Chapter 1

An Engagement.

It is a normal monday morning where students reported to school, where adults reported to work, where everyone just had their schedule to follow. Students are seen streaming into SYJ academy, not on foot but in cars, but not just normal cars but luxurious cars. Ask anyone around Seoul what SYJ academy is and you'll get the reply of "Are you thinking of enrolling in there? Oh come one, you might as well just save time and enroll into a normal community college. There's no point trying." So why exactly is SYJ academy so prestigious? Here's the thing.

SYJ academy is founded by the Im family. The Im family is one of the most prominent family in the country. The Im family owns the Im Corporation, a string of business enterprises. They can be said to be the powerhouse of the country, the one driving the economy. The Im family consist of 3 generations currently: the grandparents who are both healthy and happily running SYJ academy as the principal and vice-principal, the parents who are in-charge of all the Im Corporation businesses and lastly, the children who are all still schooling and learning to ropes to handle the company.

However, SYJ academy is not only founded by the Im Corporation, but it is funded by well of course, the Im Corporation and also a lot more notable companies. SYJ academy is also founded by the Choi Enterprise, the Kim Enterprise, the Kwon Corporation, the Lee Foundation, the Hwang Foundation, the Kang Enterprise, the S-D enterprise. All these companies (or should we say families) are the powerhouses of the country too. Each one of them specialises in a certain area and well, they excel in it. The 1st, 2nd and now the 3rd generations of all these families knew one another really well and that was how they came about funding SYJ academy. Funny though, the 4th generation of these families (the children) hardly know one another. For example:

Im Daniel and Kwon BoA have 3 children namely: Im Yunho, Im Sunye and Im YoonA.

Choi Sang Woo and Son Tae Young have 2 sons: Choi SiWon and Choi SeungHyun.

Despite both side parents knowing one another very well, their children however, no nothing about one another. Well, there are exceptions to this situation too. Im YoonA has 7 best buddies, whom she grew up with. Kim Taeyeon, Kim Hyoyeon (a pair of fraternal twins), Lee Sunny, Hwang Tiffany, Kwon Yuri, Choi Sooyoung and SeoHyun. And then we also have Choi Seunghyun who has 4 childhood friends: Kwon JiYoung, Dong YoungBae, Kang DaeSung and Lee Seungri. However, both groups know nothing about one another, except for those who are in the same family such as Sooyoung and Seunghyun and etc.

To be able to enter SYJ academy, you are either extremely and utterly talented in something or you are simply rich. Well, of course there are people who are both. On this glorious monday morning of a new school term, students are all gathering and huddling around one another, discussing about the latest gadgets, the latest ball game, the latest gossip. Well, then there is of course no reason for the 5 boys to be an exception. At the front porch of the school, Seunghyun, Jiyoung, Youngbae, Daesung and Seungri can be seen chatting with one another. Oblivious to themselves, all the other students had their eyes all on them. Well, who wouldn't when they are the successors of all the major companies in the countries and plus they are all smoking hot. 

"Hyung, have you guys heard that there will be some transfer students coming in this year?" Seungri asked as the others noded their head absent-mindedly.

"I wonder how they are ... Ouch! Hyung!" Seungri whinned as Jiyoung flicked his forehead before he could even finish his sentence. 

"It's more like you're just hoping that they will be pretty so you can hit on them" Jiyoung as the others laughed. The laughter was however broken by a certain "oppa" which led to all 5 of them rolling their eyes and sighing. 

"Here comes trouble" Jiyoung said and immediately, 3 girls, fairly pretty looking girls, slotted themselves into the group of them. Uee,Nana and Lizzy, the daughters of certain reputable companies and the 'queens' of SYJ academy as so they called themselves. "What are you guys discussing about?" Lizzy, the cute little one ask.

"Oh, nothing much. Just wondering, do you guys know anything about the transfer students?" Seungri replied, earning the eyes of all 3 girls.

"Nah, nothing much. Well, if they are from a reputable background there should be some news about them, but since there is none I'd guessed they're most probably scholars?" Nana. the blond one replied as she gave Seungri a flirtatious smile.

"Regardless of who the transfer students are, they can never replace any of our positions in the school as the Kings and Queens of SYJ academy." Uee replied confidently as she tries to slid her arms into Seunghyun, only to be rejected as Seunghyun unfolded his arms and started walking away. 

"Better get going to class before we get marked for being late" Seunghyun said as a matter-of-factly, leaving a dismayed Uee and 4 chuckling boys.