Cypher PT.3 : KILLER

When The Shadows Howl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BGM: Cypher PT.3 : KILLER- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eno4fcIaSVc

 

I held my head up high with confidence despite the shocking discovery, not letting it affect me. I was a fool before. I won’t be fooled the second time. And I walked away, each step further away from her. I knew her eyes never left my silhouette as if they were glued to me. Deep down, I hoped she regretted this; hurting my feelings, for cheating on me with my best friend. The expression in her eyes was bitter as nightshade. Everybody was sorry. Sorry was easy. Sorry was for ers.

 

Somehow, here I am, ended up here at Hangang Park. It’s funny how my pair of legs brought me to this place; the place that I first laid my eyes on her - the first time that I felt alive - sitting on the bench as she enjoyed the tranquility. Nevertheless, this place now becomes the place that I frequent visit to escape the concrete jungle filled with constant worries that haunts me. The breeze, the way the long grass sways to the movement of the wind and the sound of the water flowing down the river. It made me realise how the world is more than just a universe full of problems but we often forget that the world also contains happiness and goodness but often overshadowed by negativity. Life is like that too.

 

At 8pm, like an insane man I was, I laid flat on my back surrounded by the grass. Well I rather it was grass than being surrounded by the beautiful memories that Boyoung and I had created here. It’s still so vivid and clear that I began to delude myself, thinking she’s right beside me, lying side by side as her laughter fills the air. I love her laughter.

 

Oh god! I’m going insane by the minute. Which I then I asked myself a question; Am I regretting this?

 

The feelings that hurt most, the emotions that sting most, are those that are absurd - to let go of someone you loved so much but to be betrayed; the desire for what could have been; regret letting her go but yet still feel I should leave her ; dissatisfaction with the world’s existence - these dilemmas.

 

I shook my head, trying to eradicate these thoughts. I have to be rational.

 

“Jin Hyung?”

 

I recognised that voice; the voice that I’ve lived with for 4 years. Jung Hoseok. My best friend. My band member. Now, my worst nightmare.

 

“I knew you would be here!” He enthusiastically shrieked as his feet shuffled against the grasses and before I knew it, he was standing with his feet close to my feet which were still flinging on the ground.

 

And like the crazy fool I was, I had no control over my limbs. It was a matter of seconds before I leapt onto his body with great force and his body landed with a thud. He was lucky it was just soil and not hard ground. As soon as his back came into contact with the g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter