Weird, Sleeping Men

Onew Falls in the Frying Pan

-Chapter 3-

Azalea woke up the next morning with a loud thud on her front door. She groaned with annoyance at the interruption of her slumber, hoping that if she didn't answer the door, the person knocking would just think she wasn't home or something. Thud. Thud. The banging got louder and more frantic. She got out of bed, swinging her feet down to the floor, until she felt something soft and warm. Azalea looked down and saw the weird guy from yesterday on her floor. Oh yeah! she thought. She forgot that she brought the random guy home with her last night. She just couldn't leave him out in the cold. He had no phone or wallet with him either.

His face looked calmer now, and although his clothes were still slightly damp, they seemed to have dried from her heater quite a bit. The weird guy was still sleeping and Azalea began to worry about when he was going to wake up. She couldn't keep him here forever. If her landlord found out that there was another person in her apartment, he would freak and demand more money. And this guy obviously had no money. He was in plain black sweats and a gray sweatshirt, with dirty sneakers. He probably didn't have much.

The person banging on the door started to hit it continuously. Azalea stepped over the strange man and fled to the door, looking into the peephole she saw the landlord's red face. She took a deep breath and opened the door a little bit putting herself between the door, so that her body blocked the sight of the man in her room. Azalea opened her wide eyes, and put on the best fake smile she had, "Good morning, ajusshi!"

The old landlord made a pathetic, irritated face. He was a short skinny man, whos face reminded Azalea of a tomato. The landlord seemed to always be in a bad mood, always asking her for rent. Yes, she knew that her bills were a little late, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't pay them eventually.

He took a step towards her with an envelope in his hand. "Ya! Do you know what this is?!" he said with a stern, raspy voice. His breath had a stench of onions and the wrinkles on his face moved with his mouth. 

"My birthday gift to you," Azalea joked, earning her a hit on her head with the envelope.

"Babo!" he yelled. "It's your nonexistant rent money! It's been two months! I gave you the smallest room, and you can't even pay for that!"

"Ajusshi! I can afford it. Just give me one more week," she said holding her pointer finger up in the air and pleading eyes.

The landlord laughed, his yellow teeth showing. "Ha ha. I've fallen for this before. But fine, one more week and all the rent that you have missed."

"Thank you, ajusshi!" Azalea hugged him tightly. She was so happy that he had given her more time.

"Don't worry about it," he said softly pattingly her back in a fatherly manner.

Just then, she heard the door creak open. The landlord had stopped patting her back, and he began to make strange sounds. Azalea's eyes widen and she quickly turned her head to see the strange man without his shirt in her doorway. 

The man was staring right at her, and the landlord was standing there with his eyes widened and his finger pointing at the strange man.

"Babo!" the landlord yelled, hitting her head with the envelope again. "You have been sneaking friends in here too!"

"No! This isn't what it looks like! He's not my friend!" she yelled afraid.

"Whatever he is, you have to pay for his rent too! You have exactly one week to pay double the rent!" the landlord yelled walking off with a humph, slamming the door so that Azalea and the unknown man were left alone in the small apartment.

The strange, and now throughly confused man looked down at her. "Sorry," he said dejectedly.

He thought that she would forgive him. He really thought that she would. But Azalea lifted her head with an angry face. "You!" she hollered, "How could you?!"

-Chapter 3 End-