Chapter 2

Unrequited Fairytale

Lunch time came abruptly and 'BH High School' was filled with peals of bells as well as students chattering and running along the hallway to buy food. On the other hand, Eunhyo dashed quickly through the back door in thrilled towards the gym hall as soon as she grabbed her black bag and left the teacher talking in unfinished sentence. A grin curved on her face,showing her teeth while she ran and thinking about how she should confess.

"This is it," Eunhyo thought as she arrived in front of the place where she would confess her love,"This is the day," She shut her eyes closed and exhaled to calm herself down. She can feel the adrenaline rush in her veins and her heart keeps pumping quickly. Eunhyo believed-no,she's confident that Jin will accept her confession right away because there's no way he does all the affectionate gestures for nothing; smile, pats the top of her head, listening to her whining all the time, hug her when she's sad, wipe her tears and be there for her when she needs. These gestures,in Eunhyo's opinion, are what boyfriends do to their girlfriend. Or so she thought. The reason why Eunhyo thought like that  was because she read too much romance novels and dramas. She thinks that guys who do kind things for a girl for no reason have a fond towards the girl.

Additionally, Eunhyo and Jin has been together for 5 years and he does these gestures until now,so it supports her theory that Jin also might has a crush on her.

Once again, Eunhyo exhaled calmly and extended her hand to grip the steel door knob in front of her. Just as she tried to turn it, a lovely familiar voice was heard behind her which made her head turn to see the owner's voice.

"Not coming in?" Jin asked with his eyebrows went up and his twinkling eyes stared at the girl in front of him. The figure slightly bent his body to match his face level with hers while holding his pink bag with its strap on his shoulder.

Eunhyo went speechless and was slightly opened. She immediately looked on the floor after accidentally make an eye contact with him.

"Don't tell me you're planning to skip and leave me alone to do all the work,are you?" He teased,still staring at the latter.

Eunhyo lifted her head and stuttered as she said,"O-of course not. W-why would I do that?" She laughed nervously.

Actually, there's a small part of her that wants to leave and doesn't want to confess. She's afraid that she'll get rejected and become embarrassed but what's worst is that their friendship will destroy just like that because of her confession.

Jin smiled and ruffled her hair as he said,"I know. I'm just joking." He then wraps his hand around her shoulder and lead her into the gym hall,still walking in a slightly bent body.

"Let's do this," Jin voiced after he puts his bag on a nearby bench,followed by Eunhyo. He loosened his school tie and took off his blue school's jacket,continued with folding both of his sleeves. On the other hand, Eunhyo tied her long hair into a ponytail and also took off her jacket. Both of them divided the jobs to reduce the time which subsequently became their task.

 (p.s : they're wearing this uniform c: )

 

Eunhyo plumped her body onto the floor beside Jin,after putting the cleaning utensils to where they belong. Jin saw the action made by the girl beside him which caused him to follow her.

"You did a great job," Jin complimented which made Eunhyo's heart skips in happiness,"The same goes to you," The latter replied.

The atmosphere was filled with silence-not an awkward silence,rather a calm,peace silence-- that she can hear her crush's heavy breathing. This is the sign. The sign that tells the in-love girl to confess her affection towards the guy who is laying on the floor,staring at the ceiling.

Eunhyo sat straight and focus on her crush's face,"I have something to tell you."

Jin noticed her serious expression and sat straight,"Shoot," he said which tells her to say what she wants.

"W-we have been together for 5 years and-," she paused and closed her eyes forcefully,"We've been together for a long time now and I was wondering if we could be more than friends."

"Sorry,we what? I can't hear what you just said," Jin replied.

Suddenly, 'Lie' by Big Bang suddenly was heard which came from Eunhyo's phone in her pocket.

Eunhyo turned to the other side and whispered while slightly covering ,"Wendy?"

"Okay,I've been debating for awhile whether to tell you or not, but I feel guilty for keeping this secret from you. Like I don't-," Wendy said mumbled quickly.

"Just spit it out, WENDY," Eunhyo accidentally yelled her name loudly and quickly covered .

"I like Seokjin," Wendy blurted out.

" Sukjin? Ji Sukjin? You like our Biology teacher?! I mean, not to judge or criticize you or something but you have a poor taste on men and like he's older than you. What I mean by older  is like really old. No offense to him but it's an offense to you. But it's okay. I'll support you,though. Which means I'll pretend to be not your friend in public- I repeat not-," Eunhyo misheard and continue to talk but was suddenly cut off by Wendy's sentence.

"No,Son Eunhyo. I like Jin. Kim Seokjin. The senior," Eunhyo's mind immediately went blank. She didn't know what to do. Her body froze and she felt a tear was formed and ready to fell down on her cheek.

"I'm planning to confess my feelings to him today and I should tell you about it beforehand. It doesn't feel right to not tell you about it. I should've told you sooner but I'm embarrassed-um,hello? Eunhyo? Are you there?" Wendy called out because she didn't hear anything.

"Since when?" Eunhyo asked. She knew it was wrong to ask the question but her mind went blank and all she could think of is why but of course she can't ask that to her dearest best friend.

"Last year. Look,I really am sorry. I should-,"

"Don't worry. Talk to you later. Someone is calling for me,bye," Eunhyo quickly ended the call and a tear rolled on her cheek. She swiftly wiped her tear using the back of her hand.

"There's a dust in my eye," she continuously rubbed her eye to make an excuse so that Jin don't notice her crying. Fortunately, he didn't and willing to help by slightly blow her eye,"Okay?" He asked and Eunhyo nodded.

"Is that Wendy?" Jin asked while leaning on his hand and Eunhyo nodded slowly. Somehow, she can hear him saying her name in a happy tone. Maybe it's her imagination.

"Actually,I like you-,"

Eunhyo's heart skipped a beat. It keeps pumping blood more quickly than before. Her face went red like a tomato. Just as she wants to reply, the next word breaks her heart.

"Your friend," Eunhyo suddenly heard and asked one more time in case she misheard it,"What?"

"I like Son Wendy, since last year, during the summer camp," Jin blushed like a little girl who was in love. He continued,"Later,I'm going to confess to her. Hopefully, she feels the same way as I did."

Eunhyo felt her world breaks apart. It feels like she lives in a lie. More tears formed on the edge of her eyes and ready to burst out but Eunhyo holds them in.

 How come she didn't notice this? They have been together through ups and downs but how come she didn't know that her best friend has a mutual feelings towards her crush?

But what if she notices? What if she notices but continues to lives in denials? What if she pretends not to notice? 

 


 

Here's a dancing panda to celebrate me finishing a chapter c:

 

Yay pandas!