Chapter 4

You + Me = ?

Seoyoun's P.O.V

"Hey, you actually came." I greeted an out of breath Hanbin.

 

"Of course." 

 

"Anyways, get in the car before anyone sees us together." I opened the door to the driver's seat and closed it within a second. I took my car keys out of my bag and put it in the engine, putting my bag in the bacck seat. 

 

"It's a good thing you have black windows." He chuckled, putting his bag in the back seat. I rolled my eyes and may have put my foot down on the accelerator a little too hard.

 

"So, want to tell me how I have your number in my phone?" 

 

"I put it there?"

 

"When?"

 

"Oh yea, you kind of left your phone when you were dropping off Hanbyul." I nodded.

 

"It's a miracle how you only have a sprained ankle after that kick."

 

"I know, right? I guess I got lucky."

 

"Yea, I guess you did." 

 

"So..how are we going to tell her?"

 

"I'm not going to tell her. You're going to tell her. I'll help you along the way though."

 

"I-I don't know how to tell her."

 

"Well, it's not for sure - I mean, your mom could still be alive. Just tell her that your dad is off with another woman and that your mom got into an accident." I simply shrugged, turning a left to the parking lot.

 

"Wow. How do you know what to say?" 

 

"Well, that's what my parents told me when my brother died." I parked right in front of the building. It was only 4 floors, which was quite big for a children's hospital. I took my keys out ans sighed.

 

"I'm so sorry."

 

"It's cool. He died years ago." I chuckled nonchantly. 

 

"Still..."

 

"I'm alone anyways. I'm used to it. You don't have to pretend to care. Anyways, let's go see Hanbyul." I smiled at the thought of seeing her again. I swear I heard Hanbin say something, but I didn't catch on clearly so I dismissed it. 

 

***

 

"Unnie!!! You're here!" Hanbyul smiled widely when I walked in.

 

"Yes, I am. Guess who else is here?" Her smile fell when she saw her brother. He closed the door and awkwardly waved hi.

 

"Hanbyul, your brother has something very important to tell you. It has to do with him being late, and it is very reasonable. I think you should listen to him. Can you do that?" I asked her with a sweet, but stern voice. I sat next to her on the bed and she sighed, but complied. I motioned Hanbin over and he sat down next to Hanbyul.

 

"I know your mad at me, but something unexpected happened. Our mom...she got in an accident..and our father isn't our father anymore."

 

"What do you mean? Is mom okay?" He looked at me for a second, hesitating.

 

"She could be better...she's in the hospital." It was the ringing of his cell phone that broke the silence. 

 

"Sorry..let me just take this call." I nodded and he stood up, walking out the door.

 

"Hey..Hanbyul...say something..." I whispered, wiping her tears away.

 

"I..I'm such a bad person! I didn't know the whole story - I didn't even let him explain."

 

"Awe, Byul, it's nothing to get bad over. You were just disaponted - that's all. Don't-"

 

"WE NEED TO GO. LIKE NOW." We both jumped when we saw a desperately eager Hanbin.

 

"What? Why? Now?" 

 

"Yes, now. She's awake." My eyes widened and I helped Hanbyul off her feet.

 

"Get her jacket. It's the purple one." Quickly, he handed over the jacket and put it on Hanbyul. He carried her and I closed the door behind us. We ran downstairs and out to the pparking lot, where my car was parked. Being as fast as we could, we got in and did our seatbealts.

 

"What's going on? Who's awake? Why are we such in a hurry?"

 

"One second, honey. Is it far from here?"

 

"No. It's the one we passed by on our way here." I nodded and stepped on the peddle a bit too hard.

 

"Our mom...she hit her head bad in a car accident, and she was unconscious for while."

 

"Huh..you mean mom is dead?"

 

"No, no. She's alive. We're going to see her now."

 

"She was just sleeping. She's awake now, so don't worry." I smiled through the mirror. 

 

Well, that wasn't all a lie.

 

***

 

"Remember, she just woke up from-"

 

"Her sleep, right?" I interupted the doctor and nodded in Hanbyul's direction.

 

"Yes..she's awake from her sleep. Looks like you've been informed. Try not too be too loud, and um, is one of you a family member?" 

 

"Ah, yes. I'm her son."

 

"May I speak to you for a minute?" 

 

"Uh, sure. Why don't you go in without me?"

 

"Why isn't oppa coming?"

 

"Hanbin has to discuss some things with the doctor about his..ankle." I paused in between. I hated lying, especially to Hanbyul, but it was better than telling her the truth. It would be too much for her.

 

"Yes, it's boring. I think you'd rather be seeing your mom." The doctor gently smiled at her.

 

"Okay! Can we go in now??" 

 

"Of course! Remember not to be too loud." Hanbyul giggled.

 

"Yes ma'am!" It was the doctor's turn to laugh.

 

"Well, have fun." The doctor opened the door and Hanbyul went in with much giddy.

 

"I'll see you later than." I dismissed myself quite awkwardly.

 

"No, wait." A hand was on my wrist, grabbing my attention and making me close the door back shut.

 

"What? If you're going to say thank you, your welcome."

 

"No..is it possible for her to stay?" My eyes widened in pure confusion going back from the doctor to Hanbin.

 

"Yes, it is up to you."

 

"No, no! It's okay. I'll-"

 

"I'm going to end up tell you, so just save me the trouble." I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

 

"Wow, so it's about you in the end."

 

"What? No, I didn't-"

 

"I know, I know." 

 

"So..um, what is it sir?" Hanbin cleared his throat. The doctor's amused face disapeared the there was some serious tension.

 

"Your mother..she has a very weak heart. When she got hit by the car, well I'll save you the boring details, but her brain didn't take it well. I'm afraid she'll have to go through treatment for PTSD just in case this trauma develops into PTSD."

 

"What?" He was shaking, clearly not taking the news well. 

 

"I'm sorry to interupt, but I'm her husband and I'd like to know what's happening here." Hanbin and I both turned around to see a man with a woman around her late 20s behind him. 

 

"Get. Out. Of. Here."

 

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Part 2 of my present! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everyone! <3