Three

Mistaken Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
THREE

 

“Can we talk?”

Jongin smirked. His back faced his interlocutor. While Sehun asked to talk with him, Jongin’s eyes still fixed at the woman he had married with.

Honestly, Jongin knew that Sehun would come to talk about Jiyeon. The way Sehun eyed his woman, Jongin knew the said man still had feelings for his wife. He knew for sure Sehun wouldn’t want to let her go. In the said man’s dictionary, there wasn’t word ‘give up.’ Sehun was too self centered. He thought higher about himself. Sehun was sure Jiyeon belong to him since he was richer, more handsome, and smarter than Jongin. Sehun wouldn’t see Jongin as his rival. At least, before he came to this party.

After Jongin turned his heels to face Sehun, he could see the mocking face from the said man. What was that for?

“I never know our former department psychology had bright student like you,” Sehun said while crossing his hands, sarcasm could be detected from his tone. “You really know how to brainwashed someone.”

Jongin narrowed his eyes at the man in front of him. He purposely avoided Sehun while the latter talked to Jiyeon, but was it the reply he got from him? Mockery? There were already thousand reasons for him to hate Sehun, but right now the said man came to offer another reason for Jongin to hate him more.

“Thank you.”

Of course, that was not the proper reply for Sehun’s mockery. Jongin just didn’t know how to reply his words directed to him.

For fractions of second, Sehun was dumbfounded. Lucky for Jongin because Sehun failed to recognize the meaning of his ‘thank you.’ Sehun thought Jongin replied with the same sarcasm as his, not knowing that actually Jongin just not know how to reply with so much confidence.

“Enjoy it while you can, Kim!” Sehun said with so much hatred shown in his face. “Because when she recovered and regain all her memories, you’ll be doomed.”

“What about you?”

“Sorry?” Sehun maintained his flat expression, but only God and himself knew how much he was shocked when Jongin asked him what would Sehun do if Jiyeon regained her memories.

What about you? What about Sehun?

“You know what I’m talking about,” Jongin said calmly. “You are not deaf.”

Sehun clenched his fist, trying as much as possible not to be seen by the other. He coughed a little when he needed more time to find the right word to turn the table.

“I never take an advantage of her when she has amnesia. Unlike you.”

Jongin laughed lightly, making Sehun burned in anger.

“We both take an advantage of her,” Jongin said. He stared at Sehun while he said another sentence, but actually his stare already told Sehun everything. “You know my secret, I know yours. So, what will you do? Talk to Jiyeon that she never love me before an accident? Or you keep your mouth shut because I will keep your secret too.”

Sehun was taken aback by his threat. He was already turn his heel, wanting to leave him, but he cancelled his plan.

Sehun pointed his index finger to Jongin’s face and said, “I surely missed how bad you were before.”

“So did I.”

Sehun scoffed. “You think you win over me, huh?! Love... is something that you can’t buy. Especially hers.”

“I never have much money like what you might have,” Jongin said with steady calm tone. “But, Sehun! You know that trust is something that you can’t buy with money too, right? If she remembers everything...”

Sehun grabbed his collar and ready to punch him, but Sanghyun came from nowhere to stop him.

“Stop! Just stop!!!”

Some people turned their head toward the scene. Luckily, Jongin remained calm and Sanghyun smiled very naturally while embracing Sehun’s shoulders, so people turned their attention to what they were doing before.

“What are you doing, hmm?” Sanghyun asked in very nice tone, but it was sending shiver to both spines. “I played along with you two. You two don’t want people know about your real relationship, right?”

Sehun pulled away from Sanghyun’s embrace. He lowered his gaze to the floor while tidying his tuxedo.

“Oh Sehun!” Sanghyun’s call made Sehun stop whatever he was doing.

When Sehun stared at his ex lover’s brother, all of his emotions shown without being able to be covered. Right now, there wasn’t The Cold Oh Sehun. There wasn’t someone who easily bullied others with his words. Right now, there was Oh Sehun who had so much hatred and disappointment toward the older man.

“I am sorry,” — was the only sentence Sanghyun could say before Sehun left the place.

Sanghyun was taken aback of how easily Sehun dumped him when Director Oh didn’t around. Sehun immediately dropped his acting around him when his uncle didn’t stand between them.

Sanghyun understood how miserable Sehun might feel to him.

Sehun was disappointed. He had raised his hopes on the blessing he want to get from Sanghyun, but in the end Sanghyun chose to siding his opponent.

“He’ll be okay.” Jongin decided to speak out to calm down his brother in law.

Sanghyun nodded in agreement. Although he was still kinda feel bad because he lost someone who he considered as his brother, he knew nothing he could do to gain Sehun’s trust again. Jiyeon was more important than Sehun in Sanghyun’s life. And he knew, trusting Jongin is more soothing than trusting Sehun to be his sister’s husband.

If only Jiyeon had not been so stubborn, the situation wouldn’t had turned messier.

“Where is Jiyeon?” Sanghyun finally realized his little sister was missing.

“She meets Hyun Woo,” Jongin answered while pointing at his woman who talked very enthusiastically with Hyun Woo.

“Anyway, I want to ask you something,” Sanghyun diverted his attention toward his brother in law. “Do you eventually change your mind?”

That simple question was able to make Jongin understand the topic Sanghyun wanted to bring up. Jongin his bottom lip nervously, not sure if he was ready to talk about it or not.

“I haven’t thought about that again,” Jongin answered it with regretful face. “Sorry, Hyung...”

Sanghyun exhaled a long sigh. He tried to control his emotions, forcing himself to understand Jongin’s situation. After all, Jongin wasn’t the one to be blamed.

“Think carefully!” Sanghyun commanded, a little of threat could be detected from his command. “For your sake.”

***

Think carefully...

Those words really played along in Jongin’s mind. No matter how hard he wanted to forget, he couldn’t.

Five months already passed since Jiyeon had an accident.

Five months already passed since they decided to end their miserably.

When their cases had to freeze because of Jiyeon’s accident, Jongin forgot that there would be time when someone asked him again about the nightmare he wanted to avoid badly.

Jongin sighed in frustation. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know what he want. He was too afraid that something he wanted so badly make his loved one suffered.

His grip in steering while tighten while he stared at his wife who’s talking to Hyun Woo.

Those topics Jiyeon shared to the said man... Jongin really wanted to hear that. He wanted to hear Jiyeon’s perception about her problem. About their problem. Their story...

Not knowing anything about her heart made Jongin flustered. He didn’t want to choose something terrible to their household. He wanted to choose the right option to make her happy... them happy. What if Jongin chose something terrible instead? And what to soothed his broken heart that always felt ache everytime he remember their past?

Jongin didn’t know what come to his mind that made him take his cell phone and type message

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter