Chapter 2

An Engagement.

Just as the students started clearing out of the concourse of SYJ academy, a certain white BMW strolled through the front gates of SYJ academy. In it, there was a pretty, no goddess-like girl behind the steering wheel. After perfectly parking her car into one of the slots available, the girl stood out of the car, sighed and headed straight to the administrative room. 

"Erm..Hi, I'm here to see the principal." The girl said politely to the lady at the desk, who was a little startled by the sudden appearance of a student. The lady smiled warmly towards the girl as she remembered who the school was expecting today and she clapped her hands in excitement.

"Ahhh.. You must be Yoona right. Wait a minute, give me a minute as I inform your grandfather that you've reached. Well well, it's been so long since I'd last saw you. I remember the last time I saw you, you were just 5. Oh sorry sorry, I'm just really happy that you're finally back." The lady gushed. Yoona could only smiled shyly in response to the lady's compliments.

"Ah right, the principal said you can go into his office already." The lady said as she directed Yoona towards the prinicipal office. Yoona thanked the administrative lady before knocking on the door and heading in.

In the room, a friendly looking old man stood happily, waiting to embraced his granddaughter whom he had not seen in 12 years, ever since her parents decided to send her to boarding school in the UK. Once Yoona stepped into the room, she saw her grandfather standing right at the desk. It seemed as though he had not even aged a bit through these 12 years. And was it possible that he seemed even younger when she just left for boarding school.

"Haraboji" Yoona greeted as she gave him a warm hug. "Aigoo, look now who's all grown up and 18." Principal Im said as his eyes glistened with tears of happiness. Yoona laughed as her grandfather and she took a seat in front of his office table.

"So, am I gonna start school now?" Yoona asked curiously as her grandfather started fumbling through some files and books.

"Yes, of course. Today is the start of the new school year and it's better for you to start now than later. It's a pity that the other girls are only coming back later in February." Her grandfather said as he passed her a stack of books and all the documents that she need for school.

"Yeah, and now I'm all alone." Yoona sighed as her grandfather gave her an encouraging pat on the hand.

"Oh come on, the Im Yoona that I know isn't afraid of any unfamiliar situation. I'm sure you'll adapt just fine before the others arrive to join you." Her grandfather gave her an encouraging smile.

"Yeap, let's hope all goes well for me. Anyway, does the students know that I'm coming today?" Yoona questioned curiously as she waited for her grandfather to answer.

"Nope, they don't know that you're here today. And I know what you're thinking, they don't know who any of you are and your family background at all and I've no intention of disclosing it. So relax." Her grandfather laughed as he caught her heaving a sigh of relief.

"Alright enough of talking, let me bring you to your class. We'd better hurry or you'll miss your first lesson." Principal Im said as he stood up towards the door.

"But I haven't even say hi to grandma." Before Yoona could protest even further, her grandfather had already nudged her out the door, towards the hallway.

"That you'll have lot of time for at home. Now, smile." Her grandfather said and he knocked on the door of the classroom and walked in.