Chapter 3

Unrequited Fairytale

"Oh yeah,sorry I cut you off. What did you just say?" He looked at the girl beside him as he leaned back on both of his arms.

Eunhyo's heart determined to confess to her long time crush but her brain slyly decided to remind her about Wendy,her only best friend. Guilty began to grow in her heart bigger and bigger and doesn't even take a moment to stop. Wanting to confess and feeling of guilty are both 50-50 which is why it's Eunhyo decision whether to disclose her love for him or the other way around.

"Don't you dare fail me,brain," Eunhyo thought to herself. She is sure that the method she's thinking is probably the best out of all method.

Eunhyo wanted to look at Jin but halted in the middle,instead she looked at anywhere but Jin as she continued her conversation,"I'm just saying that since we've been already friends for 5 years,we could,um," Eunhyo paused, trying to find a suitable word to go with her sentence,"YOU NEVER TAKE ME TO MY FAVORITE 'ICE-CREAM AND CAKE' STORE!" She blurted out loudly.

Everything went paused. Even Eunhyo's mind was out of service. What did just happen?

"What?" Jin stared at her,surprised.

"What!" Eunhyo yelled in her mind while the whole world seems to be screaming,"WHAAAAAAAAATTT!!!"

The atmosphere went plain silence-not awkward but also not calm. She can hear the world cursing her for telling him the stupidest and the lamest excuse ever.

"Wow,Eunhyo,what a great excuse. I should use that when confessing to someone I like."

"Someone please give this lass a 0/10 for her excuse."

"Can someone drive to a funeral store so that I can build and put myself in it. I can't take the embarrassment."

"It's actually a little good. Just a little. Wait,no. Like very little."

"What are you? 4? "

Eunhyo is aware of Jin staring at her, when the atmosphere suddenly crashed by Jin's cute loud laugh with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"You're upset because I never take you to the store? " Jin asked,still laughing heartily.

"Yeah?" 

"You should've said so earlier. You're giving me chills with your serious face. It doesn't suit you at all." He wiped his tears but still continues to laugh. Meanwhile Eunhyo just gave an insincere smile, looking on the ground.

"So,I didn't have a chance,after all...since the beginning," Eunhyo thought as she curled her hands into a fist,"Ever since the beginning."

"Well,I have to go now. Wish me luck." Jin stood up after he looked at his watch as he pulled his bag over his shoulder.

"I guess it has all come to an end," Eunhyo mumbled under her breath. Suddenly,a hand touch her head and ruffled her hair which made Eunhyo looked up. Jin smiled at her as he said,"You're not going to wish me luck? "

"No," The lass said in a serious tone, "I'm not going to wish you luck because," She gulped down her unspoken words before she continued," Because she likes you. Wendy likes you too."

Jin's lips curved into a big smile as soon as he heard what Eunhyo just said. He ran through the door after thanking her for the tips. On the other hand, Eunhyo cried her lungs out as soon as she can't heard Jin's footsteps,who is running towards the person that he has feelings for.

 

Somehow,Eunhyo can't stop crying even if she wants to stop. It's just painful to think about what had happened. Is it because she can't confess to Jin or is it because Wendy liking him too? Moreover, they're going to confess to each other. Eunhyo doesn't know what to feel. Is she suppose to be happy or sad?

Suddenly, the crying lass heard someone's footsteps which made her stop crying. The footsteps were getting louder and louder as if they were walking towards her.

"A kidnapper inside the school building? Or maybe a burglar?" Eunhyo thought.

"Are you Jin's friend?" A familiar voice behind her asked.

"Yes?" Eunhyo hesitantly answered. The guy sat in front of Eunhyo and both of them were shocked as soon as they saw each other's face.

"You!" Both of them said together at the same time.

"You're the ert guy!" Eunhyo pointed her index finger across the so-called-ert guy's face.

The guy was surprised by her statement and replied,"What do you mean ert? Get that finger away or else I'll break it."

Eunhyo was intimidated and quickly moved away her finger.

"So," the guy tried to start a friendly conversation,"You just got dumped?"

Eunhyo burst into tears when she was reminded by the guy's words which made him startled and panicked.

"W-why are you crying? I'm just joking," He tried to comfort the lass but she cried even louder. He hesitantly patted Eunhyo's head,"There,there. It's okay. You can stop crying now."

Although he said that,Eunhyo kept crying and it made the guy in a froze mode.

"Look,I'm not the bad guy here. I'm just joking. It's just a harmless joke," he explained,trying to prove that he's innocent and doesn't know anything about her situation.

All of a sudden, Eunhyo stopped crying because she heard something outside the gym hall but the guy thought that she stops crying because of his way of 'comfort'.

"Hey,I made you stop crying. That's new for me," He complimented himself proudly. Eunhyo ignored him and wiped her eyes. She concentrate at the noise outside the gym and heard girls talking loudly.

"I thought I saw him here."

"I want to have his phone number."

"He's not handsome. He's extremely handsome. He has a great body too."

"How about we look inside?"

"Let's look outside the gym first."

"Okay," the girls answereed at the same time.

Eunhyo turned to the guy across her with a suspicious look on her face,"What did you do?"

"What?" He replied in confused,"I didn't do anything."

"Did anything happened before you came in here?"

"No. Nothing happened," He answered,"Except the fact that some of the girls kept looking at me and some of them even followed me and I ran."

"So,you're just here by coincidence?"

"Yes and no. Yes because I tried to run away from the scary girls. No because Jin told me there's a girl here alone and wanted me to bring her home. I never thought the girl is YOU," He looked at her with his 'judging' look.

"Jin?" Eunhyo thought and blushed,"He still cares about me.Haha."

She quickly took out her mirror from her bag and saw her eyes and nose in red. The thought of people saw her eyes and nose in red made her panicked.

"What should I do? My eyes and nose. They're red. It will take forever for them to disappear," Eunhyo complained to herself,"This is all your fault," She blamed the young man who was innocently stretching his body.

"My fault? How was this my fault?"

"If you didn't come here before,maybe the girls won't be here and I don't have to hide my red eyes and nose."

Apparently, Eunhyo doesn't like it when people saw her after-crying face because they would ask why she's crying which made her reminded the bad events and pressured her into crying once again.

The young man tut at her nonsense reason. "Here,just wear this then," He puts his black beanie on Eunhyo's face in order to cover her eyes and nose but he also made sure that his beanie doesn't fully covered her nose so that she could breath easily,or else he would bring a dead body home.

Somehow,when she inhaled, she smelled lemon-flavored shampoo,"This is a nice smell."

"Do you want to stay here?" The guy asked but his voice seems far away.

"Wait, where are you? I can't see." She extended both of her hands,trying to touch a body around her. He sighed heavily as he rolled his eyes. He walked towards her and grabbed her wrist,"Let's go."

Since Eunhyo can't see, she has to depend on the young man. "He might not actually a bad guy," Eunhyo thought. Just as she started to change her negative view of him, the guy childishly lead her to a wall and made her bump her head on to it. He laughed heartily at the situation.

"Ugh,just when I'm about to change my impression of him,he stupidly trying to be funny," Eunhyo mumbled under her breath while rubbing her head in annoyance.

"You're kinda cute," He spoke as he pinched her cheek.
 

 

The man opened the door and there were lots of girls in front of the door looking at him,amazed.

"See,I told you he was here."

Eunhyo hides behind his back after she sense a heavy aura coming from the girls.

"Can I have your number?" A girl approached him sweetly. She was staring at him when her sparkly eyes when she saw a shadow behind his back.

"Um,who is that?" She pointed at Eunhyo as if she's a thing,instead of a human.

The girls swarm around the young man,asking who the girl is and whether she is his girlfriend.

He laughed nervously and trying to find a way to escape,"Y-yes,she's mine. Excuse us. Thank you."

Although he said that,the girls doesn't let him escaped. Instead,they surrounded him. He had no choice but to close the door and locked it.

"Is there any other door we can use?"

"There is but it's locked. You need a key to open it and the key belongs to Mr Kim," Eunhyo explained.

"I have an idea," He said as he tightly grabbed Eunhyo's wrist.

He opened the door and the girls all look at him with sparkly eyes and death stare to Eunhyo. She can feel the stare piercing to her heart.

"You can't go away unless you tell us who she is," one of the girls demanded.

"She is," He paused and look at somewhere else,"Hey Jin." He greeted excitedly.

All the girls searched for Jin,"Where? Where is Jin oppa?" Eunhyo is also included. She tried to peek from the beanie as she heard Jin's name but was pulled away by the young man and ran away.

Evidently, he was using a childish tactic to distracted the scary girls. He ran away until they reached in front of the school, with Eunhyo blindly following him.

Both of them panted heavily after their escaping,"Wow! This is awesome. I never felt this thrilling before," he exclaimed.

Just as Eunhyo was about to take off the beanie, she saw Jin and Wendy walking together on the pathway.

"Hey Jin!" The young man shouted loudly,waving his hand in the air.

"Oh hey Jungkook! Did you found her?" Jin shouted back.

"Yeah,she's-here?" Jungkook's voice became soft that Jin can't heard what he said. Wendy and Jin looked at each other in confused because Jin thought she heard,apparently she doesn't too.

"Oi! Where are you?" Jungkook searched for the lass and finally found her behind standing with her back against the school's wall.

"Why are you hiding?" He asked as well as staring the girl with beanie above her eyebrows.

Eunhyo looked at him trying to hold her tears and voiced out,"Both of them are a couple. They agreed to each other. They're both together."

She pouted as she looked at him before silently crying,again.

On the other hand,Jungkook took a pity on her and wanted to comfort her but he doesn't know what to do so he just watched her crying.

"Hey,Jeon Jungkook! Where are you?" Jin called out. Eunhyo gasped as soon as she heard his voice and quickly puts on the beanie to cover her face.

Jungkook heard Jin calling for him and responded," I'm here!"

The lass stood straight and walked away from Jin,trying her best to avoid him.

"Eunhyo?" Jin asked and trying to approach her.

"No,don't follow me," Eunhyo paused,suprised at her words and continued,"What I mean is that Wendy is waiting for you. It's your first day together. It wouldn't be nice for a boyfriend to make his girlfriend wait for him on their first day. Besides, I can go back home alone. I have to go now. There are lots of homework waiting for me to finish. Bye,see you tomorrow," Eunhyo waved,without looking back and continued to walk.

As long as she moved forward and never turn back, everything will be okay...right?

"Can you walk with her? Usually,I'm the one who's walking her home but like she said,Wendy is waiting for me. Can I count on you?"

Jungkook agreed and followed Eunhyo behind her,watching her pathetic back. There was nothing going on except people walking past them when suddenly, Eunhyo hits an electric pole.

Jungkook wanted to laugh but he saw Eunhyo doing nothing rather, she just stood across the pole with her head looking down. Jungkook walked towards her and turn her to faced him. He raise the beanie above her head so that he can see Eunhyo's eyes and again,Eunhyo was holding her tears in.

He was uncertain whether it was good to hug her or not but after seeing her bloody red eyes, he hugged her,trying to console her. Once again, Eunhyo silently cried into his arms.

Tomorrow might be a good day. She might even stop liking him after seeing them together. Maybe it's a good decision after all,right?