Queer Boy

That Exact Eye-smile

"Hello! My name is Stephanie and I'm 8! Please be nice!" her lovely voice mesmirised the students- all but the boy sitting at the back. Her eyes twinkled as she smiled, as if she had stolen the crescent moon and stuck it to her eyes (a/n that might sound a little creepy).

The teacher Ms Anderson was relieved this new girl didn't cry or shyly run into a corner like every other new student did.

"Welcome Stephanie. You may choose any spare seat. The person sitting next to you will be your buddy." she informed then went back to drawing animals on the board.

Stephanie nodded then skipped towards the back. There sat a boy who was emotionless.

"Hi! What's your name! I'm sitting next to you from now and You're gonna be my buddy!" Stephanie plopped herself onto the spare seat, oblvious of the unwelcome aura around the boy.

Stephanie's face fell when she realised the boy wasn't replying. "Um..." she looked at the name tag on the table "you're Jay? That's a really cool name! Like the letter J in the alphabet!" her eyes shined as she began to laugh again, only to realise that the boy wasn't paying any attention to what she said and still sat blankly.

*Well, isn't this a little bit awkward?* She looked back to the teacher and added alittle comment, "Ms Angerson's a good drawer isn't she?"

For a split second, Jay glanced sideways and replied, "Her name is Anderson with a D not a G. You should know that."

Stephanie chuckled at her own mistake. *At least he's not mute and he said something to me- even if it wasn't the nicest thing*

The bell rand for recess. Grabbing their small juice poppers, the children ran off into the playground. Stephanie slowly stood up and saw that Jay was still sitting, staring into space. *Isn't he going out?* she thought but it was best to talk too much to the boy.

She shrugged and exited the room.