Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Are you ready for a CHRISTMAS STORY !! :P

 

UPDATE 2018 GOING TO QUICKLY EDIT THIS FIRST CHAPTER

Chapter one is re-edited. 

I WILL POST THE SECOND THIS WEEK. From a 2015 to 2018 update, though you are welcome to read the story below but keep subbed for the re-boot. 

 

 

In a busy city. With a huge population in large building was a company by the name of ‘SHINee limited’, Mr Choi Minho was the CEO himself.  And his company distributed many versions of lights, from street lights, to Christmas lights to a small light on a watch to even lamps for children. He was a very well known man in his country, a young bachelor, who had only just taken on the company, after the death of his father. Who if Minho had anything to say about the man, was that he never really knew him.

 

He was fairly tall, thin and very attractive. He even had a small following of fans on a online page. And many females he encountered would bend over backwards for him. But the male in all honestly had no interest in them. Unlike most bachelors, he would spend his evenings alone in his home, watching a good movie and ordering a takeaway. It was how he spent most of his life and he liked it like that. And like his father, had became work oriented. He worked with a fun and loving bunch of people which made it worth it. But one lively person who kept him on his toes was his personal assistant Lee Taemin.  

 

~

 

Letting out a loud cough into his clenched fisted hand, the CEO started sniffling though his rotten cold, tapping his finger at the buzzer for his assistant’s attention. His dark fringe fell into his slightly red eyes as he groaned, pressing it harder as if it would make the assistant come quicker.

 

‘Taemin where are you!’ He shouted in a croaked voice. ‘Taemin!!’

 

Suddenly the office door swung open and Lee Taemin arrived. A very slim, fairly beautiful, yet with a strong set jaw line,  pounded into the room.

 

‘I’m here…I’m here!’ He panted, taking a moment to bend forward to catch his breath, hand pressed into his lower stomach and lifted one finger up to let the CEO give him a minute.

 

‘Taemin’ Minho croaked. Before coughing again and then letting out a loud nasty phlegm filled sneeze. ‘Tae’ He still croaked. ‘I’m sick… can you… get me something…to help?’.

 

Taemin stood up straight, fast, with a deep sigh, and folded his arms as if angry. He gave his head a slight side tilt and began to tap his right foot. ‘Sir’.

 

‘What?’ Minho barely whispered.

 

‘Look to your right!’

 

Minho slowly lifted his head and glanced to the right. Beside him were multiple boxes of cough medicine, tablets and some nose sprays. Minho looked back to his assistant and smiled awkwardly. ‘That will be all Taemin’.

 

The younger sighed. Stepping forwards and pulling out at least three tissues from a box, before stuffing it at the elder face. ‘Blow’ he said sternly.

 

‘No’ Minho grumbled. Waving a flimsy hand at the younger. Taemin often treated him like a kid when he was sick.

 

‘Blow your nose, you’ll feel much better; you’ve got too much mucus in your sinuses’.

 

Minho did the weakest attempt at blowing his nose, until Taemin clipped him over the head. He then whined and plonked his head at the table. Taemin waiting a second before helping lift his head up. ‘Do you want to go home Sir?’

 

‘No…I have a meeting at five’.

 

‘Sir, its seven thirty… and I went to the meeting for you. Why do you think I ran here?’.

 

Minho let out another groan. ‘Oh?... Thank you… please call for my car to be…huck…eugh..’ The man convulsed into a coughing fit. Taemin patting him on the back and even passing some medication with water.

 

‘I will drive you home Sir’.

 

‘But my car-’

 

‘I will drive you home, and pick you up in the morning… that is if you are not too ill. I would hate to hear of you being in a car accident because you sneezed and swerved off the road’. He gave the man a knowing look. Minho sighed, knowing the younger was hinting at a time before when he had been very ill, sneezed rather harshly, and swerved into a small tree. ‘O-okay’.

 

~

 

Minho groaned. Rolling off his bed the next morning, with his bed duvet all wrapped around him. He shunted over to the front door and opened it to his brightly smiling Assistant. ‘Good morning Sir.’

 

‘What do you want?’ the elder huffed.

 

‘I brought soup, medication and also work,’ He held up two bags and a briefcase. ‘Also I have your secret Santa name in an envelope, I’m not allowed to open it… and do you think Jonghyun would like a selection of guitar picks for Christmas or ties?’

 

Minho groaned again, turning around and walking back towards his living room. Taemin skipping in behind him, and settling down his stuff on the apartments sofa. He warmed up the soup and attempted to feed the sick male,while at the same time doing video calls, and audio chats via Skype. Minho gave a few inputs, but mostly found himself asleep and Taemin doing all the work.

He had a cold flannel on his head at one point and he was sure Taemin spoon fed him some medicine. Until he was feeling better that evening.

He was still sat beside his assistant as the daylight fell and darkness had covered the city. Taemin who was downing another coffee, and finishing off his last video chat, he turned to his boss as the screen went blank. ‘That would be everything for today Sir, are you satisfied?’.

 

Minho hummed. ‘Yes thank you Taemin’.

 

‘Sir… your secret Santa’. He then held out the envelope. Minho snatched it and opened it up, peaking at the name and surprise to not really a surprise he saw his assistants name.

 

‘Tae it’s you… what do you want for Christmas?’.

 

‘Sir… it’s a secret… surprise me’. He laughed, placing some documents back into his briefcase. ‘That’s the aim of secret Santa’.

 

‘You always buy the gifts for me though!’. Minho pouted. It usually worked on Taemin. He hated shopping despised it in fact.

 

‘Yeah well this time get it yourself Sir’. the assistant smiled. ‘I trust you’.

 

‘But…’

 

‘Surprise me… come on you’ve worked with me for four years, are you telling me you don’t know anything about me?’ Taemin gave him his best pouty face which always worked on Minho’

 

‘You have a nice … should I buy you a pillow for it?’ Minho teased, before flushing in embarrassment and scratching his head. Where did that even come from.

 

Taemin blushed in response, now slurping the last little drag of his coffee. His cheeks so rosy and flushed that Minho finds it cute. ‘Thank you…sir, I didn’t realise you had noticed?’ He chuckled. ‘It helps when I do morning squats’. Minho wouldn’t admit what he thought of relating to that position.

 

‘I.. I meant that- it in a… totally… professional… I mean…’ Minho coughed and heaved though his horse breaths. There was no way to fix what was said. ‘I’ll find you something’.

 

‘Thank you sir,’. Taemin placed down his cup and then leaned over to place a palm on Minho’s forehead. The male staring with wide eyes back at him. ‘Well your temperature is better than this morning, do you want another hot lemon drink Sir?’

 

Minho nodded. ‘If it’s not too much trouble?’.

 

‘No, I don’t mind… I can do it before I leave’.

 

‘Leave?!’

 

‘I have to buy Jonghyun something, if I don’t go tonight there might not be anything left on the shelves’.

 

‘Oh’.

 

‘Do you think you will be well enough to return tomorrow, or am I to come back here again Sir?’

 

‘Erm… well I’ll tell you in the morning’. Minho coughed into his fisted hand. He kind of enjoyed today even if he slept most of it.

 

‘Okay Sir, one hot lemon drink coming up.’

 

As Taemin left to make the drink, Minho watched after him and with a smile. And a secret look at the younger’s oh so sweet behind. That thing needed more than just a pillow.

 

~

 

‘No’

 

Minho threw a tie across the room.

 

‘No’

 

He then threw a pair of socks.

 

Minho sighed, flopping back onto his bed. ‘What on earth do I get him for Christmas?!’

 

‘How about a promotion?’

 

Minho looked to his friend, named Kim Kibum, who was really his half brother on his mother’s side, a quite close, and trusted family member he respected in his growing years. The male was sat crossed legged on the CEO’s bed, flicking through his phone. ‘Come on the guy is the best assistant you have ever had; the best you can do is giving him a promotion’.

 

‘But then I lose a great assistant’.

 

‘Yeah but then he can be below you,’.

 

‘WHAT!’ Minho flushed quickly, as a naughty thought filled him. ‘Below me?’ He sat up. ‘What do you mean by that?’.

 

‘Below you… you know, like deputy… under you, work partner…oh wait was you thinking something rude’. Kibum shook his head. ‘Oh dear, dear sweet little brother’.

 

Minho laughed awkwardly ‘No… no.. totally not. Why would I think such… such a naughty thing… it… it would be wrong and…’.

 

‘You like him don’t you, your assistant? This is why you’re still single?’.

 

‘Well he’s not… unattractive I will admit’. Minho spoke shyly.

 

Kibum grinned sitting up straight and uncrossing legs. ‘Oh so you do like him?’.

 

‘Well he’s like…like… well the mother I… or we never had in our lives, he takes care of me. He makes sure I’m fed and clothed and he helps me everyday. And he’s like the Girlfriend I’ve always wanted, when I imagine my dream girl, it’s him…only in a dress and…wait…never mind… look he’s the best friend I’ve never-’

 

‘Hey! I thought I was your best friend?’ The elder male gasped.

 

‘Fine he’s the only ‘not as amazing at you’… friend I’ve ever had’.

 

Kibum grinned. ‘Thank you’.

 

‘But…’

 

‘But?’

 

‘He’s a guy’

 

‘So’

 

‘So… I can’t date him anyways’.

 

‘Per-lease, you are just as gay as cousin Jinki’.

 

‘Jinki’s gay?’

 

‘Y-you didn’t hear that from me’. Kibum spoke looking back to his phone. ‘Nobody hears anything thing from me…’

 

‘Is that why he and Jonghyun from work moved in together?’ The younger spoke. ‘And why Jonghyun has started being nice to me?’

 

‘Shush… yes, they’ve been dating for about three years now but shush, aunty Eunsook doesn’t know yet’.

 

Minho gasped. ‘I knew it, I knew he wasn’t at work to see me, he was there to see that small dinosaur’. The CEO grumbled. ‘I thought he wanted to reconnect as family. What does he see in that tiny man anyways?’.

 

‘Hey, he’s cute, you know me, I’ll have a piece of anyone, of any gender. If Jinki had not have gotten in first, I would have taken a chance at him too, anyways back to you and your oh so y assistant’.

 

‘Do you think he will like £100 pounds cash?’ The male spoke looking in his wallet.

 

‘I know take him to a love motel!’. Kibum spoke standing up as if it was the best idea he had come up with all day. ‘Yes! Yes you should take him to a love motel and make sweet love all night long!’

 

‘Kibum I don’t even know if he is gay… he might not even like me like that’. The male gave a small pout. ‘I’ve seen the way he talks to girls, they all love him, always around him.’

 

‘But you do like him, don’t you? And you’re handsome, single…rich. How could he reject that pouty face?’

 

Minho sighed, turning back to his closet of random stuff/I don’t know what to do with you crap, and looking what else he had left over. Then the doorbell rang and Minho gasped as he was shoved aside as his brother went for the door. ‘I’ll get it!’

The male opened the door wide, and found Taemin stood at the door. Looking Kibum up and down he smiled brightly ‘Hello?’.

 

‘You must be Taemin?’ Kibum grinned, taking one of the assistants free hands and shaking it quickly. Then smiling back at Minho who was now stood glaring behind him.

 

‘Yes, we have met on many a occasions…Kibum right?’ The younger grinned.

 

Kibum starred. ‘We have?’ he frowned. ‘When?’

 

‘Ah yes, I once walked in on you and that Japanese Model Arisa Yagi in the male toilets’. The younger laughed awkwardly. ‘You two were… humping against the free cubical.’

 

Kibum gasped, slapping his hand at Taemin’s mouth while Minho gaped from behind. ‘Yes!…. I remember you… you fool! Did you know she left me after that!’ He hissed. ‘She wont answer any of my calls!’

 

‘I’m sorry I needed the toilet, you two didn’t have to stay and watch me’. Minho chuckled as the younger continued to smile.

 

Kibum sighed. Turning on Minho. ‘Good luck finding a gift brother’ He then nudged past the assistant and left. Taemin waved the male goodbye, before turning to his boss. ‘What gift is that sir?’

 

‘Erm… nothing,’. Minho spoke allowing the male to make his way inside. ‘Do you have all the work I requested?’

 

‘Yes Sir’

 

‘Good’

 

‘Okay if that is all, then come along quick Sir, and dress smartly you have a meeting in one hour’.

 

~

 

It was the workplaces Christmas party. The who office was decorated desks moved aside the cheesy christmas songs playing in the background. Finger foods on the desk and a few games had already been played. A time when Minho got really competitive. He won 4 out of 5 games. Now they was all sat in a circle and one person passing out all the secret santa gifts.  

 

‘Merry Christmas Jonghyun!’

 

Jonghyun smiled. Ripping open the gift paper from his ‘Secret Santa’ box, and smiling even wider at the multiple notebook he received in that large box.  ‘Yes!’ He shouted. ‘Thank you secret Santa!’ He blew a kiss at everyone in the room.

 

Minho scoffed leaning closer to Taemin sat beside him, and flicking his bell on his elf style hat. ‘Notebooks?’

 

‘I asked him what he needed the most; he said he needed some new notebooks for his music work’. The assistant grinned back, smiling and jingling his elf hat bell. ‘They was on offer so I got a fair few’

 

Minho pulled back, readjusting his reindeer antlers and slurped his hot chocolate drink. ‘Oh’

 

‘Here you go Minho Sir,’

 

Minho took the gift from the worker dressed up as Santa. He looked at the small box, then he unwrapped it, and opened to find a silver pair of fluffy handcuffs, a small card with a number on, one name of a staff member and a bunch of OXOXO’s. Taemin beside him began to laugh.

 

Minho smiled awkwardly at the female across the room. ‘Thankyou Mia.’

 

The female winked, holding her little finger near and thumb to her ear. ‘Call me’ she whispered. Minho awkwardly smiled. Before looking to his feet.

 

‘And last but not least… Oh Taemin, erm… we don’t seem to have your gift under the tree…’ The dressed up Santa spoke sadly. ‘Who was Tae’s secret Santa?’ Taemin’s smile dropped as he looked at his boss. ‘Sir?’

 

‘Oh erm… well, I didn’t get him a touchable gift, erm…’ Minho stood up. ‘Taemin…we have worked together for a long while now and you are one of the most amazing people in my life.’ The room had gone completely silent.  ‘You have done so much for me. And the only way I can ever repay you is this. So my gift, is… a Promotion… erm would you like to be my partner, in more ways than one?’.

 

A thud was heard as the box in Jonghyun hands was dropped. A few of the workers gasped. And Mia began to cry. Meanwhile Taemin’s jaw had dropped down in pure shock. Minho started looking around to the now silent room.

 

‘What?’

 

The next thing he knew, Taemin had jumped up and wrapped arms around his upper shoulders before pressing a kiss to his lips. ‘I would like that very much’. He whispered, a large smile on his pretty face.

 

In shock of the sudden kiss, Minho pushed him away. The room of people watching as Taemin looked at him confused.

 

‘W-why did you kiss me?’

 

‘You just said you wanted to be partners in more ways than one’ Taemin spoke, his face turning red. ‘You like me right?’

 

‘I wanted you to be my work partner and- be joint CEO…’

 

Taemin took a step back, cheeks bright red and face mortified. ‘O-oh’

 

‘I’m sorry I meant it professionally’. Minho spoke.

 

Taemin now embarrassed took a few more steps back, before bolting from the room.

Jonghyun gave a tut, shaking his head at his boss ‘Not cool man…. Not cool.’

 

‘I think you just broke his heart!’ Another worker spoke. ‘That guys been swooning over you for like three years.’

 

Minho looked down at this news, giving himself a second to take in what the hell had just happened. And then dropping his Christmas gift, took off after Taemin.

 

 

 

 

So yeah.... more sooon Muahahahahah :P Comment pleaseee :P