something cliché i don’t know but i want

Wish Tree: A Winter Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something Cliché I Don’t Know but I Want

V/Wheein {bts/mamamoo}

PG, AU, Romance, 2190w.

 

 

Taehyung was basically screwed.

Or, so, not entirely but he couldn’t really blame anyone for it. He wasn’t forced to do it, and he somehow volunteered himself, in much to Hoseok’s relief — Kim Taehyung was such a life savior.

“So, here’s the plan. You need to see my cousin as soon as possible before the Christmas dinner and you guys need to sort things out, like what you should call each other, how do you guys met and so on,” Taehyung nodded weakly and Hoseok rambled out the important details that Taehyung couldn’t really catch up.

He's a good friend, he could say that to himself. He helped others whenever he could, even though sometimes, it’s pretty messed up but he’d always find a way to help. He just couldn’t stand seeing people in trouble.

This also counted that he couldn’t stand seeing damsel in distress.

 

 

 

 

 

It started when Hoseok called him in urgency. He told him in frantic to see him at their usual hangout place, the diner. He arrived in his favorite red flannel checkered shirt and skinny jeans — he could see Hoseok bouncing on his seat, face scrunched in anxious and he wondered what had gotten him in trouble this time.

“So, the thing is, I want you to be my cousin’s boyfriend for our family’s Christmas gathering. The keyword is fake.”

He almost choked on his French fries. This dude must be joking, Taehyung premised in his head, but he had known him long as he could remember, and he looked pretty serious about this. He’s a good friend, more like a brother to him. Plus, he didn’t see the wrong of being a fake boyfriend when he’s single except that he’d be lying to a group of poor innocent souls in a very blessed day of Christmas, but Hoseok was desperate, enough to induce him that his help was majorly in need. It’s not like he didn’t have a choice, but he chose this.

“Okay, I’ll help you.

 

 

 

 

 

Well, the problem was Taehyung didn’t know who and which was his cousin except for the given name; Jung Wheein.

Their first meeting was set by Hoseok – a lunch date at their usual diner, sharp on twelve noon. It’s odd but he could feel that he’s nervous, it’s like he’s been set in some sort of blind date but the fact was they’re meeting because they needed to settle the important details of their relationship. He could say that he’s officially Jung Wheein’s boyfriend. Fake was the keyword.

She’s cute with catlike eyes under the auburn fringe and a pair of curved edge could be seen at the corners of her lips when he first spotted her at his usual table. Looks like he’s not the only one who’s nervous.

“Hi. Wheein, right?”

She’s slightly surprised with his sudden appearance, “yes, that’s me. Kim Taehyung?”

She asked back while stretching her hand over for a handshake and Taehyung greeted her with a firm one, even her hand is soft and small.

“I’m so sorry for the trouble. I didn’t know that Hoseok oppa was dead serious when he said you’re willing to be my boyfriend for our Christmas family gathering. I apologize for the inconvenience.”

Taehyung beamed, “no, it’s okay. It’s at least something that I can do for him. So, shall we start?”

It turned out well, a little awkward but it’s not that bad, at all.

He learned a few things about her — she’s in the same age as him, currently majoring in Art & Music at a women university which could be the reason why she didn’t have a boyfriend.

But one thing he couldn’t deny, they had this unfamiliar yet compatible chemistry. First thing first, they ordered the same set of hamburgers with no pickles, and a giant glass of watermelon milkshake. It’s weird but at least he knew that there’s still someone else who loved having French fries with extra caramel sauce asides him. People think it tasted weird, but Wheein thought otherwise.

He decided to drive her home since she lived in a student dorm at the same junction that he used, and the temperature was getting colder by the evening struck — he's gentleman enough to even open the door for her.

“Once again, I’m so sorry for dragging you in this mess and thank you for today. It’s really nice to get know of you, Taehyung. So, see you again?”

 

Hoseok could tell that Taehyung had a pleasant date with his cousin just by looking at how he kept smiling by the time he came back home.

“Shut up, Jungkook,” Taehyung said when Jungkook in a singsong, “Taehyung is in love~”.

 

 

 

 

 

Wheein thought her cousin was playing around when he said he set her up with one of his good-looking friends. Hoseok could be a prankster at times, reminding her about their childhood memories when he would put frogs in her ballet shoes.

She owed him big time when it turned out that her fake boyfriend was a tall, golden skin guy with boxy smile, and lovable, witty antics who loved the 70’s songs as much as she did.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter