08

Guardian Angel From Above

08 - Invitation!

 

(Minho POV)

A few days ago I notice something strange happening. I couldn't hear her thoughts anymore. I felt like she was disconnected from my world within just a day. What is going on?

I than notice that he was coming, getting closer. No wonder her thoughts were scatter in my head.

I broke the news to Taemin first, who went furious.

"What do you mean?" Taemin shockingly ask me.
"He's here," I try to look bored as I spoke the words.
"I.. I thought he wouldn't be here until next month? Why did he suddenly change his mind?" Taemin ask with an irritated voice.
"Taemin, I don't know all those questions until I meet him. Until than, I have to keep her out of his sight."
"No. That's too risky hyung." Taemin interjected.
"Than what do you want me to do?" I ran my finger through my hair with irritation.
"You have to keep your eyes out on him. I'll keep my eyes on her 24/7." Taemin say.

Taemin later broke the news to the family. Key, Onew, Jonghyun and the parents all look at each other with vicious looks.

"You know that he's a long lost cousin," umma look at me with her beautiful purple eyes.
"He's a dangerous person. I won't tolerate him." I folded my arms to my chest.
"Son, I just hope that you won't cause any trouble when he visits huh?"
"I can't guarantee you appa."

Appa silently shook their heads in disappointment.

The last time I tried to get along with him, it went chaos. I was blame at fault when it was clearly his fault. Umma knew that I was innocent but because he was a distant lost cousin, she had to let it go.

The guys and I gather together at my house the following evening.

"So what's the plan? I want some fight!" Key announce with a joyful voice.
"You know there won't be a fight if not serious." Jonghyun look at Key who instantly drop his smile.
"What are you going to do Minho?" Onew place his hand on my shoulder.
"All I know is I'm keeping my eyes out on him."
"What about her?"
"I'm watching her!" Taemin raise his hand in excitement.
"How about this. Lee brothers watch over her while You, and us Kim brothers keep an eye out for him."
"Sounds like a good plan." Onew agree.
"I guess." I mutter.

I didn't care what they were all planning, all I want is him. If he lays a hand on her, he's dead meat.

(END POV)

(HAE WON POV)

I had today and tomorrow off. I was glad to have two days off from work. I was deadly exhausted from work.

Eun Su left to school early in the morning while I was still in my deep sleep. I didn't wake up until 1pm in the afternoon. I yawn, stretching my arms and leg as I wash up. I made a quick meal for my hungry stomach before starting out my late day.

What was I going to do? I pace around the house, trying to think of what to do. Ah, library.

I stalk out to the library where I sat for most of the day, just engrossing in reading.

"already evening?" I sadly place the book back on the shelf.

Eun Su was probably at school when I got home. I prepare dinner, realizing I haven't gone groceries shopping in a while.

"Damn," I mutter.

I jog to the store, grabbing the necessaries that I needed for tonight. I will come back tomorrow to do a full groceries shopping.

Luckily it didn't take me more than an hour to jog from and back home.

The following day, I did my gorceries shopping, that's when I met the weirdos at the store.

"It's you!" someone shouted happily.

I turn around to face two strangers, one with smile and the other slightly smiled.

"You probably don't know who I am but I know who you are," the brightest smile stranger was standing in front of me.
"W-who are you?" I ask him.
"I'm Taemin. Minho's friend." He extended his hand out for me to shake.

I look at his hand and than back at his face.

"Who's Minho?" I dumbly ask.

He laughs.

"You're kidding right?" He look at me, hoping I was just messing with him.

No signs of jokes was shown on my face. His smile faded.

"Damn that loser," he mumble to himself.
"I think you got the wrong person."
"No no no. I got the right person." He's smile widened.

I look at the quiet guy, hoping he would take his buddy away from me but he remain still in his position.

"You know that guy who cause you to lose your jobs at the Lee place?"
"HIM!" I exploded.
"Yeah him." He scratch his head with a sly smile.
"That lunatic is your friend?" my eyes were wide open in shock.
"Yes, that lunatic is name Minho who happens to be my very own bestfriend. That guy there is Onew."
"Uh hi?"
"Hello." He greeted back with a big smile.

They help me carry my groceries home. I was pretty shock to meet his friends. They were nothing like him, rude, snobbish etc. Taemin, he likes to compliment things and say random thing as to oppose to Onew who rather sloppy and clumsy.

"Thanks for helping me carry these home."
"No problem."

I open my door, turning around to face them.

"Are you busy?"
"No, not really."
"If you don't mind, I would like to invite you in for a drink if you don't mind that is."
"Of couse we don't mind."

Taemin instantly took in the offer, walking into the house with Onew trailing along. I quietly laugh to myself, closing the door after me.

"So this is how your house looks like." Taemin complimented.
"Thanks. It's not all that. Just simple."
"No no no. I like it. It's far different from my house."
"Oh?"
"Taemin, you're talking way too much. Sorry, we usually pamper him that's why he is what he is right now." Onew apologize.

I laugh. They stayed for a while before they had to leave for an urgent message upon Onew's request.

Eun Su arrive a little after they left.

"Did you have some guests over or what?" she ask me, noticing the two cups of water on the coffee table.
"Oh. Yeah." I brush my hair back.
"Looks like they barely drank any," she peer through the cup.

I laugh.

"You should have seen them. They could talk on forever without having to take a breath."
"Hm. Weird. I'm in my room if you need anything."
"Okay."

I wash the cup, thinking that it was weird how they didn't touch a glimpse of water. Were they not thirsty after all that talking? I know I am.