home is where my heart belongs to you

Wish Tree: A Winter Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Home Is Where My Heart Belongs to You

Bobby/Nayeon; {ikon/twice}

PG, high school!au, light romance/fluff, 2554w.

 

 

“Kim Jiwon, one more time I see you dribbling your lousy basketball again in the hallway – you have no right to have it as yours once I take and give it to The Disciplinary Administrative centre.”

Nayeon’s voice was clear and stern, enough to intimidate everyone who heard her in JYG Academy’s main hallway but never to the target itself; Kim Jiwon.

He casually tucked the orange ball under his arm, his eyes squinted as he made his way to Nayeon’s direction with a trace of unsatisfied and annoyed, while everyone seemed to anticipate the whole upcoming arguments between the School Basketball MVP and Miss Vice President.

Now, their eyes were just an air away from each other and the intense blazing staring contest can set up the whole school on fire if they kept it any longer than usual.

One, two, thre—

“YOU!”

And here they go – getting themselves in their usual heated arguing session, pointing every single flaw that their opponents have and it’s not a surprise for the whole student body of JYG Academy to see this kind of mayhem.

They just know how they can’t stand with each other’s existence. They just can’t be put in the same air; otherwise, the whole place would get on fire with their hellacious, nonsense arguments.

The teachers didn’t know what to do anymore, how to find solution about this matter. Especially when Jiwon would purposely throw a tantrum at Nayeon’s head with his basketball. Which of course, she didn’t want to lose when she shut down the whole water supply by the time Jiwon and his team finished their practice — she did it for the sake of avoiding any waste to the school funds.

 

But there’s only one thing that can solve this chaos for a while.

 

“Kim Jiwon! Im Nayeon! Detention!”

“But he/she started it first!”

 

“I’m pretty sure both of them will end up together by the end of the year. Wanna bet?” ㅡ and that’s the only thing that the students would talk about every time the duo fights.

 

 

 

 

 

Every student in JYG Academy was being exceptionally happy by the time the last school bell rang. They’re going home for their Christmas holiday. All of them rushed to their respective dorms and started to pack everything that they owned there.

Well, maybe, not everyone when Jiwon and Nayeon still have a few horrible minutes left in the detention class. Both of them have been barely slipping a glance at each other from each side of the classroom. The teacher-in-charge made sure that they sat at their possible, furthest desks or chaos may ensue.

“You know, it’s not my fault that you can’t go home early for Christmas holiday.”

Jiwon defensively started as a pencil in his hand kept twirling on the desk while Nayeon pretended that she heard nothing but her own breathing and the rage that she’s been holding inside her. Her reputation as the Student Council Vice President was ruined again, and thanks to this certain idiotic jock that got her a detention. How lovely.

“Well, then. It’s not my fault too that you can’t go home for Christmas holiday earlier than you think,” she kept the snarl as professional and sarcastic as she can before giving an irritated look.

Jiwon gazed at her with his usual poker face, “in that case, it’s your fault. I’m not going home for Christmas.”

 “That’s absurd. No one celebrates Christmas at school, alone. Nice try.”

She shot a grimace, abandoning her journal on the desk to get a view of Kim Jiwon, seeing any traces of him lying but instead, he seemed pretty serious with his usual blank face. The possibility of him being honest was doubtlessly great, based on her meticulous instinct. People like Jiwon could be complicated to be read but she just knew it.

“You’re being serious, aren’t you?”

The boy let out a nonchalant shrug before ignoring the girl while Nayeon felt a little bad of herself when she saw the way his shoulders slumped in wilt.

 

 

 

 

 

And Jiwon was talking the truth. He won’t be going home for Christmas because he never will. His family didn’t live here in South Korea.

They’re far away in the United States, specifically in ia.

Thanks to Seungcheol, Jiwon’s dorm-mate for the information when she ran into him on her rush back to her dorm. It got her curious to know what Jiwon was trying to say earlier.

“Yeah, it’s been three years he has spent Christmas with his relatives but this year, he said he wants to spend it here since it’s the last year of school,” Seungcheol explained and her eyes widened of disbelief.

It’s illogical; who would spend their Christmas alone? Christmas was a blessing. It could be anyone but Jiwon? Nayeon could hardly believe it. She had barely known him even though they’ve been going to JYG Academy ever since freshman year. All she knew was throwing fights at him and she could say that he’s a very popular guy, he didn’t seem to have problems with making friends. It’s a normal side to see him being huddled with people around.

But the idea of imagining Kim Jiwon celebrating his Christmas alone without his loved ones was something that Nayeon couldn’t easily let go off her head right now.

For the first time in Im Nayeon’s life, she felt sympathy for her lifetime nemesis Kim Jiwon.

 

 

 

 

 

Jiwon was left alone in his dorm.

All of his dorm-mates have already went home and it’s a lie if he didn’t feel the slightest slump at the pit of his heart remembering the fact that he can’t celebrate Christmas with his family again, this year.

His trails of thought got cut with sudden knocks on his door. Must be one of his dorm-mates rushed back to take some important stuff.

But by the time he opened the door, it turned out to be Nayeon, surprisingly out of anyone that he would imagine seeing right now.

What guts did this girl have to show up in front

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter