Soliloquies 01

Misadventures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Soliloquies ft. 95line Seventeen & OC [Chaptered Ongoing]
Inspiration: Class President!Jeonghan in Chocolate MV
Word count: CH01 - 1191 words
 

 

*Italics indicates her internal thoughts.

soliloquy[suh-lil-uh-kwee] 

noun, plural soliloquies.

1.

(from Latin solo "to oneself" + loquor "I talk") is a device often used in drama when a character speaks to himself or herself, relating thoughts and feelings, thereby also sharing them with the audience, giving off the illusion of being a series of unspoken reflections.

2.

the act of talking while or as if alone.

It was the last year of high school and you were looking forward to graduation. 

This is it, the last lap to get through this year just to attend my dream school, The International Performing Arts School. Let this be another smooth and peaceful year. You thought to yourself. 

Since young, you dreamt of being a professional theater actress and thus, decided to pursue your dream by leaving your hometown just to attend this prestigious high school, Seoul Performing Arts High School. Of course, the decision was met with many objections due to your overprotective parents and older brother and much less the whole of your extended family since everyone back there has always been close knitted. Everyone was close to you and you treasured your family the most because they were the pillar of support for the past sixteen years of your life. 

Headstrong and stubborn, that was what everyone in the family said about you, whenever you put your mind to something that you have decided on, you never let anything get into the way. So here you are with just one more year left to stepping closer to what you have always been pinning for. 

And that was how you came up with the unsaid rule in your head that you have stuck strictly ever since you left home, which was to never to fall in love until you achieved your dreams. Your close girlfriends often teased you that you would grow old as a spinster whenever you consistently rejected their offers to set you up with a blind date with someone they termed as 'potential candidate'. And you have not forgotten how almost every forced single blind date that you have been on went badly, but none of that actually gets to you because you have your priorities set. 

 

"Hey Y/N, how's it going!" you turned to look at your close friend who playfully smacked you on your back. You smiled back at her, "Everything's going well, I can't wait to graduate this year!" 

"No! This means we'll be going our separate ways, how can you be looking forward to that..." Yuna whined as she shook your arms in disagreement.

"Relax Yuna! It's not like I am migrating to the end of the world, we can still meet up even if we are in different schools," You laughed at her reaction.

"Oh anyway did you hear about it! This is the best news, we are in the same class as three of the school's prodigies! It's all thank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter