chapter 5

Sangnamja

"Hyung?" JungKook peeked at the door. TaeHyung said he saw Jin alone at Lit. 3 room. True to those words, SeokJin was sat at the front row, face on his hands and his shoulders slumped. Jin looked up and sighed after confirming the invader's identity. 

"Not now." That cold tone again. JungKook swallowed the lump in his throat before turning back. The door slammed shut behind him a little bit louder than he expected to. Jin stared at the door then groaned as he realized what he did.

 

 It frustrates him. 

 

The photo, YooRa's threat, protecting JungKook,... him.

 

 Everything around seems to be constricting him and he hates it. He needed to think of what to do about JungKook. The kid is becoming stubborn nowadays. There are lots of things JungKook doesn't know and his ignorance might put him in danger.  

 

The first thing Jin did when he got home was corner JungKook in their room. The younger wasn't meeting gaze with him, which means JungKook took the gesture to heart. 

"Kookie-"

"No hyung, I understand. I know I was wrong. I shouldn't have done that. Now you are in trouble and probably mad at me. I'm sorry" JungKook chewed on his lower lip, refraining himself from totally sitting on the desk he was edged to. 

"I'm not mad. I am worried. Now listen, when people ask you, you just ignore them. Don't say a word about the issue. This kind of things, when left unanswered and unindulged, dies down eventually. And maybe a little more distance. You'll be safe around JiMin and TaeHyung." JungKook nodded and Jin pats his head for encouragement. 

 

 

Days passed and they barely see each other at school, except for lunch. The pictures created a buzz. People talking when they walk the hallways, but everyone else is too afraid to ask. There are unlikely glances thrown at JungKook but nothing past that since VMin always accompanies him. Jin could only catch sight of the younger from a far, and nowadays he sees him with a girl. A girl he learned named NaEun. Jo NaEun. JungKook is always with her at school then text, calls or chat with her at home. It kinda irritates Jin how invested JungKook is to this girl. But he was trying to be rational, that was until he snapped. 

"Where are you going?" Jin inquired as he blocked JungKook by the door. The younger is all dressed up, eyes glued on his phone, which could only mean one thing 

"I'm going to meet NaEun. Err, school project" JungKook uttered as excuse, without throwing a glance at the older. SeokJin narrowed his eyes at this behavior. 

"School project? Dressed like this? This late at night? I don't buy your lies you know that" Jin interrogated, arms folded against his chest 

"fine! I'm gonna meet NaEun for something else, can I leave now?" JungKook said a little louder, irritation obviously building up. But this only brought out Jin's  strict hyung tendency, so in a firm tone he commanded 

"No, to our room.  Now"

"Why? Hyung I'm dressed" JungKook whined, almost like the child he is in SeokJin's eyes 

"And it's late so... room. Now"

"I'm not a little kid. You can't do this to me" in contradiction to his words, he was pouting and brows arched in a funny juvinile way, Jin can't get agitated 

"I'm your hyung so I can"

"You aren't my real brother" JungKook muttered at the heat of the moment. It was an unfortunate slip and he lowered his head knowing his mistake . That topic was out of line. No matter how complicated the situation is, it was a silent agreement to never bring that up. Jin on the other side was ticked, his temper suddenly hyped. 

"What did you say?" the older hissed through gritted teeth.

"I'm leaving" JungKook uttered making his way to the door. But Jin caught his arm before he could make his escape.

"No you aren't. Why are you being rebellious because of a girl? You just met her for sake" SeokJin scolded him in frustrations. JungKook has never been like this. Is it because he is a teenager now? Why does he need to be a young parent to his sibling like this? He thought, internally sighing  

"Why does it matter that I'm seeing a girl? You have a girl friend, what's the difference?" he yelled back, his feelings for his brother slipping through the cracks on his mask of rage. 

But Jin didn't notice. He never does. And it just angers JungKook more.

"You don't know anything" Jin spat back. He is carrying a lot of weight in their situation, who was he to question him this way? He have way heavier burdens in his heart. Secrets he can never speak of.

"Because you never tell me!" JungKook then run to their room and slammed the door shut to Jin's face who was trailing him. SeokJin twisted the knob violently even knowing it was locked. 

"Jeon JungKook!"

"I'm locking myself in this freaking room. Are you happy now?!" 

Jin sighed massaging his temples, leaning against the door. 

"Kookie, let me in. Hyung doesn't want to lock you in. I'm just looking after you" SeokJin spoke in  a gentler tone, trying to tame the raging teen. He wasn't lying, he really just wanted to make sure the other was safe. But he isn't speaking the whole truth either. 

"You don't need to baby me. I'm not a little kid!" JungKook petulantly retorted 

"You'll always be my baby brother" Jin said softly 

It was quiet for a while. Then the younger spoke lowly 

"Don't call me that" 

SeokJin smiled thinking the younger is at the age of wanting to be recognized as an adult. What he didn't know was the younger was actually rebelling against the 'brother' title. 

"Baby Kookie, let me in"

'' JungKook cursed to himself. It's not like he have  a or is it called a baby kink? It's not like he have something with the endearment, it must be the way Jin said it. SeokJin said it in a low, almost seductive (if he squint, maybe) tone. It awoken the feelings JungKook was practicing to ignore. He is practicing, one reason why he spends too much time with NaEun. He wants distraction  and she surely knows how to help.But this time he has nowhere to run, no one else to look at, no one to talk to. The person who makes him lose control is at the other side of the door, speaking to him in a way that makes his heart flutter. JungKook opened the door and let the older in. His head bowed, bangs hiding his twinkling eyes. He is in a tight situation, he needs a way out. Or maybe he should let Jin in his secret 

"Kookie so--" Jin  was cut off, breath almost choked when he was slammed hard against the wall. JungKook pinning him by the shoulder. 

"Hyung, I... "

 

 

 

Tbc...

 

.a/n: not proud of this...  I mean it could have been better. Buuuuutttt... (JiMin's. JK) ... BUT i hope you liked it anyway... umh life is getting in the way but i'm trying to go back to writing whenever I get free time. I'm so sorry... T.T...  i'm trying, really.. and I love you like always! Love lots~ please help me. Motivations, I need lots of that.. thanks lovelies!