The Reason

The CLingy Biatch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungri observes the other two men beside him who successfully keep their mouth shut ever since they reached the roof top of the hospital. Seunghyun seems to have lots of things inside his mind while Jiyong looks like his soul was left with his girlfriend inside her ward. ‘Great! All I need is some nag from Taeyang and we’re complete! Even in this serious situation, we are nothing but a bunch of .’

 

Due to the deafening silence, Seunghyun decided to break the ice. “What now?”

 

Jiyong remains mute, though the two know they already got his attention.

 

“Does…How should I say this… Uhm, Hyung?” Seungri looks at Seunghyun carefully, surprising the older man. Turns out, the former never uses formal addressment to the latter before.

 

“I have no time for more . Could you please spill it?” Jiyong snaps. Apparently, aside from running out of patience, he feels nervous as to how serious Seungri’s information will be. The fact that the evil maknae decided to be tame for a bit because of what Chaerin’s doctor told him is enough to frighten him.

 

“Does Chaerin have some history of depression?” Seungri blurted out.

 

Out of reflex, Jiyong grabs Seungri’s collars and pushes him against the railings. “The are you trying to implicate? Are you saying that my girlfriend had some mental issues!? I know you hated her but Seungri, don’t you ever dare to accuse some stupid things on Chaerin!” he roars while ignoring the pain in his foot.

 

“Jiyong, let me go!” Seungri struggles against his deadly grip. Seunghyun tries to help the maknae but Jiyong’s firm grasp disables him to do so.

 

“Ji, stop that! We need to know what the doctor told him!” The Eldest uses his authority to command the enraged man. Jiyong weighted his options before finally releasing Seungri.

 

“Phew! That was close…” Seungri complains before fixing his polo shirt.

 

“Tell us…” Jiyong dangerously command him. “I have to go back in Chaerin’s room. I need to take care of her, so please… Tell me what’s wrong with her NOW.”

 

Seungri guiltily bows down his head. He feels ashamed for all the stupid things he did to Chaerin and Jiyong’s relationship. If only he knew beforehand that…

 

“Chaerin used to suffer from Major Depressive Disorder. It started when his father admitted of having another daughter from his previous lover.” Seunghyun spills the bean. “Since then, her life never returns to normal.”

 

“WHAT??? H...How…Why...Why didn’t I know anything about this?” Jiyong weakly whispers. Seungri, on the other hand, starting to pity Chaerin even more.

 

“Why should Chaerin tell you…when you’re the main reason why she smile again? She doesn’t want to give you reason to turn back on her, does she?” TOP patted Jiyong’s back. “People would often talk behind her back about her family… and Chaerin, being the sole shock absorber, decided to bear with the pain and win the battle by being the better daughter. She wanted to win her father’s affection so bad that she basically shut herself in a cage and started pretending to be perfect. She never shows weakness…until you happen.”

 

“I…I don’t get it…” Jiyong’s tears fall. He knows that crying in front of his friends might label him as weak but he could care less. His main concern is not knowing Chaerin’s helpless state for the past few years they have been together.

 

“Jiyong, the doctor told me that apart from fatigue, Chaerin seems to be suffering from Melancholic Depression too. He advised me to seek a Psychiatrist ‘for my sister’ so she could start some sessions.” Seungri said, quoting his supposed connection with her. “He also asked me if there’s a reason that triggers the depression. I…I said, I don’t know any…” He guiltily confesses.

 

Jiyong harshly breathes and faces TOP. “Do…Do I know him? Her father?”

 

Seungri looks expectantly at Seunghyun too.

 

“You do… Actually, all of us do. He’s the owner of the bar where we usually hang out.” TOP answered.

 

“What the ? I thought it was Seorin’s father?” Seungri confusedly asks him while pertaining to the girl he used to flirt with. Nam Seorin is also the girl who’s hot on Jiyong’s trail despite of numerous rejection. That’s the main reason why he pushed his girlfriend Sooyeon to dance with him that night instead. Even though he doesn’t like Chaerin, Seungri knows that when Seorin spotted a chance, Jiyong’s life will be a disaster.

 

“Yeah… Nam Seorin. The illegitimate daughter of Lee Kyeosong, Chaerin’s biological father.” Seunghyun stated.

 

“Damn!” Jiyong curses. It makes sense to him now. He always wonder why Chaerin keeps on holding him back whenever he tells her he will hang out with his friends in that bar. At first he thought that she was just being paranoid and over clingy as always but then she will let him go as he wishes IF it’s in another place or such. He never thought that it could be more than that.

 

“Does it mean Chaerin knows her half-sister is trying to flirt with her boyfriend too?!” Seungri asks in surprise. “Is that the reason why she was beyond enraged when she found him dancing with her that night?”

 

TOP falls silent at the maknae’s question, awkwardly confirming their doubts. “Yes. Though she never verbally admitted it, I know that Chaerin feels insecure with Seorin because even though she’s the legitimate child, Seorin is few years older than her which means… Seorin was conceived first before she entered her father’s life. Seorin’s mother was Uncle Kyeosong’s lover before he was forced to marry Chaerin’s mother. That’s also the reason why Uncle favors Seorin more than Chaerin.”

 

“I’m such a ing jerk!” Jiyong howls in frustration. “How could I failed to know this important thing?!”

 

“It’s not your fault. Chaerin doesn’t want you to know anything not because she doesn’t trust you…but because she’s scared that instead of genuinely loving her, you’ll end up pitying her. She was probably tired of having those kind of fake people around. She’s probably misunderstood but the fact that you stayed with her despite of her not so perfect nature made it clear that you love her and not just because you feel obliged to stay.”

 

“I hurt her too much, not knowing what kind of excruciating pain she’s undergoing. I should have been there, assuring her that everything’s alright. That she got me no matter what happen… but all I did was hurt her. I let her down when she felt like a being laughed at by her stupid sister!” Jiyong punches the metal bar out of self-rage. Seunghyun and Seungri can only watch him wallow in despair.

 

“I wanted to apologize too. I have no idea that Chaerin’s trust issue was that…big.” Seungri pats Jiyong’s shoulder. “Sorry Ji. If only I could undo those things I did, I would. I never thought that it will be this serious man.”

 

Jiyong shakes his head. “It’s all my fault. All she required from me is to love her unconditionally…but I measure what I give base on what I receive. Now all I can do is to regret and hope that I can fix everything…” Jiyong smiles at them bitterly before he saunters towards the staircase and limps his way down.

 

Seungri and TOP follows him with a heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Jiyong goes straight to Chaerin’s ward only to find her in deep slumber. His hand is still aching after he punched the metal bar a while ago but he made no effort to ease it off. He walks towards her bed and found her mother arranging her things on the nearby couch.

 

“Oh you’re here. Aigoo, you should see a doctor for your wound too.” Auntie Mijah or Chaerin’s mom said. “It might get infected!”

 

“I am fine Auntie. How’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter