First Evidence

the aftermath

 

Seungri might just have received the weirdest text message he's ever got. A text message that has no words or any letter whatsoever- only a winking emoji. From President YG. Weird. As far as he can remember, President YG only sends him three types of message- a "don't do anything stupid", a "you're in trouble, i'll talk to you later" and a "you're late". That's it, messages that are direct and to the point, not a winking emoji.

He must have been staring intensely at his phone far longer than necessary as a flight attendant suddenly appears beside him, face painted with apparent concern and wariness, "Sir, are you okay?"

After MAMA last night, he had a schedule for a late night radio show in Hong Kong so he was left behind while the other BIGBANG members went off with their own busy schedules- which are all in Seoul. Basically, he was the only one left and right after the radio guesting, he had a plane to catch destined for Incheon Airport and a chance to rest for a few hours. He just woke up though, and what a confusing beautiful text message to wake up to.

Seungri thinks he should remove his eyes from the phone and face the flight attendant, but seriously, what kind of text message is this?

Instead of answering her, he turns his phone screen away from him, making sure that the screen is facing her and clearly displaying the text message. "What do you think does this mean?"

The flight attendant's concerned expression changes into confusion in a matter of seconds.

"Sir, it's an emoticon?"

"Yeah, what does that mean?"

The flight attendant stares at him. He stares back. 

"Sir, would you like a cup of water?"

Seungri lowers his hand, leans back to a reclining position and pouts. "Okay."

Giving him a concerned look once more, the flight attendant scurries away from him into the aisle. It's not his fault, he thinks, that his boss is a professional troller and it's definitely not the first time that he has been the target. He considers flirting with the flight attendant once she comes back but oh well, he might as well rest for a bit more.

***********************************************************************************

It turns out that he wouldn't be meeting his manager and the other BIGBANG members until the day after, where they would be performing as a group for Sky Festival alongside many other groups. Seungri went on with his own activities throughout the day, signing contracts for brands, and all the other idol stuff. He would say it had been a typical winter day, apart from the text message the President sent him and the increasing number of notifications on his Instragram that seems to get twice the amount of attention.

And of course, the mysterious name "Seunghun".

Is he a new idol Seungri hasn't heard of yet and somehow manages to be so suddenly popular? And what's his connection to BIGBANG? So many people have flooded his account's comment section with the name Seunghun and it's truly baffling because Seungri can't remember hearing that name before even though he always try to make sure he knows everyone's name from the industry.  

He glances at the dark evening sky before shutting the car's door behind him and walks straight to the entrance of the little cafe on the less crowded area of Seoul. The temperature must be around 3 degree celsius, which isn't too bad considering it's December and excuses his thick scarf that covers half of his face. He once tried using a thick scarf as a disguise on an errand last Summer and it only took few minutes for people to recognise him- or at least his celebrity status.

As soon as he steps inside the cafe, warmth and the aroma of coffee surrounds him. He wasn't planning on staying here for dine-in, just a quick takeout order of coffee and then get going again. The cafe is nice though and there's only three people inside apart from him and the barista which lessens the chance of him being bombarded by paparazzis or a mob of fans.

Hmm, he might as well stay for an hour or so.

"Goodevening, sir," greets the male barista with a bored tone. "What would you like to order?"

"A latte and a red velvet cake, please," he says, careful to not reveal his identity. The barista's boredom and "i'm too sleepy for this " mood makes it easier for Seungri to hide his identity.

"That, and anything else?"

"That will do." 

He looks down at the floor before feeling a vibration in his pocket. Pulling his phone out, it says that the latest message is from his manager.

22:32 pm

Don't worry about Seunghun, we're handling it. Remember to not say anything regarding to it and it'll die down in a few days.

Seungri frowns. Today is the day of random and weird text messages, isn't it? And what's up with the Seunghun name? How is he supposed to say anything regarding to it when he doesn't even know what they're all up about. 

The first time he heard of the name Seunghun, it was in his arrival in the airport earlier where the typical fans were carrying a banner with Seunghun on it and lots and lots of hearts. The next one was this afternoon when he received a text from TOP that says Seunghun huh ~  ;), he replied back with ??? before figuring out that TOP won't likely reply back to explain. The craziest one though was when he checked his Instagram account's comment section flooded with seunghun!!!. It was totally weird, alright, especially with no one to ask what the hell is going on.

Seunghun sounds a lot like his name, almost like what would his brother's name would be if he has one.

Wait,

22:34 pm

Is someone claiming to be my long-lost brother?

 

The door behind him opened and a gust of cold winter air hits his back. It disrupts the calm atmosphere in the cafe as the door slams back down loudly. Seungri looks behind his shoulder to look at the offender, while tucking his phone back away in his pocket. 

The person is a guy dressed in an all black ensemble, with quick strides crossing the welcome area and into the counter, placing himself beside Seungri. 

Seungri looks him up and down none-too discreetly before concentrating on the stranger's face. The guy is wearing black sunglasses that is as dark as the rest of his clothes, making his flawless fair complexion stands out and giving him the obvious aura of someone famous. Seungri knows someone in disguise when he sees one (because he's also one)

"A latte, please, take out," the guy breathes out hurriedly and with a too-deep voice to sound normal. In a hurry and fake voice? Definitely a celebrity, Seungri thinks. 

And very y. 

"Ehem," Seungri purposefully coughs to get the guy's attention once the barista has turned his back. He's feeling generous tonight and giving a tip or two on disguising as an experienced idol wouldn't hurt anyone. 

The guys looks at him warily.

"Don't wear sunglasses at 10pm in the evening, and during winter," he whispers loud enough for the boy to hear, "people will figure out you're someone important very quickly. I once wore a thick scarf during summer, didn't work."

To not freak the boy out with his random comment, Seungri lowers his scarf, just enough to show his whole face. He grins.

He can imagine just the way the boy's eyes comically widen behind his dark sunglasses, his mouth forming a little 'o'. Seungri drops into a low bow, and the boy followed quickly with a hasty bow after his apparent shock. In exchange for Seungri's little revelation, the boy removes his own sunglasses.

Oh wait.

Isn't this the pretty boy he sat on MAMA yesterday?

Right. Explains why he seems so paranoid. Being an EXO member isn't easy either. 

"Pleasure to meet you in here," he says.

The boy, Sehun, drops his eyes to the floor before smiling shyly, scratching the back of his neck. "Uh, y-you too, seonbaenim"

It is generally acknowledge that EXO members are all model looking and fangirls often have to fight over who's the most handsome. Seungri would argue though that Sehun is the fairest of them all. When he saw the EXO members sitting during the BAE BAE performance, his only intention was to sing behind them just like what he did with TaeTiSeo to cool down the fanwars but this guy was too pretty with a pokerface on and Seungri would like to know how he looks like when he's shy so he did what he knows will make anyone shy, he sat on his lap. Sure enough, Sehun had to cover his face to hide his shy expression which Seungri thought was too cute to handle. All for fun and peace though. Even his hyungs can't stop laughing at his little stunt.

Right now, Sehun is being uncomfortably shy which is cute and also a bit disconcerting with the way the younger guy is avoiding his eyes. 

Through the transparent windows, Seungri thinks there was a small flash in the corner of his eyes, but dismisses it as someone locking their car outside.

There is a loud clunk coming from the counter. Both of them turns around at the same time to see the barista gaping and almost dropping the tray with Seungri's order and a separate one for Sehun's. The transition of a bored barista to a gaping one is amusing. An EXO and BIGBANG member in front of him, who wouldn't be surprised?

The barista continues gaping.

"Ooh, is that mine?" Seungri asks to alleviate the attention.

"Y-yes."

Sehun grabs his own coffee from the barista's outstretch arm before politely taking Seungri's orders and handing it to him.

"I'm so sorry but I really have to go," says Sehun before bowing once again. 

Seungri thinks it's really cute how Sehun can manage to look so shy and flustered with a pokerface and a little bit annoying on how Sehun wouldn't meet his eyes. It's probably because of what happened yesterday in MAMA. 

"It's fine! Being late is never a good thing," he grins, laughing at his own joke because who's he kidding, he's almost always late.

Sehun still wouldn't look at him. "Hopefully the issue would die soon, it's a bit embarassing." He smiles shyly again and makes a move towards the door. "Nice meeting you here, sunbaenim"

Due to confusion, Seungri didn't manage to say goodbye back before the boy was out of the door. An issue? Why does everyone today seem to be talking about an issue he isn't aware of?

He glances back at the counter, and the barista is still gaping.

Fishing out a generous tip from his jean pocket, he drops it in the tin can before heading off to the seats.

*******************************************************************************

next morning somewhere in seoul

President YG grabs another handful of tissue to wipe the spilled liquid on the table top, motioning for his secretary to take the mug and to make him another coffee. Just like every other morning, he reads the newspaper laid out by his secretary on his desk while taking his daily does of caffeine. Unfortunately, today the celebrity section's headline is even more surprising than yesterday's, so shocking that he suddenly had to spit out some of his coffee and wet the controversial newspaper in the process.

[BREAKING] After MAMA stunt, BIGBANG's Seungri and EXO's Sehun seen together on a romantic cafe at midnight.

President YG debates on whether to proceed reading the whole article or to take his coffee first to mentally prepare himself. He learnt that taking the two together isn't gonna work.

Shaking his head, he sits straighter before proceeding to the first paragraph. 

Both Korean and International Fans have taken notice of the chemistry between the two members of the wildly popular boy group BIGBANG and EXO after the sweet interaction from yesterday's MAMA 2015. The pairing of Seungri and Sehun that the fans have named as "Seunghun" had garnered its own hashtag in Twitter with 991.5k tweets just from last night only. However, the interaction does not end there as a reliable source had caught the two idols meeting inside a romantic coffee shop on the outskirts of the busy streets of Seoul. This coffee shop is said to be targeted towards lovers that are wanting to spend time with each other without the busy traffic and noisy streets, just perfect for two popular personalities avoiding a crowd. 

President YG did check the articles online yesterday and people seem to be only talking about the Seunghun pairing. That is not surprising, considering that BIGBANG and EXO have the two largest fanbase right now and with the two fanbase joining together means that the impact will be twice as more. 

He lowers the newspaper as well as leaning back to his CEO chair.

When he read the news yesterday, it was highly amusing considering that the pairing is homoual and Korean netizens seem to be taking it positively. He knew though that this pairing will also soon fade away as the rest of the past dating issues between idols, just like how it did with Taeyeon and GDragon only about a month ago. The most effective way of diminishing a dating issue is to completely cease interactions between the two idols involved, which he thought yesterday was an extremely easy task because EXO and BIGBANG does not have any activities together. 

However, this does not seem to be the case. He can't wrap his head around the fact that Seungri and Sehun actually met last night on a romantic cafe on the quiet area of Seoul. Just... why?

According to GDragon, none of them knows any EXO members enough to be close friends so it's impossible for Seungri to be suddenly in contact with EXO's Sehun. Except of course if Seungri had somehow been sneaking into EXO's dormitory or something crazy like that (which isn't too impossible considering it's Seungri involved)

Instead of proceeding on the second paragraph, YG flips the front page over to look at the photos taken of the two boys from last night. In the first photo, Seungri was facing the camera with his face clearly showing while the other boy has his back towards the camera. In the second photo though, it is revealed that the guy with Seungri is EXO's Sehun as he was captured leaving the cafe. 

So it's really true then, the President thinks. And to his horror, his mouth begins to form into a wide-blown grin as he stops himself from squealing out loud. 

Who says CEOs cannot be fans too?

"Come over here," he calls out to his secretary.

His secretary strides into his office with a new coffee at hand. "Yes, sir?"

"Contact the Sky Festival event manager and hand the phone over to me." 

Time for some trolling.

 

 

a/n : I know that you're not allowed to use communication devices during flights, but who cares, it's Seungri! Also, did anyone see what I did there? I wrote this chapter earlier than I thought I will because the comments are so kind and motivating! Thank you! I happened to watch this video of Taeyang and Seungri today where they were teasing him for flirting with flight attendants LOL

And help me with the honorifics and how would Sehun address Seungri, please? Not sure with 'seonbaenim' or 'sunbae'