Secret Santa 2

Secret Santa

Hey so I know this has taken me way toooooo long to update I was busy last christmas and the year before sooo before I forget to ever finish it here we go. I don't think it is my best writing and was rushed but I wanted to complete it now. 

 

 

Enjoy 

 

 

 

Tears trickled down his cheeks. As the young assistant Lee Taemin banged his way through double doors of the company building.. Being completely mortified by his action a moment ago of kissing his boss Minho. Taemin literally wanted to just melt into a puddle on the ground and fade away forever. How could have misunderstood his boss like that. Of course the CEO didn’t like him back. No way did Minho long over the assistant like the young male had done. It had been four years. And Taemin had a crush on him from the moment he was interviewed for his job. But Taemin was smart and responsible and needed this job to last, so to move on to better things in the future. He did everything requested and got into routine, being the best assistant SHINee Limited had ever had. 

 

The good thing he got out of it, was spending almost every day with the male. He could learn about Minho’s likes and dislikes. And sadly accept that nothing could ever happen between them. After the first year, he admired the CEO from afar. There was always a little hope. Maybe a few fantasies that Minho would just grab him one day and pushed him against his desk and kiss him passionately. He loved them books to read on his coffee break. But in reality the most he ever got was a few long lasting handshakes and even a tight hug on his birthdays.

But it wasn’t unnoticed in the workplace. Taemin for the first two years must have made it so obvious about how much he liked Minho. Because everyone seemed to know. After his third year he had to stop himself from mentioning Minho when around others. And by the fourth year he believed people just saw him as the sweet fun assistant Minho praised him to be. But that didn’t stop the girls who were interested in Minho to stand with him gossiping over how their boss was hot and attractive. It was a moment when he would catch Minho looking at him.

 

Today he allowed his beating heart and clouded mind to misinterpreted what his Boss had an offer for his secret Santa. 

 

‘Taemin wait!’

 

The assistant turned to look at his boss coming through the double doors. The elder catching up while he furiously began jabbing a finger harshly at the button to call the lift. The younger male wiped tears from his face quickly. ‘Excuse me sir I have to go.’ He sniffled, and turned away. He couldn’t even look at him. His head swarmed with the tingle against his lips. He has kissed Choi Minho.

 

‘Taemin, please… come back to my office so we can talk’. The elder seems worried. ‘Don’t cry’.

 

‘No…No, it’s okay, it’s okay’. He jabbed at the button again. ‘Sir… I’ll give you my resignation tomorrow. I am so sorry about this. I must have had too much alcohol!’.

 

Minho reached out, and grabbed the male, pulling him into a tight embrace. ‘No’ he spoke. ‘You know we don't drink alcohol in the building, and I for one am not letting you leave me Taemin, you have not worked this hard, just to leave at this point’.

 

The younger’s bottom lip quivered before he burst into tears, and clung back using the male’s shirt to soak up the droplets. Minho looked around, and as the lift doors opened. He instead led the male back to his office. Some of the staff was peaking around the corners and through the glass window. Minho all gave them a look and someone christmas music so that they could enjoy a dance. Nudging the male down into his seat, the CEO walked over to a spare chair and placed it before the male. Taemin remained looking at his feet. Eyes red and cheeks glittering from his tears.

 

‘Are you okay?’

 

‘What do you think sir?’ Taemin laughed at himself, using his sleeve to wipe a few more tears. ‘I just made a huge fool out of myself’. He covered his face. ‘I’m such an idiot, of course you wouldn’t like someone like me’. He pointed at himself and laughed again, then laughed harder and before he knew it he was howling with laughter and clutching his tummy. ‘I’m so coo-coo!’ He joked. ‘Please forgive me sir… It must have been the Hot chocolate… maybe one of the guys put alcohol in it’. 

 

Minho smiled softly at him. ‘Taemin, listen to me…’

 

The male slowly looked up at him.  ‘Antlers...’

 

‘What?’

 

‘Your Antlers are lopsided.’ Taemin moved his hand and straightened the antlers of his reindeer headband. ‘There you go Sir… erm, could you pass me some tissues’. He sniffled again and Minho smiled. 

 

‘Sure’ He looked at his desk before Taemin pointed at the box on the cabinets. The CEO made his move to grab them but Taemin took his chance of escape and ran from the room. Taking the fire exit stairs instead. 

 

~

 

1 Year Later.

 

Things were sorted within the year that took place. Taemin and Minho came to an agreement to pretend what happened didn’t and he returned after a few days.Minho still offered him that Job Role as the COO of SHINee Limited. Taemin took it and excelled in his training until Minho was able to leave him on his own. Their complicated beginning to that work partnership eventually healed and was back to the old days. They became friends and Minho respected him more than ever. But a feeling within him sparked interest. Today was the annual Christmas party. Minho had a shared assistant with his COO named Kai.  

 

He stood before Minho who was reading the name from an envelope he lost. He smiles. ‘Thank you for finding it for me Kai. We shall resume work on Thursday. Tell all the staff to enjoy their Christmas Bonus. That will be all’. Kai nods and leaves quietly to join the others in the office area celebrating. He is a decent assistant. Taemin had trained him well. Once the door closes Minho turns to the table next to him. Taemin is fast asleep. He has a horrible cold and has been coughing and sneezing all weekend. Minho rolls his desk chair over and leans in.

 

‘Taemin?’

 

The male groans opening one eye. 

 

‘I’m going to take you home now’. 

 

‘But the party!’ 

 

‘I’m your secret Santa. My gift is to take you home and to look after you until you are well’. 

 

Taemin looks ready to protest. When he sneezes and sighs defeated. Minho helps him up and leads him through the door. The employees start to come over wishing them a Merry Christmas and wave them goodbye. Jonghyun passing over a goodie bag of some of the snacks for later. 

 

Since Minho lives closer they pull up to his house. Taemin has fallen asleep again and Minho has to carry him on his back to get him inside. He walks blindly through the dark apartment to his bedroom and drops Taemin down. Pulling the covers over him. He kneels down and without a second thought leans in to kiss is head. ‘I was hoping to recreate last year's awkward encounter, with a much better response. Over the year my feelings for you have grown. But I guess next year will do instead, and I will find a way to make sure that I can feel your lips on mine again. And I hope you won’t push me away. Merry Christmas’. 

 

He leaves and Taemin slowly opens his eyes. 

 

~

 

When everyone returns to work and Taemin is all well and good. Minho is sat at his desk reading through the paperwork. A small gift is placed on his desk. He looks up to Taemin who places down a cup of Hot Chocolate too. ‘I was your secret Santa… Sorry it’s late’. 

 

Minho smiles opening the box and finding a small square of paper shaped like a ticket stub. He frowns and turns it around to read the words. Slowly he raises his eyes and lets his mouth drop as Taemin stands with some mistletoe above his head attached to a headband. His cheeks are bright pink and he has his eyes closed and lips puckered out.  

 

Minho drops the stub and rushes around the desk grabbing Taemin and moving in to give him a kiss. Taemin is so shocked that he actually did this, that he opened his eyes and stared in surprise. He breathes heavily as Minho’s eyes linger on his lips.

 

‘How long is the Ticket Valid?’ Minho asks. 

 

‘Till the 26th on boxing day’. Taemin responds. 

 

‘Is it reusable until then?’ Minho asks. ‘Or did I just waste it?’

 

Taemin smiles ‘You may use it as many times as you want’. 

 

Minho smiles. ‘I never gave you secret santa gift?’ He says. 

 

‘I thought it was caring for me to get better?’

 

‘I have a better one!’ He replies. 

 

‘Oh yeah?’

 

‘It includes the contract of being my new partner in more ways than just work…’

 

Taemin smiles and glances at the glass windows of their shared office. He opens his mouth in surprise to see all the staff looking in. Jonghyun cheering though muted expressions. Minho turns to see it too and grins turning back and kissing Taemin a second time. 

 

A cheer from all employees can be heard. 

 

On the desk the small ticket shaped stub in pretty writing says 

 

Free Kiss

To be used 

at any time.

 

 

 

 

 

The end. Sorry it I had a great story planned and never got to finish it and didn't feel like trying to add a chapter every christmas season. But leave a comment if you can xx