Chapter 26

A Long Wait

 

5 Days

I arrived at our second company in China and climbed out the car. Before I was able to enter the building my secretary walked out of it while pushing back. “Ani Mr. Kim you can’t go in there” she said with a panicked look.

“Wae?” I asked

“Mr. Nam came over again and is waiting for you at the front desk. It’s best if you use the back door while I go distract him” she said. I sighed, is he not going to give up already? He’s been trying to contact me since the day I got here. What does he even want from me?

“No it’s okay”

“Huh? B-but didn’t you say you didn’t want to see him” she asked. I just smiled at her and walked inside the building with her following me. I kept my eyes on the elevator door not caring about Woohyun’s presence.

“Kim Sunggyu. How long are you going to avoid me?”

I stopped and without looking at him I answered him “I have a feeling that I might punch you when I see your face” with that I walked inside the elevator. When I got to the top floor I walked towards my office and went inside while taking my jacket off.

“Sir Do you need anything?” I nearly forgot that my secretary was with me. I sat behind my desk and asked for a cold drink, she nodded and left. I sighed and leaned back on my chair, how did everything turn out like this?

 

 

Alex was walking in the crowded streets of New York. That was where her new school was and her best friend wasn’t happy about it. “Oh come on Amber I mean think about it. Isn’t New York better than Seoul which is like across the sea?” Alex asked while she was talking to her on the phone and trying not to bump into people who seem to be rushing of to work after their lunch break.

“Hmm I guess but still! There is still no difference with the travelling arrangements. You still have to take a plane to L.A”

“Taking a plane from here to L.A doesn’t cost that much”Alex said trying to reason with her friend. She stopped in front of a coffee shop, should I get something to eat here? She thought.

“Hey! Are you listening to me?”Amber asked on the other line of the phone. Alex walked in the café and stood in the line. “Yes I’m listening”

“I don’t even get why you had to change schools though. You better tell me everything okay!”Amber demanded. “Yes I will tell you! Now go before you’re late for class” Alex said while walking forward when the line moved.

“I’m not going to be—“Amber gasped when she looked up at the watch “I HAVE TO GO BYE!” with that Amber hung up the phone. Alex chuckled at her friend and looked up realizing she was at the front of the line. After ordering her Americano and a sandwich she decided to eat outside as the weather was bright today.

Finishing off with her food and drink she got up and went to put her things in the trash. She looked up and saw a young man talking to someone who was on the phone. The person just kept shaking his head and walked away continuing with his phone conversation.

“Aish New York is defiantly different”

Oh! He speaks Korean? Alex thought. She was thinking of approaching him because he had a troubled look on his face. “Should I or should I not?” she asked herself but when she looked up she realized he was gone.

“Where did he go?” she looked around but couldn’t find him again. She scratched her head in confusion but soon shrugged it off.

As Alex was enjoying the weather she decided to walk to central park instead of heading back to her dorm. She walked round the park and decided to rest a bit and sat on the park bench and looked up at the sky. She closed her eyes and sighed enjoying the sun hitting her face.

Was it a good thing for me to leave him like that? Without explanation? Maybe I should write him a letter telling him I will come back. Alex sighed once again and sat up straight.

“It’s best to stop thinking about him for now” she told herself. Soon she felt something wet hit her shoulder and then her cheek. She looked up and realized it was raining “how did the weather just change like that?!” Alex got up and ran towards a tree and stood under it so she wouldn’t get wet.

“Aish chinja! The weather is even confusing here”

Hmm? That voice. Alex looked behind the tree and saw the young man from before. The man stopped brushing his cardigan when he felt someone was looking at him and looked behind him. Alex stood up straight and looked somewhere else feeling embarrassed that she got caught staring.

“Do I look weird or something” he said to himself.

“No!” Alex doesn’t know why but she felt like she should have said something. This time he was looking at her like she was weird. “I-I mean you don’t look weird, s-sorry” with that she turned back around and leaned on the tree. It took awhile for him to realize that Alex was speaking Korean.

“You speak Korean?” he asked while walking towards her side of the tree. Alex pointed at herself to make sure he was talking to her and he nodded. “Y-yes I do” she said.

He sighed in relieve “thank goodness. I need your help” he said.

“Wae? Is something wrong?”

“I was wondering if you could bring me here” he handed her a piece of paper with an address on it. Alex looked at it and recognised it straight away; it was a hotel that was just a block away from her dorm room. “Yeah sure it’s not that far from here. I’ll take you there when the rain stops” she said and handed the paper back to him.

After a few minutes that felt like an hour the rain finally stopped. Alex walked out under the tree and started walking but stopped on her track and looked behind her. “Are you not coming?” she asked.

He nodded and stood next to her. “Oh may I ask what your name is?” he asked.

“Alex. It’s actually Alexandra but I rather like people calling me Alex”

“Alex? It’s cute, my name is Sunggyu. Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 

I laid my head on the table and looked at the phone that was practically yelling at me to use it. “Should I call her or not?” I asked myself. After some thoughts sat up and grabbed my phone and searched for her phone number, when I got it I pressed call.

 

 

Alex POV

I could hear my phone ringing from the guest room I’m staying in, in Amber’s house. I walked inside and answered it without looking at the ID.

“Hello?”

“Ahh Alexandra how are you?” I smiled at the voice and sat on my bed. “Hey dad how are you feeling?”I asked. “Better than before so you don’t have to worry” he said.

“How can I not worry? You hardly get ill and this seems serious. But don’t worry I’ll be coming back home soon okay”

“Why so soon?”

I raised my eyebrows “Why? You don’t want your own daughter to come and see you?” I asked. I heard him laugh at the other line “Don’t take it in the wrong way. I just want to have some time with the friends you weren’t able to see when you moved away to New York” he said.

I sighed “hmm well things change you know. And I want to come back anyways”

“Come back after your friend’s wedding okay? I don’t want to ruin things for you”he said. I frowned “You don’t ruin anything dad! Aish why say that.”

My dad chuckled “Okay, okay. I have to get going now; I will call you again okay”

“Okay. Bye dad~!”

________________________________________________________________________________

HELLO~

sorry for not updating for a week or so? i don't know, all i know is i havent updated this in awhile.

but anyways to make it up i made a long chapter and i might put up the next chapter.

i'll have to see. Please comment! i didnt get any comments from the last chapter.....was it bad?