Friends for eternity

That Exact Eye-smile

Yes, it was a new friendship that lasted until middle school. In middle school, the 2 somehow managed to be the most popular students. The two were known as the 'hot korean couple'. It was humiliating at times.

"HOT DUDE!" the girls always nodded at him. Jay would hide his red face in his collar.

"HAHAHA! That's sooooo funny!" Stephanie rolled on the floor laughing at her bestie. That's when the school boys would crowd around, screaming mayday, thinking she fainted.

Now it was Jay's turn to laugh and point at her, "Are you serious? Hey guys! She's alive you know?"

Embarrased, she stood up and rushed to her classroom pulling Jay with her, leaving the male students stunned at how a fainted person could just disappear.

"Hey! Stop it!" she shook his arm but Jay clutched onto his stomach and laughed harder.

"Hey!!!!!" but he still continued laughing.

Stephanie pouted, "You know what? For today I'm going to sit next to Pete. I'm sure he'll welcome me without laughing like an idiot."

Jay abruptly stopped. "What?!"

It wasn't the same without his bestie sitting next to him. While the teacher lectured on, the two of them would always steal secret glances at eachother and silently giggle. But today, he couldn't do that. He looked up to see Stephanie working hard as Pete stared at her with sparkly, admiring eyes.

Jay scoffed. Stephanie told him that she wasn't going to date until guaduation but he didn't know if she could keep that promise anymore with American guys drooling, wherever she went.

"Jay~ I know you have Stephanie but if she ditched you, I'm always here. A-and if you get to know me better, you might like me too." the girl behing him tapped his shoulder and whispered. 

He groaned. What was with the people thinking that they were a couple? But he decided it was best to keep the act up if he didn't want to be herded by other girls. "Er. Yeah. I have uh... Stephanie and I think I should er.... be a good b-boyfriend."

The girl shrunk back into her seat with a huff.

The loud chiming sound finally rang for lunch. Everyone dashed out. However, the two were the same for 5 years. They remained behind.

Feeling a little bad, Jay walked over and hugged Stephanie's back. "I'm sorry! I really am, considering that you may be on your 'monthly gift'."

She blushed red and hit him softly, "You didn't need to say that."

He chuckled and nodded, "The point is, it was soooo boring without you. Don't ever run away."

Stephanie exchanged smiles and held out a pinky, "I won't run away. Beffie Forever!"

"Beffie Forever!" the two twisted their pinkies.

Jay leaned in. "Oh. Just one more thing; be careful of Pete. His eyes were bulging and you might have to forget the 'no dating' rule." he winked

Stephanie giggled and nodded. "I will be careful. Whatever you say, bestie."