Chapter 1

Unrequited Fairytale

Son Eunhyo walked along the pavement with her sleepy eyes, struggling to keep them wide open to prevent herself from bumping into someone or something because she once knock onto a pole due to the fact she walked with her eyes closed for a few seconds. She even apologized to the pole for knocking it. She thought it was a person! Few days later, she just realized she got a small purple bruise on top of her forehead. Thankfully, no one noticed.

Trying to keep herself awake, she stands in the middle of the footpath to do some light exercises before continuing her journey to school. She does the head exercise, followed by stretching her arms and legs when suddenly,she got interrupted by a husky,honeyed manly voice.

Eunhyo tucked the hair in front of her behind her ear as she turned around shyly, expecting a guy with good-looking face staring at her and she was right. Instead of wearing a school uniform,he was wearing a casual-sporty outfit ; a black sleeveless hoodie with shorts.  Perhaps, he is not a student?

 (he's wearing the black one)

She feels as if she was staring at a fallen angel because even the morning light beams on him. Somehow, his profile made Eunhyo dazed and her eyes were widen open. At the same time, Eunhyo can't keep her eyes off from the guy's muscle. It was as if his muscles keep calling for her to touch and caress them.

"Darn muscles," Eunhyo thought.

The guy walked towards her with both of his hand swinging beside his body every time he took each step towards her and then stand few centimeters away across her.

"So, you're here all along," he smirks as he looks down on the floor for a second as if he's in a disbelive. Instead of a pleasant,typical affectionate smirk,it was an unpleasant and somewhat erted smirk.

"E-excuse me? " Eunhyo was taken aback, "I think you have the wrong person. Nice to meet you though." Just as Eunhyo turned her back to him, he asked a question,"You don't remember me?"

Eunhyo stopped herself, recalling every handsome guy she ever met and actually talked to them. Unfortunately, she doesn't recalled any.

"I don't think I met him before. And even if I do,I should have remember his perfect,godly face, instead of forgetting him," Eunhyo thought to herself as she compliments him.

"When you used to work in BigTea cafe," he continued. Eunhyo tried to remember the year when she started working in BigTea cafe and thought," Me working in BigTea cafe? Isn't that like...,"

"Two years ago?!" She blurted out as she turned around to look at him. He nodded in return,"You embarrassed me in front of everyone, just because I cut the line and-,"

"Oh my god! Just becau- just because of that?! " Eunhyo went speechless. Her expression darkened as well as her impression of him shattered in pieces. She fanned herself with her hand,trying to keep herself cool. After a few seconds of fanning herself that doesn't even have any effect on her, she continued,"You're the type of person who holds grudge,aren't you?"

Before the guy can even answered, Eunhyo went on saying,"You want me to apologize? Well then, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for embarrassing you just because you cut the line. Happy?"

After a few steps of leaving the site, Eunhyo turned around to glare at him and yelled, "Maybe you're the one who suppose to apologize for being a rude person," she ran quickly after saying what she wants, because she's afraid he might chased after her.

 

***

 

"Wendy!Wendy!" Eunhyo called out as she ran towards the girl who is putting Biology book in her locker. She looked at Eunhyo with a confused look who was panting in front of her as if she just chased by a bulldog.

"I have- a shocking story. There's a guy-," she huffed in exhaustion while trying to tell her story,"Guy in hoodie, he's a good looking person and- he talks to me- embarrassing him-and i was like what and he's just-oh god!"

Both Eunhyo and Wendy stared at each other. Eunhyo was giving a 'you-do-understand-my-story-right' face, on the other hand, Wendy was giving 'i-don't' face. Eunhyo explained her story once again as if she understands what Wendy says through her face. She calmed herself down and catch a breath before apprising Wendy of what had happened on the way to school.

Suddenly, she was interrupted by a familiar voice, which made Eunhyo stopped and looked at the owner of the voice.

"Good morning,the Son sisters," the voice greeted both Eunhyo and Wendy. Eunhyo and Wendy are not sisters but they have the same surname and were nicknamed 'Son sisters' every time they were seen together. Actually, the only person who called them the special nickname is the owner of the voice, Kim Seokjin, the one-year senior and also Eunhyo's crush. They've been together since Eunhyo in 5th grade. Now, Eunhyo is in 10th grade and she sees her crush growing every single day into a fine man he is. He was made up of boyfriend materials that Eunhyo wanted in her partner. Bless puberty!

"Good morning too,Jin," Eunhyo blushed. She doesn't dare to look into his eyes,in case her life might get just because she looks into his eyes. That's how powerful Eunhyo's crush on him. No one knows Eunhyo had a crush on him, even Wendy, her best friend. Probably because she's good in hiding her feelings. In her mind, perhaps she should win an award for being good  at concealing her fondness towards her 5 years crush.

"Can you see me during lunch time? But you have to wait for few minutes though. Today is my duty to clean the gym hall," Jin said to Wendy and she nodded as her respond. Eunhyo's face lights up with happiness and a smile curved onto her face,showing her straight,white teeth.

"It's my duty too!" Eunhyo exclaimed. For the first time ever, she's excited to clean the gym hall-with her crush. Maybe she could take the chance to confess her feelings too. "Really? Well then, see you later," Jin smiled and tousled her hair affectionately before turning his back to Eunhyo and walked away.

Eunhyo's stomach filled with butterflies which made her squealed in excitement. She's looking forward to seeing Jin and this could be the start of  her first relationship.

"Is it just me or you look like someone who wants to puke?" Wendy said as she took some books from the locker and putting them into her backpack.

"What if I tell you I want to puke-"

"Ew-," Wendy made a gross face while looking at her best friend.

"But in happiness! I couldn't wait!" 

"Couldn't wait for what?" Wendy asked.

"I'll tell you later. I'll tell you everything once it's over. I promise." Eunhyo gave her a suspicious smile while taking a book from her locker,beside Wendy.

"Don't tell me- you're going to kill someone? If you are, then don't tell me about it."

"Better than that!" She slammed her locker and looked at Wendy,"You just have to wait."

"You're making me curious to death. You know, you shouldn't tell me if you're not going to talk about it," Wendy sulks.

"I'm giving you a teaser,okay? So that you'll looking forward to it too."

The Son sisters walked side by side when Wendy asked,"So what happen to the godly hoodie guy?"

"Thank god you remind me! Unbelievably unbelievable!" Eunhyo continued telling her story while Wendy listened to her sincerely.

 

I can't wait to confess my feelings.

 


 

Even Albert Einstein wants to be notice