me, but it always turns out that they tell a lot of guys that. The last girl I've had a relationship with was... I can’t even remember. I push them away; the few moments of happiness aren't worth torturing my heart.

"Hey, Hyukjae." my last ex-girlfriend greets as we bump into each other at Inkigayo. So casual, as if we were friends, as if she didn't play me.

"Hi." I say, bluntly. I can't help it; it's a reaction now to be cold towards any of them. To be cold to anyone who shows interest in me.

                    She smiles as if there's no problem, and walks away. Probably to her new boyfriend, or one of them. You're so stupid, Hyukjae. A true fool when it comes to love. As she walks away, I feel the sting in my knuckles and a burning sensation in my hand. It's a conditional response now; I broke my hand because of her. Stupid.

"Hyukjae-ah, you okay?" manager asks as she walks by me.

"Yeah." I answer, blunt as ever. Her eyes widen with shock. I quickly walk away, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you...
 

 

                    I walk down the hall of the building and see her again. I was right, she is with another guy, I quickly slip into the nearest room with an open door. I don't wanna be seen by her, or anyone, not like this. I sit on the floor, beneath the window, lights still off. Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do wrong? Am I not good enough? I grab hold of my elbows and rest my head on my forearms. I hear people talking the hall, lots of it and loudly. I should greet them, but not now. I shouldn't be seeing anyone like this. The loud chatter stops, they're probably all going backstage to watch performances now. I stay in my position, my mind going blank, gripping my elbows.

 

 

                    Suddenly, the muscles in my shoulder send a shock to the rest of my body, like an electric current. I look beside me; the person who touched me was sitting on the floor beside me.

She smiles at me, her eyes becoming crescents.

"Park Bom-ssi-" I was going to tell her to not mind me, but there was something in her expression that let me know she wouldn't leave.

                    She didn't say a word, and kept her gentle smile as she sat against the wall beside me. She let go of my shoulder; the current stopped flowing through my veins, but I didn't feel so dead anymore. In an instant, my anger, sadness, and embarrassment all surface. My expression must have been torn, because her kind smile turned into one of understanding.

"You don't need to say anything, Hyukjae-ssi. I'm not looking for an explanation." How did she see me? Why is she staying here with me, when we've never said more than a greeting? She and the rest of 2NE1 barely socialize, and yet she decides to stay here, essentially a stranger. My anger, sadness, embarrassment are now complimented with tiredness. I am tired. I'm tired of everything: hating, crying, all of it.

The peaceful silence is disturbed by frantic voices.

"Have you seen 2NE1's Park Bom? It's their turn to record their stage!" one asks urgently

"No, I haven't. Here, let's split up and look." the other voice answers.

"You-" I begin, but Park Bom just puts her index finger to her lips. Again, her facial expression is telling me that no amount of convincing would change her mind. Once the echoes of the running footsteps disappear, her hand falls to her lap again.

 

                    She smiles again, understanding as ever. Then, like a fool, tears begin to form on my eyes. I want to stop it, but I can't. To be honest, I'm not sure if it's my emotions getting back to me from the break up, or tears of gratefulness towards Park Bom.

 

                    As the tears win over me and splatter onto the floor, she sits quietly, slowly puts her arm behind me, and gently puts my head on her shoulder. My body shakes a little, from my silent cries. I don't know how long we stayed there for, but at that time, it didn't matter, all I knew was that I didn't want it to end.

 

~~~

 

                    After that moment, Park Bom and Hyukjae did bump into each other, every week at music programs. However, none of them ever spoke of that day. Not a single word, in fact, they greeted each other as if it never happened. But whenever Hyukjae said anything to her, as small as "hi", the electric current he felt in their embrace shook through his body. Even by knowing she was near, whether he saw her or not, he felt warmth spread from his chest to every other cell of his body.
 
 

 

Third Person's POV:
 
 

 

                    Park Bom still doesn't know why, what, or who put Hyukjae in that state that day. Nor did she really care for the answer. Park Bom, who assumed her action was really small, didn't know that her small act of kindness gave Hyukjae relief of many years' worth of agony.

                As for Hyukjae, within that moment of their embrace, he could've swore he felt something he hadn't for a long time. A heartbeat. 

 

~~~~

Hey! i know its been a while :)

But i'm gonna start writing more oneshots of Eunhyuk and Bom and post them here [if its not relevant to the 'Super New... Evolution?" fanfic of mine :) ]

Hope you enjoy it! :)

 

If you were curious about the title, its called "so cold" because i suddenly got the inspiration to write this when i saw a video of eunhyuk dancing to chris brown's song, "So Cold." LOL. anyways...

just thought i'd share the link too,  :) he's such a good dancer!!!

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=476QKWlaG58 

                                                   - Bebexoxo

P.S: In case you havent seen it already, please check the description and foreword as it has been changed :)