I've Got The Date... Now What?

Never-Ending Love Story.

                                  Sequel to 'Tongue Tied' by Bebexoxo! Hyukjae's dreams finally come true when Park Bom agrees to go out with him. But there's a dilemma... What's he gonna do? He can barely talk to her without sounding idiotic. Will he be able to woo her in one date?

*Just a note in case you guys get confused... when text is in italics, It's Hyukjae's thoughts. Unless stated otherwise :P

And i know this is a long oneshot! but i couldn't cut any parts out! i hope you enjoy this as much as i enjoyed writing it :)
Comment and subscribes welcome!! :)
btw... i've been thinking...should i write more oneshots for this couple? :)

Tell me what you think!!!!!

- Bebexoxo
 

 

~~~

  Should I go in to get her? Or should I just stay here and wait? Hyukjae thought as he sat in the car.Oh! I know! I'll wait for a few minutes... AND THEN I'll go get her. Yeah. Suddenly, he hears a knock on the car. Oh crap, bad first impression, I locked her out of the car. He looks over to see not Park Bom, but Seungri. Hyukjae unlocks the door, and is just about to get out when Seungri opens the door and sits in the passenger seat. They greet each other smiling, with light tones. What’s happening? Is Park Bom not coming? He thought nervously. Then Seungri says,

"Okay Hyung, here's the thing... I know Bom Noona is really attractive, but I just wanted to tell you that she is really innocent. And not that I'm implying anything about your character or anything, but all of the YG family members want to make sure she's okay. And to be honest, when I heard it was YOU who was taking her out, I was sort of relieved. You're a good guy, and...blahblahblahblahblahblah..."

Holy crap man, is he going to babble on forever? Is it company procedure? I mean, I remember 2NE1 saying that in order to date the male had to go through a bunch of interviews... And if Seungri is first… Will I ever be able to lea-

"blahblahblahblahblah...and I know that I'm your dongsaeng and that you probably find it really disrespectful that I'm having this conversation with you, but I need to be serious here... And quite frankly, I hope you have taken what I have said into your mind... It’s better that I had this talk with you before you meet T.O.P hyung under these new circumstances... We felt that maybe he should be the LAST to chat with you before President Yang Hyun Suk. We all know that T.O.P hyung is really protective over Bommie Noona, so we thought it'd be better to talk to you about him before you two meet. Oh, and they don't have any history or anything, it's just that he... Let's just say that after being so close together for so many years, there's a bond there. Not intimate, I swear, just… family love."

T.O.P?... T.o.p... T.O.P?!?! O.o

"Woah woah woah, wait a second, could you repeat-" Park Bom knocks on the car window, interrupting him.  DAMN. I should've listened to him. I don't have anything against T.OP…  but C'mon, he looks really intimidating.

"What are you doing in there, little seunghyun?" she asks, curiously, sounding like she suspected something fishy.

Seungri just steps out, "oh nothing Noona, have fun... ^^" he smiled cutely at the end. NOO... don't leave, you still didn't repeat what you said! Damn. Seungri closes her door, and gestures to Hyukjae: pointing his head, while nodding his head quickly. This only made Hyukjae feel even more nervous... He didn't even get to hear what Seungri actually said. Of course I would choose to stop paying attention at the most important part, He thought irritatedly.

 

                    "Soo... Where are we going?" Park Bom asks with a cheery tone. She truly is so adorable... I can't believe she looks so pretty on a daily basis...

"Well... I was thinking that maybe... We could uh... Just walk around the ... ?" he says, confused with his own words to the point where he couldn't finish his sentence.

"I heard that you like to walk around at night for the fresh air, so I thought maybe you'd want to..." he babbled, trying to redeem himself from his last statement. Damn it Hyukjae, she asks a simple question and you already said so much.

"That sounds nice! I guess you want the place to be a surprise then..." Park Bom smiles, looking ahead. Phew... Glad she thinks that way, Hyukjae thought, relieved.

 

                    They just chatted for the rest of the car ride. Hyukjae still struggled with finding his words, so he decided to ask more questions instead, letting her do more talking. While they talked, Hyukjae always smiled, not only because he found her very funny, but because she was actually sitting beside him. And because they were talking to each other, not just greeting or congratulating each other. They were talking directly to one another, not in a group. He couldn't hold in his immense happiness.
 
 
                    They parked the car, Park Bom glowing with curiosity. She didn't recognize this area.

"Have you eaten yet?" Hyukjae asks

"Nope, are we going to the restaurant now?" she asks curiously.

"Mmm... It's not a restaurant, but I thought this would be more fun" what did Hyukjae have in mind? He was taking her to the night market, there was an 'Around the World' event, where there were many food booths/stands representing various places in the world. Why did he choose this? He knew from when they guested on Strong Heart, and because he watches 2NE1TV. Enough said.

                    He was right, When Park Bom smelled and saw the booths, she got really excited.

"Wow! I never knew they had stuff like this here!!" she exclaims. Hahahahaha, she's so cute.

"Well then... Let's go!" Hyukjae replies, just as excited. But his excitement came from the fact that she was excited, not because of the food :P

 

                    The food was delicious, and they had so many different things to try. Good thing for the two of them, they could both eat a lot. They were munching away as they were walking from booth to booth, both smiling happily. Hyukjae, now eating a beef and fishball skewer, gets surprised when Park Bom suddenly says,

"You should try this! It tastes so good!!!" she says animatedly as she pushes her cob of corn towards his face. However, Hyukjae was still a little shocked by her random outburst and gesture. He seemed to have lost his brain.

 "Uhh... Whaaa?... I mean... Huh...?" is all he could say. He finally grasped what she had said, and suddenly felt a strange happiness in his chest. Why? She just offered to share her corn with me... He thought happily. He knew it was her favorite food, and the fact that she wanted to share it with him, sent his heart flying.

"C'mon! Just try it! I didn't eat this side yet, if that's why you don't want to..." she says, a little embarrassed as she finished her sentence.

"No! I'll try it!" Hyukjae said happily, he held the tip of it, while she held the other end, and took a bite. It did taste good, he thought. But he couldn't decipher whether it was actually the food itself, or because it was fed to him by an angel.

 

                    They continued till they went to all the booths, and everything went well... Until they went to pay at the end. Park Bom was adamant about paying or at the very least, cover for herself. Hyukjae refused her offer, saying that he should pay, since it was a date. Park Bom still insisted on paying, bringing up that she was a Noona to him, and should pay.

"No, I don't care if you're my Noona. This is a date, so I think that things like age and 'age customs' shouldn't matter." that was the first sentence that Hyukjae said that night with no stuttering, babbling or confusion. After he said this, Park Bom just smiled and nodded, thanking him. Hmm... Maybe he isn't as shy now... She thought, glad.

 

 

"Woah!! Where is this?!" Park Bom asked excitedly as they reached a secluded beach area. Good, it seems like she's been having a good time, Hyukjae thought proudly.

"It’s a place where my members come to get away. It's really nice and relaxing, especially when you feel overworked and stressed." She stopped smiling. Shoot, did I say something wrong? Does she feel uncomfortable now or something? Maybe she took my words the wrong way...?

"Are you sure it's okay that I'm here?" she asks, looking concerned. "If it's only somewhere you and your members go, we can go somewhere else," she adds. Oh... Phew... So I didn't screw up.

"Nah... It's fine. I wanted to bring you here and share this place with you."

"... Okay, if you say so. And thanks, this place is so pretty..." she says trailing off, looking at the sea. "I need to repay you somehow," she adds with a small smile.

"No you don't. You've already shared something with me…" you've  already shared your presence with me. That's enough for me to give you everything, he thought to himself. She turns her head, with a confused look on her face,

"Huh?... What did I share?"

"Your... Corn :)" Hyukjae answered, he was going to say what he thought earlier, but decided that it would've been awkward after. But what he said was true too.

Park Bom just laughs, and says, "you're so foolish... That's not enough!" but it is, Hyukjae answered in his mind.

 

                   

                    Hyukjae set up a large blanket, and brought a tiny picnic basket [courtesy of Donghae, who put it in the trunk of the car, and only texted Hyukjae about it after he had left to pick her up].

"Have you ever wished you could just drift away into the ocean?" Park Bom asks, looking at dark sea, reflecting the night sky. "You wouldn't know where you're going, or when you'll get there... But you can always find something to look forward to. No stress, no work, just waiting for something to happen." She was deep in thought. While she mused, Hyukjae couldn't help but stare at her. Her pale, flawless skin, her large eyes, long legs... It's like all the porcelain dolls were modeled after her.

"You okay, Hyukjae?" she asked after she saw him looking dazed. Oh no. She caught me staring. Just perfect -.-"

"Uh... Yeah, I'm...fine" his sentences breaking apart again.

She just laughs, "Haha, sorry if I'm boring you"

"No, no, it's not that. I'm just... "

"I'm sorry, I downed the mood, let's cheer up." she said, before grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the water.

 

 

                    They just ran around the shore, going no deeper than their ankles. Except Park Bom, who was wearing shorts and had removed her shoes, ran until the water was knee high, to escape Hyukjae after she splashed him a couple of times.

"Oh c'mon! That's not fair!" Hyukjae whined. This is the third time she ran into the deeper end, right after she splashed him with two slapfulls of saltwater.

She just giggled happily, glad she decided to wear shorts. "Achew!!!" she sneezed afterwards, aw... That's such a weird, cute sneeze, Hyukjae thought. Good opportunity Hyukjae, get her back...

"Uh oh, maybe we should get going now. I give up okay? You win." Park Bom looked at him suspiciously, still unconvinced.

"C'mon," he continued, "I'm more soaked than you are anyways, I don't stand a chance against you're skilled water splashing" he jokes, showing his gummy smile.

Park Bom finally moved, walking towards the shore. She chose to take precautions though, and walked a good four meters away from his position. Yes... Just a little closer... And I'll get her this time..., he thought, still smiling gummily, because he was anticipating his success. Okay, now! He sprinted towards her, and she screamed as she tried to turn and run. She lost her balance, and began to fall backwards.

                    Just as she was about to fall, Hyukjae grabbed her and pulled her up to his chest. They both froze for a second; both of them needed to take in what just happened.

"Ahem... Well... I think you owe me one now." Hyukjae says awkwardly as he loosens his hold on her. She just nods at him, pursing her lips. His hand falls down her arm, and gently hits her hand. Without them even realizing what they were doing, their fingers were intertwined. It felt so normal, so complete; it was as if they had just found their missing puzzle piece. They walked and grabbed their shoes, the blanket and basket, and slowly walked to the car. Neither of them said anything, but they both wished that they had held hands earlier... Because neither one of them wanted to let go.
 
 

"Good thing I had my jacket in the car, or else you would've gotten sick," Hyukjae said. Park Bom just pulled the collar up slightly, nodding, while trying to grab all the warmth it could give.

"Just take it with you, I don't need it anyways," Hyukjae told her as he parked in front of the YG building.

"Okay, thanks. I'll be sure to return it soon," she smiled gratefully. Hyukjae nods, this is it Hyukjae, just go for it. Park Bom must've been thinking the same thing, because they both leaned towards each other at the same time. They were both hesitant, even though they both knew what was going to happen. Their lips were so close they could feel each other's warm breath...

"Achoo." Hyukjae sneezed, tilting his head downwards. His lips grazing her check as he sneezed. Oh no. Worst nightmare. The most embarrassing thing that could EVER happen JUST happened. Why? Why me? Why NOW? With her?! Couldn't this have happened years ago? He thought angrily, whiney, and sadly all at the same time. Park Bom didn't say anything and was looking down, her face unable to be seen. Crap she's grossed out. Way to screw up the best day of your life Hyukjae. She bursts out laughing, her whole body shaking. An embarrassed Hyukjae just holds the top of the steering wheel, resting his head on his hands, trying to erase the memory.

"Hyukjae?...” She asks concerned, after her laughing fit.

"... I'm so... Sorry. That was just really embarrassing. I'm sorry." he says, his voice sounding dead. At that, Park Bom just smiles, her eyes becoming crescents again.

"Oh... It's okay; it's not a big deal. Things like this happen... Sometimes... Not thatI've heard of... But I'm SURE that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE has done that."

Hyukjae just nods. Refusing to look at her because of his shame.
“By the way... Did you wipe your mouth yet? :S"

He looks up, out the windshield checking his mouth with his hand; still refusing to look in her direction and meet her eyes.

He checks, "yup"
"Uhh... You sure? I think you missed a spot :S"

"Where?" he asks as he turns. To his surprise, he turns his face to see her face right in front of his, her eyes closed, their lips just gently touching. He freezes, and eyes widen. She pulls away quickly and whispers, "Nevermind, I got it" and opens the car door. She waves bye and gets out of the car, slamming it gently and quickly walks into the building. Even after she went in, Hyukjae was still frozen in place. However, his shocked expression was now replaced with another gummy smile. He shakes his head, laughing and smiling to himself like a fool as he drives home.
 
 

                    When he got home, the members ambushed him with endless questions. But Hyukjae didn't say a word and just went into his room, still smiling goofily to himself. He didn't say anything, not because he was embarrassed by his accident, but because he and Bom had locked lips that night. And only they had the key. The way Hyukjae thought it should be, only between them two.