I Don't Want to Hear

Onew Falls in the Frying Pan

Onew woke up after what felt like a year. His whole body was sore and his eyes were just not ready to open. No, he was not awake. Go back to sleep. We finally have a day off. A day off for him did not come by easily. Yesterday, even Key agreed that he needed a break. Onew was the leader of the group, the most important member, but he needed time for himself. Their new album had just gotten released a month ago. Promotions for it seemed to have made Onew's life a living hell. It was not easy for him, 

After another hour of sleep, Onew finally woke up. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned, his toes reaching past the end of the bed. The bed was always small, but this was normal when boarding with five other people. Looking out the window, the sun was high up in the sky already. 10 o'clock? 11 maybe? he thought. He hadn't woken up this late in years. He wondered if the others were up yet. Moving his legs off the bed onto the floor, Onew threw a shirt on and opened his door to the common room. 

Everyone had to share a room, but Onew was the oldest, so he got his own room. He didn;t complain in the beginning. No, he was happy. However, that all changed when the nightmares started again. Onew hadn't had those nightmares since he was ten. When he turned eleven, they had stopped completely. But they returned now when he was 25 years of age. He did not tell any of the members though. If the leader wasn't strong, how could the others be strong. 

He walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge looking for food. Empty.He slammed the door shut. Where is everyone? He looked in the common room again, and then the rooms. but there was no one. Strange.  he thought. He then heard singing and opened the door from where it was coming from.

"La la la Ttereojyeo ggaejil deuta~" the person sang behind the curtain. "Du du du du- Ah! Hyung, what are you doing?"

"What?" said Onew startled. "Jonghyun?"

"What!?" Jonghyun screamed clearly with annoyance.

"What was that song you were singing?: asked Onew.

"What do you mean? It's Love Like Oxygen. Don't you recognize it?"

But Onew couldn't remember. There was a strange feeling in his heart. He just didn't feel right anymore.

"I could sing it again if-" started Jonghyun, but the bathroom door slamming cut him off.

"Well then" said Jonghyun. "Who spit in his kimchi?"

Onew felt the whole world around him fall. I couldn't regcognize my own song... I can't even stand to listen to music anymore. He sat down at the table his hands covering his eyes. He heard the door open and there were footsteps. The lights turned off and Onew lifted up his head. In came, Taemin, Key, and Minho holding a cake with candles on top. 

"Saengil chukhahae!" They all shouted. Happy birthday!

They all started singing, and even Jonghyun joined in. Onew covered his ears with his hands. No! No more music please! Onew began to shake.

"Aw. He's so touched he's crying!" said Key with a huge smile on his face.

"Saengil chukhahae, hyung" said Taemin sweetly. 

Minho set the cake down on the table in front of Onew. "Ya! Lift your head and blow out the candles!" he said. But Onew, couldn't hear him. He sat there with his head down. He didn't want to hear anymore. Taemin smiled and held the hands on Onew's ears to pull them away. "Hyung!" he said, "Come on! Here we'll sing your favorite song for you! Everybody, let's sing Replay!"

Onew suddenly stood up and the chair behind him fell. "Hyun-" started Taemin. But Onew interupted him by wacking the cake off the table. His breathing was heavy and his eyes were red.

"Hyung! Why did you do that?!" shouted Key. "Have you gone insane?"

"Ya! Key!" Minho stepped in putting his hand in front of Key.

"No!" Key slapped his hand away. "He been doing this since our last debut! Always messing everything we do up!"

"Key!" yelled Minho, hitting him on the back of his head.

"You see what you d-"

"What do you want from me?! Just leave me alone! I don't even want you guys around!" shouted Onew.

The whole room fell dead silent. Onew looked up at everyones faces. They were all looking down, except for Key.

"Then just leave" Key mumbled out.

Onew ran past them all towards the door. He just had to get away from them, and mostly from himself.

-End of Chapter 1-