Day 14 - At The Gym

30 Days Of ToDae

Day 14 - Genderswapped At The Gym

Rating - G

Word Count - 1071

Summary - Seunghyun has a little flab that he's considering getting rid of, and so he heads to the gym. The only problem is finding motivation, until motivation presents itself. 

 


A/N: This day was meant to be ‘Genderswapped’, but it will be a cold day in hell before I cave to that bull. If you're into genderswap fic, no problem, I support you and I'm not gonna knock you down for it. I, however, outright refuse to pander into it and I feel very strongly on the matter. So instead, I'm going with “At The Gym”. (Y)

 



 

Seunghyun wasn't fat, not by any means. Not any more. He'd slimmed down a heap since his high school days, had eaten better and managed to trim himself into something that he was infinitely more at ease with. Still, as he got older and lazier, he could see little bits of pudge here and there that were disheartening, to say the least.

 

So, after sitting through a ridiculous seminar for his work as an accountant, he'd decided to try and make the most of the ‘improve you, improve your life!’ attitude that corporate had bodily shoved down their throats, and he had found himself hovering in the lobby of the company's private gym. He hadn't paid for the membership, not yet, mainly because he wasn't an idiot and he didn't want to commit so readily when present day Seunghyun was still riding the motivational bandwagon, and judging from the actions of past Seunghyun, future Seunghyun had a good chance of being lazy again within the week.

 

As he hovered at the counter and waited to be seen to, however, he was becoming a little more convinced that this may have been a good idea after all.

 

He watched as an Adonis of a man walked into the gym, towel slung over his shoulder and a soft, wide smile across his lips as he greeted everyone that he passed. He seemed to know all of them, well aware of names and of faces in a way that Seunghyun, in all of his awkwardness, just couldn’t seem to manage. He could vaguely recognise a handful of faces, was pretty sure that the girl with the braids was called Janet and that she was in marketing, but beyond that - he was just drawing blanks. His musing was drawn from the attractive stranger, however, when a pretty blonde arrived at the welcome desk and smiled sweetly up at him.

“Hey there,” She offered cheerfully, “How can we help you?”

“I uh…” Seunghyun flushed a little, unprepared and out of his depth, “I was looking at a day pass or something like that? For the weight room?”

 

She seemed accommodating enough as she nodded and began clacking away at her keyboard, as Seunghyun handed over his employee ID.

“Not a problem, Mister Choi,” She smiled up at him as he snuck a quick look at her name tag (Susannah), “You have two other visits left before you will need to get an annual pass. We have salary deduction options for that.”

“Thank you, Susannah,” Seunghyun offered his most charming smile, thrilled when she flushed in return, and tried to remind himself that human interaction didn’t have to be terrifying, before he began wandering around the gym, towel slung over his shoulder and brows creased in a cautious frown.

 

He had no idea what he was doing.

 

He still had no idea what he was doing when he showed up at the weights room and stood in front of a machine that frankly terrified him a little, and stared it down for a few moments.

“Are you alright?” A bright voice asked, and Seunghyun fixed his narrowed gaze into something a little more welcoming before he turned and was face to face with the handsome stranger that had caught his eye earlier.

“I have… no idea what I’m doing,” Seunghyun admitted sheepishly, and the other man bit back a laugh, his smile sweet and a little intoxicating.

“My name’s Daesung and I’m one of the trainers here, would you like some help?” The man offered, and Seunghyun felt the corners of his own lips quirk in response.

“I… yes, if you don’t mind,” Seunghyun cleared his throat, and Daesung smiled wider, placing his duffel bag on the floor beside them and getting himself settled into the machine.

“You sit like this, arms here and hands here,” Daesung nodded at his own limbs, “And you move like this.”

Daesung shifted then, pulling on the bars that his hands were clenched around, and Seunghyun nearly passed out on the spot with how dry his throat went at the flexing and bulging of the muscles in the trainer’s arms.

 

Daesung stood then, wiping down the machine and gesturing for Seunghyun to take his place, which he did awkwardly, willing a little saliva to appear in the instance he needed to use his mouth for talking and not just gaping. He settled in, and Daesung nodded, before gently guiding Seunghyun’s limbs into the right positions with touches that were entirely chaste but still sent fire coursing through Seunghyun’s veins.

“What are your goals here…?” Daesung prompted, and Seunghyun offered a strained smile as he worked on moving his arms.

“Seunghyun,” Seunghyun offered, letting out a huff of exertion, “And I suppose I’m keen on getting rid of a little pudge?”

“Excellent,” Daesung smiled, before placing a gentle hand against Seunghyun’s stomach, “Relax here, you’re far too tense.”

How?! Seunghyun thought, skin flushing even further at the simple touch.

 

Despite his tension, he somehow managed to keep his together and get a relatively decent exercise session completed, learning a little about Daesung in the process and sharing some information about himself in turn. By the end of it all, he was sweaty and a little exhausted if he could be honest with himself, and he was looking forward to a long shower and a ten hour sleep.
“Great session, Seunghyun,” Daesung offered sweetly, clapping him companionably on the shoulder, “When can we expect to see you back?”

“Uh…” Seunghyun drew a blank, running through his schedule in his mind and trying desperately to scrabble for something to ditch in order to spend more time with the gorgeous individual who… still had his hand on Seunghyun’s shoulder.

“Sorry,” Daesung flushed when Seunghyun stared at the lingering hand a little too long, and Seunghyun found that he immediately missed the touch when it had left.

“Please don’t be,” Seunghyun rused awkwardly, and Daesung chewed on his lip as he shyly avoided Seunghyun’s gaze, “I’ll be back tomorrow.”

 

Seunghyun cursed himself, knowing that he very much had plans tomorrow evening, but as Daesung’s eyes lit up and his smile grew blindingly bright, he suddenly realised he didn’t care.

 

He parted ways with Daesung then, pencilling in another hour with him for the next day and heading out the door, but not before signing up for an annual salary deduction at the door first.