A Song For You

Evergreen and Bulletproof Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Evergreen and Bulletproof Youth

III

A Song For You

<♦v♦>

The clubroom didn't look so bad.

Sure, it could be better, but it was clean at the very least.

He yawned, tired from staying up last night. Perhaps it would be okay if he took a nap before the other members arrived. The young man waited for a few seconds before planting himself carelessly onto the black leather couch seated in the corner of the room. The cushions sunk in and felt absolutely heavenly as he comfortably laid back, closing his eyes. There was silence and warmth from the sun's rays pooled into the room like a blanket. Before he knew it, he began to doze.

He didn't hear the door open.

Nor did he hear the person sit at the piano bench or the soft lullaby that came from the keys being pressed.

But he did hear a voice.

His eyes opened.

Who ever bothered his sleep was going to pay.

He tried to switch his gaze over to the figure at the piano, but the sudden bright light from the windows blinded him and he could only make out a faint outline of a young woman.

That didn't mean his ears didn't work, though.

A melodious voice sung a lively melody that echoed throughout the room. The notes were wholesome, powerful, and in one complete package, so beautiful. In his half-asleep state, he couldn't make out the lyrics the girl sang so passionately. Then, the notes began to soar higher and higher and even higher. The sound was overwhelming, but in a refreshing way- like being wrapped in a warm blanket. He opened his mouth to tell her to go away in an inappropriate manner, but the words never slipped out. His eyes began to drop drowsily from the onslaught of her alluring vocals as if it were a lullaby bringing him back to sleep.

Suddenly, all sound had stopped and there was silence.

The girl had moved, checking her phone, and gasped in shock. With great haste, she collected her things and sped from the room, not even noticing his presence.

Despite the fact she was no longer there, the echoes of her voice in his mind shut his brain down and he fell back to sleep.

<♦v♦>

Suga opened his eyes.

The light of the sunset filled the room with its warm, scarlet rays and there was no one else in the room, but he knew that someone was here. 

He needed to find her.

Her vocals were haunting him; they kept repeating through his mind over and over with its gorgeous tone. They were perfect to work with. Lyrics and melodies began flooding his mind, Suga scribbled down all the thoughts that flared into life. Only just mere hours ago, he couldn't even think of a single note for a new song. 

"Who was she?" Suga muttered to himself as he finished composing one song immediately, but it was only for the voice he had heard. Then, he completed another one and another one- now he had over four songs. All these ideas kept coming and coming and he had to write all of them down before they disappeared. This new sound- her vocals- just opened up a new world in music. 

Suddenly, his phone rang, scrambling his thoughts. 

"What?" Suga answered, irritated and raspy from having woken up. 

"Suga-hyung, Jungkookie is in the infirmary!"

<♦v♦>

High D gasped as soon as she saw the message Nahyun sent her.

To: Dohee

From: Nahyun-unnie

Yoonsunnie is in the infirmary!

With haste, High D gathered her bag and her sheet music. All the while, she was unaware of the young man behind her, laying sleepily on the couch. She made her way out the door and out of the clubroom building towards the main building. By then, High D was practically sprinting and the students nearby gave her odd looks, but she didn't care. The maknae had gotten herself hurt and who knows how serious it could be! With power like her vocals, High D slid the door to the infirmary open.

"Yoonsunnie-yah, what happened?" High D asked in shock as she saw the maknae's bruises getting treated. She looked around and saw the other members crowding around Newsun with worry.

"I... fell down the stairs." The maknae answered hesitantly before looking over at the infirmary bed. High D followed her gaze to find a young man unconscious, but not just any young man!

"Is that...?"

"Jungkook-ssi caught me before I hit the floor." Newsun spoke softly in gratitude, but also gazing worriedly at his unconscious form. "If he wasn't there, then I would have gotten seriously injured." All she could hope was that he wasn't injured because of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter