Chapter 27

A Long Wait

4 Days

Shinhye was in the school finishing off some work that Woohyun wasn’t able to finish. How can he leave me with all this work? she thought. Shinhye looked up when she heard the door being opened seeing Miss. Nam walking in.

“Oh eomeoni what brings you here?” Shinhye asked clearly surprised with this visit. Miss. Nam sat herself down on the chair that was placed in front of Shinhye’s desk. “I came to talk to you and Woohyun about the wedding. Do you mind calling him as I can’t seem to reach him?” She said.

“Ah Woohyun is in China right now but he will be back soon”

“China?

 Shinhye nodded “He went to go see Sunggyu and would be back with him” Shinhye said explaining the situation to her.

Miss. Nam frowned I guess I'll have to talk to him later she thought. “Well I guess I’ll just go straight to the point. I want to move the wedding to tomorrow”

“B-Bwo? Why?” Shinhye was clearly shocked, how can Miss. Nam just randomly come over and tell her she wants to change the date of the wedding to tomorrow?! “I think it’s for the best for both of you” she said.

“Miss. Nam sorry but I don’t think that is a good idea.” Shinhye sighed

“Telling you the truth I was thinking of pushing the wedding back” Shinhye has been thinking about all the things that was coming between her and Woohyun. She wanted to forget about the whole wedding for awhile and just wanted to build on their relationship more.

“Pushing it back makes things even worst”

“I’m sorry if I sound rude but this is my wedding not yours okay? We are sticking to the date. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m busy right now” Shinhye looked down at her laptop scared to meet Miss. Nam’s glaring eyes. But she didn’t care if she made her angry, she was happy that she finally stood up to that woman and felt proud of herself.

Shinhye looked up when she heard the door closing and saw the empty seat that Miss. Nam was on.

 

 

In China

Sunggyu was in the office looking blankly at the wall. Being in China caused him to have less work so he didn’t really have much work to do but sit in his office and think. He heard a soft knock on his door and told the person to come in.

His secretary walked in “Sir is it okay if I go home now?” she asked. Sunggyu looked at his wrist watch and realised it was getting late and told his secretary that she could leave. With a smile she left the room.

Sunggyu sighed and got up ready to leave as well.

He got downstairs and enters his car and told his driver to bring him back to the hotel he was staying. After a few minutes Sunggyu realised that they weren’t heading back to the hotel “Ya where are you going?” he asked finally looking up at his driver to see Woohyun driving the car instead.

“W-what are you doing here?” Sunggyu was so confused, how did he not notice him before?

“Oh hyung why are you in my car?”

“Stop messing about, what are you doing? Bring me back to the hotel” Sunggyu demanded. Woohyun pulled over in front of a deserted park and turned around to look at him. “You wouldn’t talk to me so this was the only way. Come on” with that Woohyun got out the car, Sunggyu had no choice but to follow.

“Ya why did you bring me here?” Sunggyu finally asked. They have been walking around the park for awhile and he just wanted to get to the point.

“So we can talk”

“Then talk instead of walking around for no reason” Sunggyu stopped and looked elsewhere making sure not to look at him. Sunggyu had a feeling that he might hit him if he looked him in the eyes.

Woohyun sighed “Come back already.”

“I will, just not yet. Now was that all?” Sunggyu asked. “Hyung the wedding is in 3 days!” Woohyun paused and looked at Sunggyu “Don’t tell me you’re not coming because of Alex” he asked. Just him saying her name ticked Sunggyu off.

“I’m leaving” Sunggyu said turning around ready to walk way.

“Well I guess I’ll keep Alex to myself.” Woohyun said. Sunggyu turned towards him “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I’m saying I’m going to cancel the wedding and convince her to be with me” Sunggyu frowned at what he just told him. How could he even think of doing such a thing Sunggyu thought. This wasn’t the cousin that he once knew, he wouldn’t treat a woman like that and Sunggyu defiantly knows that he doesn’t want to hurt others.

Sunggyu clenched his hands to keep his anger in. “Are you really going to do such a thing?” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun casually shrugged “yes, why not? I like Alex and if you’re not around it will be easier to get her to like me again” he said. What he just said pushed Sunggyu at the edge. Hearing his cousin say these things just pissed him off. Without warning Sunggyu punched Woohyun on the face causing him to fall on the floor.

“YA! How far are you planning to go?!” Sunggyu asked, picking him back up by grabbing on his collar.  Before Sunggyu could punch him again he noticed the smirk on Woohyun’s face, “Did hitting me make you feel any better?” he asked. Sunggyu frowned but realised what he meant and pushed him back on the ground. Sunggyu sighed and sat next to him “Did you have to make me angry on purposely?” he asked.

“That was the only way for you to hit me. If I asked you wouldn’t do it” Woohyun said while rubbing his aching cheek. “Aish but I forgot how hard your punches are” he said trying to lighten the mood a bit. “So you’re not going to cancel the wedding” Sunggyu asked.

Woohyun shook his head “just trying to get you to punch me” Sunggyu shook his head and pushed Woohyun again but this time lightly. “Are you coming back now?” Woohyun asked. Sunggyu thought about it. If he did go back he was wondering if he could face you. He knows he shouldn’t be angry at Alex because it wasn’t really her fault but he still felt betrayed. And knowing Alex he knew she probably left his house already.

“I’ll come back” Sunggyu finally decided.

“Really?! And here I thought I had to kidnap you” Woohyun said. Sunggyu looked at him weirdly “Would you actually do something like that?” he asked. Without answering his question Woohyun got up “Come on hyung lets go get your stuff” he said and walked towards the car.

“Ya! Nam Woohyun, answer my question!”