TY

Mashed Potatoes or Mashed Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two hours later, Jungkook stood in front of Taehyung’s dorm, with a sack of potatoes in his arms. The elder had specifically pointed out that he wanted the batter mix of mashed potatoes. Yet, Jungkook had gotten the actual sack of raw potatoes in hopes of a heartier meal… and it would stretch the time they are able to spend together. Jungkook ducked his head to hide the smile creeping onto his face as he rang the doorbell. Just moments after, the door swung open and there stood in black slacks and a crisp white button up, was Taehyung.

Jungkook immediately felt embarrassed. He still hadn't changed out from the plain outfit he had worn to the market. He was 100 percent sure that he ranked of fish and poultry. Hopefully the mashed potatoes will make up for that?

Taehyung beamed down at the younger. “You made it! And you brought the-- oh… it's not the batter mix?” Instantly, the door slammed in his face.

Jungkook stood there in shock. The door just slammed in his face. Did Taehyung not want this? Jungkook took a few steps back, stunned at what had happened. His chances were blown. There was no chance--

As soon as it had closed, the door swung open again, and Taehyung’s hand latched onto Jungkook’s wrist with such aggression that the younger thought he would drop the heavy sack of potatoes.

“On second thought, these potatoes would be healthier,” Taehyung announced.

Unfortunately, the bag caught a snag, and a dozen fell out, rolled behind Taehyung’s feet, and caused the two individuals to topple onto the ground. Jungkook's face was pressed against Taehyung’s chest, and he noticed a potato rolling lopsidedly near Taehyung’s armpit. To avoid any awkward silence between them, Jungkook grabbed the nearest potatoes and began stuffing them back into the ripped bag. Reaching toward the fourth one, he heard Taehyung chuckle lightly and his hand stopped Jungkook’s from grabbing hold of it. 

“This is why I told you to get the boxed mix,” Taehyung joked. Jungkook was at a loss for words. Why couldn't this guy just make up his mind? First, he hated the potatoes, then he likes them, then now he wants the mix again?

Worrying, Jungkook asked, “Is this too much of a burden? Should I just leave?” He hoped the answer would be no. 

“No, I need you to help me cook dinner for my date later tonight.”

“...Oh.”

Why am I here? Jungkook thought. I had put out time for a guy who clearly already had feelings for someone else. Why do I have to be so stupid as to throw away my time to help him?

But that's the thing. Taehyung was never a burden to Jungkook. The younger’s feelings had grown with every conversation, every interaction with the elder. Taehyung was never as rude as to push Jungkook away, but inside of the younger’s head, he worried that the elder really did think of him as a nuisance.

Snapping Jungkook out of his tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter