Two

Mistaken Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
TWO

 

Opulent off the shoulder black evening gown. Branded satin envelope party handbag with limited edition. Shiny and elegant white embroidred beads heels. Also diamond necklace that Jiyeon did not even know had been stored in the bottom drawer of her dresser table.

Jiyeon hadn’t been wearing all of those since she awoke from the coma. The opportunity to be invited to a luxurious party was very small for the meantime. As the wife of a Kim Jongin, Jiyeon must be accustomed to living simply. Luxurious facilities during the time she got in the Park’s family, must be stopped because she had to get used to living with different social standards. Her husband’s social standards.

Jiyeon smiled looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her slender body looked so elegant in a long black gown. Her feet fitted with white high heels shoes. Like a Cinderella, the pair of shoes were meant for her feet. No other women were able to wear it and looked so much pretty like her. At least, in her minds.

Her long brown hair fell in loose and naturally over her shoulder. With classic shiny hairpin pinned a little of her hair, she looked so pure.

The conclusion was... she looked perfect.

Jiyeon was satisfied with her own appearance. Although she almost did not recognize the figure she saw in the mirror, all of them felt really familiar. All the fancy stuff she wore on her body felt familiar.

"Are you ready?"

Jiyeon turned her body to the sound source.

Kim Jongin stood in the doorstep. He wrapped his body with a black tuxedo. His hair was styled up by the famous hair stylist few hours ago. If not because it was his first official party since he worked in Park Company, then maybe he would be wearing a simple suit for a party tonight.

Jiyeon smiled at Jongin’s reaction when he saw her appearance. Jongin’s lips parted and his eyes widened in awe.

Jiyeon walked to his side and nudged Jongin’s elbow playfully. She laughed silently, showing a row of neat white teeth with an excitement after getting praise through Jongin’s body language.

"What?" Jongin asked with sudden flat expression. He wanted to tease his woman because obviously, Jiyeon looked so excited over her own appearance. "I do not know if my wife is narcissistic, loves to look her own appearance in the mirror.”

Jiyeon’s laughter suddenly disappeared, replaced by a frown on the lips and forehead. Jongin laughed at it. His hands rose up to her head and he played with the latter’s loose hair on the sides of her face before he slipped it behind her ear.

"Okay, you look beautiful," Jongin whispered in Jiyeon’s ear.

That short sentece was efective to make Jiyeon blush on both cheeks. A sense of warmth was spread over her face. How happy she could be because man like Kim Jongin loved her. Jiyeon sincerely hoped that her happiness lasted forever.

Jiyeon knew that she could not reverse the situation by making Jongin blushed, so she immediately looked at the clock in the wall. "We’re almost late!" - was a phrase she chose to make Jongin finish teasing her. Without wasting any time, Jiyeon pulled the man’s arm, and dragged him with her out of their room to the parking lot.

At each step, Jiyeon was smiling. She was like hitting jackpot. After completing incident last week with a simple date between herself and Jongin on Mount Namsan, this time Jiyeon and Jongin given the opportunity to attend a massive party by Chairman Cho of Sila Corporation, which two months ago successfully cooperated with Park Company. As Jongin right now was the only son in law of Mrs. Park and later his career at Park Company would go uphill, he was invited to attend the party as an official form of introductions to the businessman.

"Why do you keep smiling like that, Jiyeon?" Jongin asked after spending one-two seconds to glance at the woman sitting next to him.

"I can’t wait to set my feet into the party," Jiyeon said honestly with a face full of excitement. "By the way, you look handsome like that," she added as she forgot to praise her husband earlier.  

Jongin chuckled. "You've seen me many times, talked with me for so long, and in fact we've been on this way for nearly half an hour, but you just compliment me right now?"

"Sorry," Jiyeon said, smiling sheepishly. "I was too excited by the party tonight."

Yes, Jongin knew it. He could see in Jiyeon’s wide smile.

Initially, Jongin thought that his biggest record to make Jiyeon so happy after their wedding was when they were dating to Mount Namsan last week. At that time, Jongin swore that the whole workload and his anxiety that had haunted him in sleep immediately disappeared when he saw Jiyeon smiling happily. After that, Jongin became more confident in leading their household. The spirits to leading the household that originally wavered and destroyed by something, now appeared again although not in such great shape.

Unfortunately, despite he felt happy seeing woman next to him smiling widely, one fact made him disappointed. His spirits to lead their household that had awakened before, fell to the bottom because he realized that Jiyeon’s happiness couldn’t be bought by his standards. She liked fancy stuff more than the simple one. She liked attending luxurious party better than going a date with him to Mount Namsan. It was not like Jongin didn’t know Jiyeon felt happy when they go to date. It was just... he felt helpless. The way Jiyeon smiled tonight compared to the last week seemed different. Jongin was scared that Jiyeon’s one year ago back soon before he prepared everything.

"Wow!" Jiyeon widened her eyes, enjoying view of the hall party she stepped in. Not remembering that she already came to the similar party dozens of times, she admired every details of existing decor.

Jongin wanted to advise his wife to behave more gracefully when he saw Jiyeon herself changed her like-children-attitude into the elegant Jiyeon. Just when Park Sanghyun—Jiyeon’s older brother—came to introduce them to Chairman of Sila Corporation, Jiyeon had been walking gracefully with her chin slightly raised. Looking at it, Jongin then walking awkwardly beside her. He didn’t know why must he suddenly felt so much pressure between his wife and his brother in law.

"Calm down, Jongin!" Sanghyun said gently, patting Jongin’s shoulder after noticing how nervous his brother in law was.

Jongin laughed silently. He breathed in and out slowly for several times to calm himself who suddenly felt nervous.

"Why?" Jiyeon was wondering. She didn’t catch the clue when Jongin looked nervous at his preparation. The man next to her seemed so confident before. He liked... Jongin. A man Jiyeon could lean her problems.

Jongin shook his head, assuring his wife.

Jiyeon bought the lie. The woman then asked, “May I wander around here alone? It seems I can meet my colleague.”

Both Jongin and Sanghyun raised their eye brows.

“Excuse me? You know no one.”

“She know someone,” Jongin cut Sanghyun’s words. “Do you mean Lee Hyun Woo?”

Jiyeon nodded. “He is one of them, but I am sure I will meet someone else.”

Jongin didn’t ask for much details. Sometimes... woman has so much intuition in their life.

"Later... after you meet with Mr. Oh In Gyu and his nephew," Sanghyun replied shortly, making Jiyeon pouted her lips.

Not wasting much times, Sanghyun led the way to Chairman of Sila Corporation. They passed several people of various age ranges who wore expensive suits, generally they were over four decades.

When they were close enough to see where the Director Oh was standing, Jiyeon clutched her husband's arm as her two eyes captured a figure she recognized.

"Ah, so they are people you’re looking for?" Director Oh asked as he stopped paying attention to his nephew who stood beside him.

Sanghyun nodded. "Director Oh, let me introduce you to Park Ji... ah, Kim Jiyeon, I mean,” Sanghyun corrected his sister’s name as he remembered Jiyeon had been married to Kim Jongin. “She is my sister. And the man next to him is Kim Jongin, my brother in law.”

“Nice to meet you. I am Oh In Gyu, Director of Sila Corporation.”

“Nice to meet you too, Director Oh,” Jongin replied slowly, following by Jiyeon behind him.

Both Jongin and Jiyeon then eyed the handsome man beside Director Oh. The man who showed his gorgeous smile.

Jongin tried to ignore the presence of another young man. He asked for Chairman Cho’s existence since the said man hadn’t showed his nose.

"May I know where is Chairman Cho right now, Director Oh?" Jongin asked politely.

The handsome man, Oh Sehun, raised his brow because he felt slightly offended. He knew for sure Jiyeon’s husband purposely skipped his introduction. But he tried to show his smile... or smirk... because he could feel there was an urgency detected in faint voice coming out from Jongin’s mouth. Maybe Sehun’s existence made Jongin feel nervous. More nervous than before.

After all, Sehun was Jongin’s fellow student in university and Jiyeon’s former best friend.

"Chairman Cho has to deal some problems caused by his son, but I guarantee he'll be right back," Director Oh answered.

Jongin tried really hard not to show any weird expression despite he really displeased by the answer he got.

"Sorry if I ask Sanghyun specifically to take you and your beautiful wife’s time, but my nephew here...” he pointed at Sehun who at that time crossed his hands, “said that he knows you two personally.”

Jiyeon nodded her head slowly. “Yes, we do.”

“What is it? Why the atmosphere suddenly feel awkward?” Director Oh asked confusedly. “Is that something that I didn’t know?”

“No, of course,” Jongin said. “We just... it has been long time since the last time we met.”

Sehun nodded. He reached out his hand first to shaking hand with Jiyeon’s, ignoring the fact that Jongin stood closer to him than Jiyeon.

“Long time no see, Jiyeonnie!” Sehun said with gorgeous smile he had in his face. “I heard something happened to you.”

"You know something has happened to me?" Jiyeon asked, little surprised.

"About the accident? Yes, of course," Sehun replied while enjoying handshake between them.

Jongin tried to remain his flat expression. He tried not to be provoked by Sehun’s hostility that had shown secretively to himself. How Sehun smiled at Jiyeon and shook his hand with his wife’s, Jongin knew Sehun had another purpose. Sehun might want to confirm the news he heard before. About Jiyeon had an amnesia. And then what would he do after he know about it? Jongin didn’t know. He just knew that was not something good.

“Oh Sehun is my nephew,” Director Oh said, stealing their attention. “He is a financial manager in Sila, but I guarantee Sanghyun and Jongin will meet him often since his job prospects are very well there, almost showing much progress everyday. I believe his position will continue to rise.”

Sehun smiled shyly while Jiyeon looked at him proudly.

“Emm... why don’t the three of you have personal conversation? Maybe to catch up something?” Director Oh asked, staring at Sanghyun who had been silent. “Is that okay?”

“I guess it’s okay.”

"Okay, we'll go for a while," Director Oh said, laughing lightly. "Make sure immediately approached us after you finish whatever conversation you have because I believe Chairman Cho will arrive soon."

Sehun and Jongin nodded simultaneously. Jiyeon herself didn’t feel it was important to response.

After Director Oh and Park Sanghyun left, physical contact between Jiyeon and Sehun—which had been strangely still persist without them knowing—apart. Sehun sighed, feeling disappointed, which Jongin successfully noticing it. Sehun himself aware of it, but he did not give a damn. On the contrary, he even smiled smugly staring at his own palm that lose contact with woman he missed the most for months.

"How are you, Oh Sehun?" Jiyeon asked. "I see you haven’t changed."

"I'm good, and... of course

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter