Chapter 3

An Engagement.

As the door of the classroom opened and revealed the Principal Im behind it, the entire class fell into complete silence as the teacher nodded and acknowledge the principal presence, clearly aware of what was about to happen. Principal Im laughed as all the students in the class, including Seunghyun and his gang sat up straight in their seats, completely clueless of what was happening.

"It seems like you guys were having a great time catching up with one another this morning and I'm more than happy to see my students having fun mingling with their peera. I'm sure you guys have heard about the news of SYJ academy having a few transfer students. Well, not all of the transfer students are here today, but 1 of them was luckily enough to join us just as the new school year starts. I hope you guys will get along well with the new transfer student and be nice alright. Now, come on in." Principal Im said as all eyes turned towards the door, waiting to catch a glimpse of the new students.

Yoona took a deep breathe as she plucked up her courage and stepped into the classroom. 'Oh god, they are all staring at me.  It's fine it's fine it's fine' Yoona tried to hypnotised herself as she walked over and stood beside her grandfather. 

"Alright. Ms Kim you can take over and I'll just excuse myself." Principal Im nodded in the teacher's direction as he gave Yoona one last pat on the shoulder before walking out. The entire classroom seemed to have froze as all the students merely stared at Yoona with wide eyes while she could only embarrassingly looked away. 

"Hyung hyung, she so pretty." Seungri whispered into Seunghyun's ear as Seunghyun tried to take in the picture infront of him. There in front of the classroom stood the transfer student. She had her long brown hair down and is wear simple casual clothes. A white blouse with a faded demni jeans and a high cut converse. Simple but comfortable. Judging by the clothes that she was wearing, Seunghyun concluded that she was not what Uee had claimed, a scholar. Alright maybe she was, but she came from a well-to-do family too. 'Pretty yes but so what. I've had my life planned out for my already so there's no need to girls and relationships.' Seunghyun thought as he turned back to doing what he was doing. 

"Alright now, Yoona could you please introduce yourself to the class." Ms Kim said as she gave Yoona a smile of encouragement.

"Hi, I'm YoonA and I'm a new student. I came from a boarding school in the UK and I hope to be friends with you guys here. Thank you." Yoona nervously swallowed her saliva as she glanced across to classroom. There were obvious and distinct cliques in the class just by seeing how the students side-eyed one another and dress and sit. However, most of them were sitted in pairs, 1 guy and 1 girl. Yoona took a glance and saw that there was only 5 empty seats left and there were 5 guys. 1 cold and silent guy (Seunghyun), 1 overly enthusiastic guy (Seungri), 1 cheerful looking guy (Daesung), 1 kind looking guy with an eye smile (Youngbae) and 1 fashionably styled guy (Jiyong). 'Anyone please anyone but the cold-looking guy.' Yoona pleaded in her head as the teacher started to speak.

"Alright Yoona, why don't you go and take a seat beside Seunghyun, the one beside the window." Ms Kim said as she gestured Seunghyun to raise his hands. Unwillingly, Seunghyun raised his hands and frowned as Yoona approached the seat. 

"Alright let's start class now." Ms Kim said as she started writing on the white board. Yoona turned, and greeted Seunghyun, only to be met with a cold nod of the head. 'Oh god, please bless me. Hopefully school passes fast enough for today. How I wish the girls were here too' Yoona brooded as she side-eyed her cold tablemate.