Rain Falls

Onew Falls in the Frying Pan

-Chapter 2-

Onew ran and ran, until he could not anymore. He didn't know where he was. There were buildings that he didn't recognize and streets that he had never seen before. Onew looked up at his surroundings, his breath coming out in gasps and his hair sticking to his forehead with sweat. He leaned against a nearby brick wall hoping to get some more air into his lungs, so it would stop the pain.

He couldn't believe what he had just done. The words that came out of his mouth in front of his bandmates weren't true at all. Shinee was all that Onew had for the past few years; it was all he ever knew. And now he just messed everything up. Onew knew that he wouldn't be able to show his face at their dorm for a while, and maybe he didn't even want to go back. Yes, maybe it was time to leave. He just wasn't cut out for it anymore.

He closed his eyes, still leaning against the wall, and felt the wind on his face. He could see the faces of horror and disguist that Key had when he hit the cake off of the table. Not wanting to see their faces anymore, he opened his eyes up to the cloudy, gray sky and stared at the clouds. A fat drop of water hit his forehead, and a heavy rain began to fall. Even the music of the rain hitting the ground hurt his ears. Tears, mixed with the rain, began to pool in his eyes. Onew, for the first time in years, cried. Overwhelmed by his sudden sorrow, Onew put his hands on his ears and sat down on the street, not caring about his clothes getting wet or dirty. 

He suddenly didn't feel the rain on his back anymore. "Are you okay?" he heard a melodic voice ask. "You're going to catch a cold."

Onew tilted his head upwards and through a curtain of his wet hair, he could partially see a woman. She was beautiful, with slightly wavy black, silk-like hair reaching her waist, which was wrapping around her like feathers. Her lips were a glossy red and were pouty with a worried expression. But her most noticeable feature was her ethereal eyes. They were light blue and wide, like the sky. She must not be from Korea, thought Onew. He notice that she was holding an blue umbrella in her left hand and a shopping bag in her right hand. She was wearing a light gray jacket and black leggings, with red converses, which were wet from the stream of water in the street.

"Well, how long are you going to stare at me for?" the mysterious lady asked with humor laced in her voice.

Onew would have laughed, but the weight of his troubles just brought his eyes to close again. He began to feel cold and he started to shiver. His breathing went ragged again and his head went light. 

"Hey!" he heard the women yell. She bent down, dropping her bag, and shook his shoulder frantically. "Ya!" she yelled again. "Don't collaspe on me!"

But Onew was feeling dizzy and darkness began to take over. He could no longer hear the rain, it was just her voice. He savored her human touch until he hit the ground, falling unconscience. 

-Chapter 2 End-