Flashback

It's Not... (Discontinued)

HI! I'm awfully sorry that I couldn't update for so long... :( I kind of lost my muse along the way... I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this story... But I'm still going to try to finish this... However, if this discontinued, I apologize in advance.

Also, I edited the 2nd chapter, because I wanted to write a flashback, but it wouldn't really fit the plot if I didn't so if you read the 2nd chapter then the ending will fit along this chapter. Thank you!

 

 

She never liked to greet rookies in the industry. They were always so fresh, with their 90 degree bows and synchronized introductions.  Rookies were so innocent. They had no idea about what was behind-the-scenes. Behind the sparkling stage, behind the smiles and flashlights, behind the screams, behind the happiness, was a shadow of a person. Rookies were so alive. She, along with many other long-time idols, knew that it was impossible to keep smiling beyond the curtain. IU was happy, but Lee Jieun was tired. Yes, Lee Jieun still loved singing. But IU wasn't just singing. IU was the package. The sleepless nights filled with dance practices and vocal lessons. IU was the polite laughter that was required during variety shows. IU was cute, and she was the Nation's Little Sister. Sure, there were days Lee Jieun loved IU. But there was a period of time when Lee Jieun was breaking under IU. It was then that Lee Jieun met Min Yoongi.

It was at a small stand in the sidewalk of Seoul. Lee Jieun sat in a corner, drowning herself in her sorrows. She hated what IU became. Not a singer, but an image made by others. It was then that Min Yoongi came up to her. He recognized her, even through her large hood was covering half her face, and sunglasses were over her eyes even though it was night. Min Yoongi had sat down in front of her. He was tired after a day of producing with no progress. He needed alcohol during those nights. Lee Jieun didn't notice him at first. She was absorbed with what was ahead of her, that she didn't see what was in front of her. So she jumped a mile high when a deep voice spoke.

"Tired?" He said bluntly. Min Yoongi didn't have a filter. He was blunt, unlike Suga of BTS.

Lee Jieun looked up, and vaguely remembered his face. They first met as IU, and Suga of BTS. It was at a music show, and they just briefly greeted in a sunbae-hoobae way. It was brief, almost nonexistent, and Jieun didn't exactly know what happened in that first second.  (A/N: This is during IU's Red Shoes era, so a couple years ago) To Suga, IU was just a talented artist. To IU, Suga was a regular rookie in the idol industry. He wasn't incredibly handsome, but was recognizable as an idol. Lee Jieun put on her IU mask.

"Oh, hi! You're in BTS, right?" IU took off her glasss. She was bright, even at 2 in the morning. Because IU was the Nation's Little Sister. 

Min Yoongi smiled softly. 

"You're tired, aren't you." 

Something about his voice, the way her tenderly looked at her, like IU was a puppy, made Lee Jieun take off her mask. He looked at her. He understood. Lee Jieun looked at him, and without her realizing, nodded.

"Yes." 

It was then that Lee Jieun met Min Yoongi. It was then that she broke down, and it was then that she decided that Min Yoongi was different, because he listened to Lee Jieun, and not IU. 

(A/N: I wrote this at 2, and I'm  not going to go over this. If you're confused, I'll explain.^^ So basically, Lee Jieun was drinking at a bar because she was tired of being IU, an image made by the people. Jieun wanted to be a singer, not an image that sang. And she meets Min Yoongi coincidentally, and he listens to Lee Jieun, not IU. So she can connect with him.)