Day 3 - Gaming/Watching A Movie

30 Days Of ToDae

Day 3 - Gaming/Watching A Movie

Rating - PG (M/M Kiss scene)

Word Count - 1100

Summary - Seunghyun has a plan to get Daesung snuggled up to him. It fails spectacularly. Well... at first, anyway. 

 


 

There were too many options, as Seunghyun stared down the television screen and narrowed his gaze at each potential candidate.

 

He still had some difficulty even navigating through the program, but he had a task in mind tonight and he was refusing to let Netflix get the better of him as he hovered around the ‘horror’ category.

 

Daesung, Seunghyun knew, startled easily, and tended to cling to whoever or whatever was near enough to provide comfort. Seunghyun had been considering a way to sneak in a little bit of cuddle time with his favourite dongsaeng, and with Daesung coming over for movie night, watching a horror movie was as good of an excuse as any to get the younger plastered to him. It was petty, cliche, and childish, but he couldn’t find it in him to care, not when his thoughts were so thoroughly occupied by the thought of Daesung pressed into his side.

 

The immediate problem, however, was that he didn’t watch too many horror movies himself, and so, had no real idea what he should be queueing up for the pair of them to watch. He settled on some zombie flick with a four star rating and hoped for the best, getting it ready before ducking into the kitchen to make some popcorn.

 

Daesung had been coming to visit Seunghyun weekly, the pair of them curled up on the couch and watching movies until Daesung either went home or crashed into one of Seunghyun’s guest rooms and slept like he were comatose until the next morning. Thursdays had quickly become Seunghyun’s favourite day of the week, and with his rapidly growing realisation of his feelings for his dongsaeng, it was providing ample quality time for the older to work up his courage to make some kind of move. Tonight, he thought, would be a real turning point for the pair of them. If he could figure out where Daesung’s opinion of him stood, he’d be better able to plan ahead.

 

He was pulled from his musings then by a knock at the door, and a smile crept along his lips unbidden, as he made his way over and opened it with a smile, Daesung beaming back at him with enough warmth to rival the sun.

“Hey Seunghyun,” Daesung offered cheerfully, handing over a bottle of wine as he stepped inside, half hugging Seunghyun before heading straight for the lounge. “Have you already picked a movie?”

“I have,” Seunghyun mused, grabbing the bowl of popcorn from the microwave and heading to take his seat beside the younger, who was frowning anxiously at the screen.

“Yah, that looks scary,” Daesung murmured, twisting his shirt in his fingers and chewing on his lip, as Seunghyun inwardly fought the urge to lean over and pull it free with his mouth.

“It’s meant to be good,” Seunghyun replied casually, setting the popcorn down and playing the movie, as Daesung nestled closer to him, reluctant acceptance of his fate across his features.

 

Seunghyun congratulated himself on a brilliant idea, Daesung radiating warmth beside him, as he settled in for the movie.

 

 


 

 

It quickly became apparent that Seunghyun had not thought as far ahead as he should.

 

He had succeeded in getting Daesung cuddled close to him, the younger periodically pressing his face into Seunghyun’s shoulder when anything particularly scary came up on the screen. In theory, it was exactly as Seunghyun had wanted, except that he barely had the strength of mind to appreciate it, as he huddled into Daesung’s side and periodically lifted the blanket over his face to block the horror on screen from his view.

 

This wasn’t exactly what he’d had in mind.

 

Still, Seunghyun was a man of some pride, and as eager as he was to turn the movie off and settle down for something decidedly less terrifying, he had gotten them into this mess and he was determined to see it through.

 

Plus, he was invested in the plot by now, and no zombie was going to prevent him from finding out how the day was saved.

 

“Hyung, this is scary,” Daesung whispered, and Seunghyun nodded in reluctant agreement as shadows crept across the screen and set his heart racing a little faster.

“It’s good though, isn’t it?” Seunghyun whispered, not sure why he was keeping his voice so low, but assuming it was a primal fear response. The pair of them both jumped in startled surprise then, as a hand shot out from beneath a bed and curled around the main actor’s ankle, Daesung immediately burrowing into Seunghyun again and the older desperately trying to control his breathing.

 

This was a terrible idea.

 

Still, they both stuck it out, and things were relatively uneventful. That is, until another jump scare had the both of them turning to bury their face into the other’s shoulder, only for them both to end up with their foreheads pressed together and their hands squeezing each other’s in turn.

 

All too quickly, the mood changed, and Seunghyun’s heart was pounding in his chest for an entirely different reason, as Daesung met his gaze with a wide one of his own, the younger sweeping a tongue across his lips as a breath shuddered from his lungs. They were close enough that Seunghyun felt the exhale against his own mouth, the air between them suddenly charged with a current of something that Seunghyun was at risk of losing himself to.

 

Vaguely, Seunghyun was aware that he was missing a crucial point of the movie, but everything seemed irrelevant in the face of the distance closing between them, the slight tremble of Daesung’s fingers as Seunghyun held them in his own. He dipped his mouth just enough to brush against the younger’s, his heart stammering in his chest as Daesung in a breath and didn't pull away.

 

Seunghyun tested his limits, swayed even closer as he raised a hand to cup at the back of Daesung’s neck, pulling him closer as he allowed his tongue to flick at the crease of Daesung’s mouth. The younger sighed in response and swayed into the kiss, lips parting and tongue pressing to meet Seunghyun's as the circuits in his brain fried at the contact.

 

Losing his tough guy credibility to a zombie movie was not what Seunghyun had had in mind, but everything else? That was coming together quite nicely.

 

As he pulled Daesung closer and the younger allowed himself to be lowered into his back, Seunghyun hovering above him, Seunghyun set a mental reminder to look up the ending on IMDb, before his mouth descended again.