04

Guardian Angel From Above

04 - Arrogant Bastard

 

I couldn't sleep well because of him. Every time I close my eyes, his face was there. I toss and turn all night long.

The next day I feel like something wasn't right but I shrug off this feeling as I skip to work. Coming closer to my work place, my heart fell apart.

"What happen?" I ask Mr.Lee.
"I'm sorry child. We wish we can stay here forever but someone has just offer us a better deal."
"What?"
"We will call you once we settle down." he patted my head before leaving.

I couldn't believe this. How can this happen out of no where? How can it? Now I'm jobless. What am I going to tell Eun Su? I needed the money to pay for her school tuition and the supplies that she needs. On top of that, I needed to pay off our monthly fee.

"I told you, you would regret it."

There he stood a few feet away from me. I walk over to him wanting to strangle him.

"Let's talk."

Somehow I ended up following him into a coffee shop.

"What's there to talk with you?" I instantly blabber my mouth.
"Slow down little horse."
"I'm not a horse."

He chuckle.

"I have a deal to make with you."
"I'm not interested."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm positvely sure."

I was already standing up ready to go when he blurted it out.

"Be my girlfriend and live with me. Everything else is free of charge."

“What?!” I scream in protest.
“What? Don’t like the idea?” he smirk at me.
“You! I can’t believe this.” I threw my hands up in the air in frustration. “Are you really a guy?” I ask him.

He laughs.

“At first I thought you were a nice and easy going lady but now, you’re a fierce lady. That I like.”

At his last comment, I angrily step on his toes before leaving the coffee shop.

“You arrogant bastard.” I mutter to myself.

He was still sitting inside the coffee shop sipping on his coffee as he replay what just happened. A smile form on his lips. It's going to be harder than what he thought.