At First Sight

Evergreen and Bulletproof Youth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Evergreen and Bulletproof Youth

I

At First Sight

<♦v♦>

They were loud.

It was quite early in the morning and yet they were so energetic. Newsun didn't understand why and her unnies told her they would tell her when she's older. All she knew was that the Bangtan Boys were now going to be attending her school. She's heard of them, yes, but her training was more important at the moment, considering that Sonamoo's debut wasn't too far from now. 

The female students screamed so loud as a car pulled up and Newsun quickly covered her ears, the volume and shrieks sounded akin to the popping of balloons. She never really liked balloons, but of course, that was an understatement.

"Let's go," Sumin smiled reassuringly to her. "We'll walk you to your classroom."

"It's a shame that our maknae is going to be alone in her year." Euijin remarked worriedly. Since no one was the same age as her, they wouldn't be in any of her classes or have lunch together. 

"It's alright, I'll be okay." Newsun demurely smiled as her hands dropped to her sides. She was cool, it was okay, and it wasn't like she was going overseas to study or anything so it's not that big of a deal to her. Although, she could tell her unnies were still worried.

"Daebak, they're really loud out there." Minjae spoke in surprise as the screams of the fans could even be heard through the walls of the school. 

Newsun briefly glanced out the window in curiosity. Bodyguards pushed the crowd to make room for seven boys to get through and some of them had rather questionable hair colors. One of them had a vibrant orange color that reminded her of autumn leaves and another had silver hair. They were lucky the school allowed students who were idols, or preparing to become idols, to dye their hair.

"We're here, Class 1-1."

The school's structure was a bit weird. They had up to seven grades in the school, each with their individual schedule, and multiple buildings. The first three grades, or years, were for high schoolers- ages sixteen through eighteen- and the other four were for college. Newsun herself was in the first year.

After bidding her unnies goodbye, she entered the classroom. It was empty, Newsun smiled to herself, meaning that she got to pick her seat first. She liked the window seats the best, because the view of the courtyard was always beautiful. She also liked the back, because she was much taller than other girls in her year so they won't complain about not being able to see the board.

<♦v♦>

He was a bit nervous.

It didn't help that his hyungs either.

Anyway, it was a bit difficult getting in, but they had made it. The building was very nice, he thought to himself.

"Jungkookie, it looks like we're going to be separated." Jimin sadly stated with an exaggerated sigh. 

Jungkook grinned in reply, although he was also a bit uncomfortable without his group members with him. After they had left, he stood in front of the door to his new class. The apprehension of a new setting filled him- a nervousness unlike the thrill of the stage. Breathing in deeply, Jungkook opened the door.

The loud chatter of students echoed around him like a nostalgic embrace. It has been long since he had been in an actual school ever since the Bangtan Boys debuted and had multiple comebacks. Suddenly, the voices were turned off, as if someone flipped a lightswitch. Eyes were locked onto him, some in envy, some in adoration, and at that moment, he was at a loss.

"Umm, hello, I'm BTS's Jungkook. I look forward to this year." Jungkook greeted, attempting a friendly wave with a matching smile. There was total silence and dread started to fill him, did he say something wrong? But it was all shattered by the excited shrieks of the females around him and the envious looks the guys had gave him. 

"Alright everyone, let's settle down and take our seats now." The teacher interjected as he walked in. 

Quickly, Jungkook took the vacant seat in the back before anyone could offer him a seat.

"I am Teacher Hong and I will be your homeroom teacher this year," Teacher Hong introduced himself smoothly. "I teach music, so prepare to sing and read compositions this year. Now, since this is just the beginning of your first year here at Seoul Institute, we'll simply go around the room and introduce ourselves, get to know each other. How does that sound?"

The students murmured in agreement.

"Alright then! I will give an example. I am Hong Yejun and I enjoy music and the arts. I used to write songs for musicians before I became a teacher and I used to be a trainee back in the day," The teacher sighed, reminiscing about the good old days. "I was accepted into JYP, you know? Anyway, you over there in the back, start." He pointed towards the girl in the back, sitting near the window.

"My name is Choi Yoonsun," The girl began, standing up. She was tall for a young woman her age, with beautfiul fair skin and stylishly cut short hair that was as dark as night. Her doll-like face displayed few signs of nervousness and a bashful smile spread across her pink lips. "I'm a trainee at TS and my group is about to debut soon, so I hope to have fun before I leave." She bowed politely before hurriedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter