Chapter 3

You + Me = ?

Seoyoun's P.O.V

"Our mom..she got into a car accident and she's in a life or death state." 

 

"W-what?" The words barely came out of my own mouth. 

 

"Didn't you hear clearly?"

 

"Not the time Seunghoon hyung." I pushed past Mino and came directly in front of Hanbin.

 

"What about your dad? Where is he? I thought he was back from his business trip." He looked at me once with teary eyes, and then kicked the tree. Everyone, including me, was frozen. He didn't show any reaction, but the hearing of his bones cracking was clear. 

 

"That bastard was too busy cheating on her with some employee at his work."

 

"Hey, hey hey. Calm the down. You really don't need to go around kicking every tree. By the looks of it, it looks like you broke your ankle. I'll drop you off at the hospital, drive Hanbyul back and I'll come pick you up. Sound good?" 

 

"Yea." He whispered, still tearing up a bit.

 

"Okay, yea. Just lean on me and um, yea."

 

"We'll see you tomorrow Hanbin."

 

"Take care." 

 

"HE SAYS THANK YOU." I yelled back for him.

 

"When did I say that?"

 

"Hey, they're worried for you. That's what you say." I reached for my keys and opened the back door. I helped him get in, before closing the door and getting to my seat.

 

"Unnie, why is he here?" 

 

"Long story. I'll drop you off and then bring him to the hospital, okay?"

 

"Okay." Then the whole car ride there was just awkward. 

 

***

 

"Hi, Seoyoun-ssi? Your friend is done. He's in room 112. I'll take you there." I nodded and followed her there.

 

"Thank you." 

 

"You're welcome. Have a nice night." I gave her a small smile, and she went her way.

 

"Calmed down a bit?" I asked, closing the door behind me. 

 

"Yea, I guess." I walked over to his bed and sat down in the chair.

 

"Good, good." 

 

"How do you know my sister?" He looked at me with a questioning look.

 

"I'm her nurse. I was assigned to her as soon as she came in because that day was when I started working part time." I replied with a shrug.

 

"Oh..why'd you help me?"

 

"I didn't know we were playing 21 questions."

 

"Geez, I'm just asking." I rolled my eyes, but decided to answer anyways.

 

"You didn't think I'd help you just because we're rivals? Well, if you were in a fight, probably not. Actually, because you're Hanbyul's brother."

 

"So if it was anyone else, you wouldn't have helped?" He asked with an amused look on his face.

 

"I would've driven off so fast." We both chuckled at the same time, surprising ourselves.

 

"Why aren't you like this at school?" 

 

"I don't know. I feel like there's not a need to. Why don't you act like this at school?"

 

"Like what?" He looked at me with a dumbfounded expression.

 

"A desperate and caring brother."

 

"I don't know. I feel like there's not a need to." I scoffed.

 

"Copycat."

 

"Whatever."

 

"You know, Hanbyul really loves you. She needs to know why, but this is a lot to take in, especially for Hanbyul. So, why don't you come with me? It's on Wednesday at 5."

 

"Sounds great." He shrugged. My eye swandered off to the clock. Time flies by fast.

 

"Well, I should get going. We have school tomorrow." I stood up and started to leave.

 

"Seoyoun?"

 

"Yea?" I spun around.

 

"Thanks."

 

"You're welcome. Oh, and between us?"

 

"Of course. There's not a need for everyone to know." He smirked at me, continuing to mock me.

 

"Goodnight Hanbin." I closed the door behind me and sighed.

 

"Goodnight!" I smiled to myself when he said that. I walked away, shaking my head. Tonight was a long night.

 

***

 

"How was work?" Satu asked me with full of food.

 

"Ew. Can you like talk after your mouth is empty?" Katerina cringed at her.

 

"Omg. Stop it you too. Work was great as usual. Found something surprising, but overall was great." I shrugged, taking the last bite from my sandwhich.

 

"Ouu what?" Katerina asked.

 

"I got paid extra."

 

"How much?" Satu's eyes perked up in curiosity.

 

"$600, and I know what you're going to say. It's a no." I glared at her.

 

"No!!! Pleaseee?"

 

"It's her money. If you want extra, you got to work for it." Then, after Katerina's reply, the bickering war started. I stretched my back, but my eyes landed somewhere else. All by accident of course. Before I could look away, Hanbin looked up. In my surprise, he smiled a genuine kind smile. I bit my lip before looking behind me. I pointed to myself, asking him if he was smiling at me. He mouthed a yes, and I chuckled.

 

"What's so funny?"

 

"Huh?" I said a bit too loudly when Katerina and Satu leaned in.

 

"Are you possibly...flirting?" They leaned in closer, raising their eyebrows with a smirk plastered on thier faces.

 

"Ever heard of personal space?" I glared at them, and they both retreated.

 

"Geez, looks like someone got off on the wrong side of the bed." Satu murmered.

 

"I heard that, and no. I was not flirting."

 

"Then what were you laughing at?"

 

"You guys fighting. It's honestly kid's play." I casually answered, trying to get them to switch the subject.

 

"Geez. Well, you didn't have to put it like that." They both went to the side, pouting. I chuckled and picked my bag up.

 

"See? You guys are 5 year olds." 

 

"Hey, where are you going?"

 

"I'm skipping last period and I'm going to see Hanbyul." 

 

"It's not Wednesday yet..wait, that's when you work, right?" Katerina asked, Satu nodding along.

 

"Yea, it's Tuesday today. Whatever though. I want to see her. Tell our teacher I got sick. Bye." I waved them off and started making my way to my car. Wait..should I tell Hanbin? My hand rested on the door handle, contemplating on whether I should tell him or not. I sighed and took my phone out. I entered my passcode and went to my contacts until I realized I don't have his number. Why would I have his number in the first place anyways. Wait..I brought my phone closer to make sure my eyes weren't decieving me. 

 

Kim Hanbin.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Here's an update for y'all. I'm not going to lie, but there's going to be a bit of drama in the next chapter or two. My part one of my Christmasn present! Part 2 of my present will be up in literally 30 seconds. Merry Christmas everyone~