One

Mistaken Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
ONE

 

Patience had its limits.

Really?

Jiyeon often heard from her friends. Jiyeon herself didn’t believe in that concept. For her, patience had no limit. Patience did not have any empty space which later would be filled and exploded if someone always patient. Wasn’t that true?

In fact, Jiyeon still believed in her concept about patience, boldly admit that she was impatient woman. She didn’t blame the concept of patience like other people do which in reality, she was alone who could be blamed for lacking of patience. She could occasionally be patient about something, but she was more often sulking if the situation involved a special person. Her husband.

Jiyeon, a woman who had long brown wavy hair, tapped her fingers on the table boringly. She stared at the soup pot that had been heated twice. It was eleven o'clock in the evening—three hours had passed since she finished cooking her husband’s favorites dish—yukgaejang (spicy beef soup)—but her loved ones had not returned.

Kim Jongin, a man who somehow could be Jiyeon's husband, had not returned. Jongin didn’t give her any news at all. His cell phone was off. Employees in Jongin’s company, or a company owned by Jiyeon’s father to be more precise, saying that Jongin had gone home since five o'clock in the afternoon. Then, where was the man?

Felt it was quite a long wait, finally Jiyeon got up from her seat and began to call him again. She was not sure if the man's cell phone would be active that time, but of course she did not lose hope for it.

"Jongin!" Jiyeon squealed happily when Kim Jongin picked up the phone. "When do you come home? I am alone in this house.” Jiyeon pursed her lips. If she was still the same Jiyeon two years ago, she would go berserk left alone at home. Alone in her dictionary, it meant she was alone without her family members. Not accompanied by maids, security guards, or the driver at home.

"Jiyeon, can you tidy up a guest room for a while?" Jongin asked without responding to Jiyeon’s question and complaint. Crowded sounds were heard around Jongin. The sounds of music and obscure laughter in the surrounding made Jiyeon sure her husband was at the nightclub.

“Why?” Jiyeon asked suspiciously. Her forehead creased roughly, unable to find any answers on her suspicion.

“I’ll explain later,” Jongin said.

Jiyeon pressed the phone harder to her ear, hoping to hear more clearly the faint voices around Jongin. When Jiyeon was sure guy over there already started to distance his cell phone and was about to shut down a telephone line, a faint sound Jongin pronounce the name that Jiyeon didn’t know.

“Sulli.”

***

"Jongin?"

Jiyeon’s eyes stared at Jongin and a guest he brought. Jongin was seen rushed carrying a woman Jiyeon not know. That woman had long black wavy hair. Her skin was as white as milk and she had round beautiful eyes. She was indeed beautiful, like Snow White from Disneyland. She was wearing tight glamor clothes that made Jiyeon’s face feel hot because she could not imagine Jongin’s feelings when he touched her body. Whatever reason it was.

“Jongin, what happen actu—”

“You’ve been tidying up a guest room, right?” Jongin cut her words. He lifted the woman who was in his arms, justifying her position so she would not fall.

Jiyeon rushed into the house and opened the door of the guest room. She silenced because she knew Jongin wouldn’t answer any question. Compared to immersed herself in the veins of angry prolonged, it felt cold war with her husband was the best way to take revenge on him. Jongin never be able to survive any longer with Jiyeon’s cold treatment. Never.

While Jongin laid a woman named Sulli on the bed in the guest room, Jiyeon tidied up cutlery on the dinner table. She knew her hope for having dinner with Jongin already vanished. Look at the time! It was nearly midnight. It seems impossible for Jongin haven’t had dinner yet. A slight feeling of regret was flashed into Jiyeon’s heart. If she knew her husband went to the nightclub and having fun with random woman who later he brought to their home, Jiyeon wouldn’t wait for him to come home. Instead, Jiyeon would eat her dinner beforehand, possibly along with her male friend who also formerly known love clinging to her.

But of course, it was all lies. Not know since when, Jiyeon was no longer woman who liked to have fun with the night world.

When Jiyeon back to her room and wanted to find a nightgown for Sulli if maybe she was later awakened and feeling uncomfortable with the clothes she wore, two hands crept around Jiyeon’s waist from behind. Jongin back hugged her tightly. The man's chin leaning on her shoulder for a few seconds, before Jongin then kissed her cheek from behind.

See? This was not even ten minutes and Jongin couldn’t stand with her cold treatment.

Jiyeon didn’t push him away. Although the pain was still felt, but Jongin’s sweet action at least made Jiyeon started to believe this night scenario that might be occurred between Jongin and Sulli was not as bad as she thought.

“What are you doing?" Jongin asked in whisper right in Jiyeon’s left ear.

Jiyeon removed both hands that hugged her waist and continued her activities. Jiyeon let Jongin trailing behind her while Jiyeon brought her clothes to the guest room.

Jongin stopped in the doorway, staring at her in amazement. His thick lips formed a big smile after he saw how Jiyeon could handle this bad situation with cool headed.

“Her name is Sulli,” Jongin said without being asked, once Jiyeon closed the guest room’s door slowly. Jongin walked quietly behind Jiyeon that was still reluctantly giving her full attention to him.

"I happened to see her drunk with strangers," Jongin said. "Because she is my employee, I didn’t have heart to abandon her just like that."

"Didn’t you and she spend time together?" Jiyeon attacked him with her words inevitably. "Your other employees said you've returned from company since five."

Jongin’s brows furrowed. He immediately grabbed Jiyeon’s hand, making her step stopped and turned her body to face him.

“My employees... or only Lee Hyun Woo who said that?” Jongin asked to confirm his suspicion. “Just in case, because you get used to hear the news about me from one mouth only."

"What's the difference?" Jiyeon said as she tried to pull her hand from Jongin.

"Of course there is so much difference!" Jongin insisted even with his voice remained calm. "Hyun Woo is not my direct subordinates. You should have asked my assistant because he arranged a meeting with Chairman Lee for cooperation between your father’s company with Lee’s company. "

Jiyeon should have predicted this. Whenever she and Jongin argued, she was always lost. At least, that's what Jiyeon recalled from her memories for a month.

Jongin who saw Jiyeon froze in shock, immediately hugged her tightly.

“Go to sleep, Jiyeonnie,” Jongin whispered in a soft voice. “You must be tired of waiting me.”

"You haven’t explained the meeting with Sulli," Jiyeon muttered quietly. "It is impossible, isn’t it, meeting with Chairman Lee held in nightclubs?"

“Right,” Jongin replied while poking his wife’s nose. "I met with my friends for a moment after meeting with Chairman Lee. When I told a moment, it’s absolutely short time. The distance between the King Star Hotel with Lou's Nightclub is pretty far. And—“ Jongin paused while examined Jiyeon’s reaction, “sleep.”

Jiyeon sighed then nodded slowly.

***

"Who made this yukgaejang?" Sulli asked while chewing pieces of meat in . "So chewy. Oppa should fire the maid who can not cook well."

Jiyeon looked away. Unconsciously she pressed the upper and lower lip hard into thin line, snorted a heavy breath and tried not to cry after heard criticism from Sulli.

Jongin shifted Jiyeon’s drinking glass closer to be able to reached by his wife. He glanced alternately between Jiyeon and Sulli who were not willing to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter