of white mistletoe and insomniac mixtape for kang seulgi

Wish Tree: A Winter Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Of White Mistletoe and Insomniac Mixtape for Kang Seulgi

Suga/Seulgi {bts/red velvet}

PG, AU, Romance/Slice of life, 2438w.

 

 

Yoongi’s long fingers kept drumming on the windowsill of his bedroom, producing out a quiet enthralling cadence and he might have come out with new rhythms for his upcoming mixtape.

It’s almost dawn when he’s too immersed within his observance whenever insomnia has got in the way which solely has been the reason for his already existed dark circles around the eyes and also, he attained a quite number of inspirations throughout the sleepless welkin of Seoul city and him.

His left cheek was propped lazily on one of his hands with his elbows slouched on the sill, lips humming along to some unfamiliar tune (could be one of his songs in the making) and head bobbed to the left and right following the harmony. Eyes wandered around the dawning of the rising sun and slowly, the skyline traced silhouette at the brink of his eyelashes as they blinked in somnolence.

Seoul has snowed already and he still didn’t feel the cold was being such a bother to him, yet. Once the sun has almost reached the horizon, he turned his sight away as the sunbeams could barely run through inside his room. The mattress squeaked as he bounced up with his feet touching the wooden floor. He almost flinched because of the sudden appall, and the cold has somehow managed to bother him now, already.

He dragged his feet lazily, straight to his makeshift kitchen and he tried to start his morning with a mug of black coffee, like usual.

His eyes looked up at the ceiling as if it has an interesting thing on it, and he’s not a very patient person to wait for his kettle to boil. Fingers continued to drum again, the cabinet was kind of steely and the horrible beats didn’t seem to sync along with his hums.

Somewhat in a sudden lapse, he wondered will he always stay like this. Will there something change? Or he just didn’t want to let anything around him to change?

The kettle screeched and a sorrow sigh escaped from his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

Well, the cold was seriously getting in his nerve like real bad. His whole body was already stiffening, and much worse when his fingers could barely strengthen; frostbite has somehow gotten in the way as an early Christmas gift — in which resulting to him on unable to finish a single song composition.

The coffee machine on the first floor of his studio was under maintenance when he’s in a dire need of warmth. He didn’t think twice before walking out from the building to fetch himself a black coffee and he did regret it a lot because it’s freaking goddamn cold like he couldn’t feel his knees anymore.

Nose was completely red and basically, it's got runny by the time he arrived at a small coffee shop that’s by luck, in just a few blocks away. He rushed to one of the counters to make his order.

“Welcome to Starbucks. What can I have for you?”

To be honest, he didn’t really give a care at any strangers that he'd met through his life because he just simply didn’t care but this one might be the first that has ever caught his attention.

The one in the counter was a girl. A very pretty one; her eyes were like the shape of almonds, they crinkled into a pair of crescent lines that he thought they’re quite admirable even with a uniform cap covering her hair and he can find something glimmering inside them. He wonders what it was.

“…..uh, mister, are you okay?”

He quickly shook his head before scratching his nape awkwardly with a sheepish smile. Wow, that’s pretty embarrassing, Yoongi mentally slapped himself. The girl chuckled, and he liked the sound of it even though he thought that’s kind of creepy but whatever — it’s just nice.

“Rough day, huh? I understand. Maybe, something nice and warm can help. You looked like someone who needs caffeine, a strong one, maybe? How about a hot black coffee?”

Her correct guess got him stunned because was she a psychic? He instantly nodded and he didn’t remember being this nervous in front of a pretty girl. The cold was driving him sick, somehow.

“How did you know?”

He asked as casual as he can and the girl let on a small giggle, “I just know and my, it must be terribly cold out there. Your nose is all red.”

“Yeah, really. I can’t feel my knees anymore,” he attempted a lame joke and still, the girl laughed with her hand placed over her lips — Yoongi swore that she had one of the prettiest laughs that tingled your heart in a sensible way.

She then pressed his order on the cash register before grabbing an empty cup, “what’s your name?”

“Yoongi,” he replied shortly and she scribbled his name on it. He thought she’s really adorable when she concentrated in writing his name on the cup, as her tongue poked slightly out of her lips.

He slad the cash on the counter when she passed his cup to the barista in-charge to make his black coffee.

“Part-timer?”

He decided to have some small talk even though he knew that he’s not that good with it, but he wanted to at least kill the time to wait for his coffee. He hates waiting. And he’s doing this not because he wanted to get know of this pretty cashier. Or maybe, he just didn’t want to admit it.

“Yeah, trying to save up some money for Christmas. I want to buy something for my parents once it’s enough,” she tilted her head slightly with a small smile and his heart warmed up at her thoughtfulness. It’s not easy to find girls who were willing to spend their money on their elderlies instead of shopping for their own.

Once he's got his order in his hand, he accidentally let out a breathy sneeze and he cursed all the mothers of winter because it’s giving his head dizzy already.

 

He let out a faint smile wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter