Don't Wanna Play Chase

That Exact Eye-smile

Recess on a first day at a new school. It would be troublesome for anyone. But for Stephanie, it went suprisingly well.

"Stephanie! Wanna play chase? Everyone from the class is playing it!" a blonde girl grabbed her hand and dragged her.

"Okay!!" she giggled and willingly followed. Once again, her eyes sparkled and the girl stood, stunned.

"You have got really preetty eyes. Did you know that?" the girl complimented.

Stephanie had been said that since pre-school, "Thanks."

Most of the class was already playing tips at the oval. A boy playing, passed by and tapped her on the shoulder, "Hey, Stephanie! You can be 'it'."

Then he shouted, "The new girl, Stephanie is 'it'!!!!!"

The boys and girls dispersed, running as far away from Stephanie as possible. Laughing, she chased after.

Being a fast runner, taking after her own mother, she caught the blonde girl in no time. "Tip! Your 'it'!"

But she whined, "You didn't touch me yet. I'm not 'it'." and she ran off.

Stephanie could've sworn she got her. She sighed, *Oh, well... I don't mind being 'it'*

In the next few minutes, she had caught over 5 classmates, all claiming that they hadn't being tipped yet.

Stephanie thought it was really unfair. And she sighed. Her mother had told her to be nice to everyone since it was her first day.

"SOMEONE CAN TAKE MY SPOT FOR A WHILE! I'M GOING TO THE TOILET!" she shouted across the oval. She caught the attention of everyone in the playground- whether it was her strong, melodious voice or the fact that she was announcing that she was going to pee, so shamelessly.

Soon, the class students started to bicker about who should take on the 'terrible' job of being 'it'.

Having had enough, Stephanie trudged back to the classroom.

"Seriously. People just don't grow up do they? No one wants to be in. That doesn't mean I should always be in. They should honestly play fairly." Stephanie mumured to herself, not noticing the other person in the room who looked at her curiously.

"I mean, I used to be like that when I was smaller but my mum and Michelle taught me that it was just a game." She continued talking to herself

"*Ahem*" Jay coughed "hello? I'm here too." he exclaimed.

In the middle of talking nonsense to herself, Stephanie slowly looked up at Jay. "Oh! Hi! Sorry, I thought-"

Jay chuckled. "No, go on. Everyone knows I'm invisible. EVERYONE ignores me. Trust me."

Stepanie eyes widened "Invisible? Like a nobody?" *that's so sad*

Jay meekly smiled, "I don't really mind."

"W-well. I think you're special." Stephanie learnt to say that from her mum who always said that when she was upset.

The two of them exchanged smiles. Was this the beginning of a new friendship?